Photo
- - - - -

How do you like your Wiki: 1st Post or After 1st post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Which is better for our wikipost feature?

Which is better for our wikipost feature?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:42 PM

Do you prefer the wikiposts to have the 1st post editable or would you like to have a special wikipost located after the 1st post?

#2 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:35 PM

I'm not a fan of having the OP's post editable-

Edible, perhaps . . . but not editable.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#3 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:03 PM

I'm a fan of making a special post AFTER the OP of a thread that others can edit to their heart's content. I understand that the wikified OP's of threads CAN be reversed to an earlier state in the event someone screws up or goes in and maliciously edits out information, but it's just easier(to me anyway) to keep the first post untouched by anyone other than the OP of a thread.

Personally, I'd love to go back to the old way where there was no editing the OP of a thread unless you were the original poster(or a mod). Too many cooks as they say.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#4 Relysis

Relysis

No Guns Next Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:30 PM

Having a second editable wiki post would solve any problems with misinformation in the original post, and still give the community dynamic updates. I like it.

#5 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:33 PM

I actually prefer the first post being editable. A post after the first one, someone might not notice if they are just skimming first posts. People already ignore the posts after the first one as it is.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#6 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:10 PM

I actually prefer the first post being editable. A post after the first one, someone might not notice if they are just skimming first posts. People already ignore the posts after the first one as it is.

Some folks also tend to ignore the OP of a thread completely and just keep asking questions till they get all of the info from the OP without having to read.:bomb::roll:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#7 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:12 PM

Some folks also tend to ignore the OP of a thread completely and just keep asking questions till they get all of the info from the OP without having to read.:bomb::roll:

Yeah, that too.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#8 Tom Jane

Tom Jane

I want my kids back!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:00 AM

I greatly prefer the second post to be the editable one for reason stated. Wiki-style posts are great, but one 'hard-copy' first would be best, and the second would be for constantly updated info that is unfortunately open to misinformation.
I just want my kids back!!!

Steam Offers | PSN Gameshare offers | DLC/Code Requests | Trade List | Lowball
Looking to sell Steam games promptly: B-Lands GotY ($7), B-Lands 2 ($10), Tropico 4 ($7.50), Ys Origins ($10); Others
Looking to sell PSN Gameshares promptly: 1) God of War 1, 2, Origins; 2) Darksiders

Will listen to reasonable offers.

#9 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:09 PM

FWIW, I would also rather the wiki be an automatic second post (at least in the deals forums) and not optional.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.