Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Battlefield 3 - FREE for PS+ Members starting July 2nd!

Battlefield 3 BF3

• Please log in to reply
943 replies to this topic

Poll: Preferred days/times for CAG Night?

Preferred days/times for CAG Night?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:21 AM

headerbf3.png

Battlefield 3 CAG Clan Sign-ups | CAG/PSN:

"CAG is a proficient assemblage of gamers from across the globe. Its diverse community is comprised of all ages, genders, ethnicities, nationalities, and social affiliations. Bound by affiliation, mutual interest, and cooperation, Cheap Ass Gamer's are looking to have fun and kick some ass."

LATEST NEWS:

Battlefield 1943 is going to be FREE! (as originally intended at E3, details below)

There have been some misunderstandings around Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield 3. To address this we are making Battlefield 1943 available free of charge to owners of Battlefield 3 on the PS3 beginning this month.

Battlefield 1943 PlayStation®3 vouchers will be available on the following dates:

• November 26th, 2011 for Battlefield 3 players on PlayStation®Network Sony Europe
  • December 10th, 2011 for Battlefield 3 players on PlayStation®Network Sony America
  • December 17th, 2011 for Battlefield 3 players on PlayStation®Network Sony Asia and Sony Japan

Please note that vouchers are region-specific. Sony Europe vouchers will only work in Europe and will not work in America, Asia, or Japan.

Source (Voucher Redemption page)

Edited by SynGamer, 01 July 2013 - 10:47 PM.
Clan Setup

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#2 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:30 AM

OVERVIEW:
Spoiler

Developer: EA Digital Illusions CE
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Engine: Frostbite 2
Release date:
  • NA October 25, 2011
  • AUS October 27, 2011
  • EU October 28, 2011

FREE:

PATCHES:
  • Patch 1.02 Changelog Nov. 30th 2011
    Spoiler
VIDEOS:

Q7GVSx7yMaA e8fDhvuMzEY
FRqfFfuVuNE XbAl5NIFRGQ

OLDER VIDEOS:

Battlefield 3 / Jay-Z -- "99 Problems" Full-Length Gameplay TV Ad
Battlefield 3 Operation Guillotine Gameplay Trailer [HD]
Battlefield 3: Focussing on Innovation
Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare Pack Gameplay Trailer
Battlefield 3 | Caspian Border Gameplay

Edited by SynGamer, 30 November 2011 - 11:20 PM.

#3 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:52 PM

BC2 worked out well on the console but I'll be ordering for the PC.

Battlefield is a PC game. At least for me. :)

2ic4l5j.jpg

#4 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:33 PM

my clan and i will be rocking this on ps3. stark, i am saddened you will not be joining pxl this time around.

EightBitArtist.png

#5 JG5253

JG5253

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:17 PM

I will pass on COD MW3 this year for Battlefield 3. I'm excited to try out the demo though.

#6 harleymandvdson

harleymandvdson

Da destroyer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:05 PM

How do you get into the beta? I might actually buy this over MW3.

#7 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:42 PM

How do you get into the beta? I might actually buy this over MW3.

Pre-order on EA's "Origin", or own a copy of Medal of Honor LE (first runs...can still be bought cheap actually).

#8 BadgerDodger

BadgerDodger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

If you bought medal of honor you only get 48hrs early access to the beta before its open to everyone.

#9 Frank Deluded

Frank Deluded

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:03 PM

I will pass on COD MW3 this year for Battlefield 3. I'm excited to try out the demo though.

Same here. It's a shame the console version isn't good to be as massive as PC but that's understandable and okay with me.

#10 snakelda

snakelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:16 PM

I pre ordered a couple months ago!Just waiting for it to be released...

#11 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:00 AM

Who wants to start up the CAG Clan? I was going to use the second post for it but might as well have a separate thread.

#12 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:03 AM

I am looking forward to checking this one out for sure, but as far as I know the beta is only available for PC players?

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#13 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:11 PM

Battlefield 3 gets ready to rock GamesCom!

As Producer Patrick Liu puts the final touches to the setup in one of our booths, we are counting down the hours to a great week of gaming.

Battlefield 3 is live at the GamesCom show in Cologne, and we're here to follow the success of GDC with the Fault Line mission and E3 this July, when we let gamers experience first-hand the ever-changing multiplayer map Operation Métro.

Tomorrow (August 16), we kickstart one of the largest game shows in the world with an action-packed EA press conference that is sure to please any fans of Battlefield. After that, five glorious days of gaming ensue. Starting Wednesday at 09:00AM, the floodgates open and our fans will be able to play Battlefield 3 in one of the largest setups we have ever taken to the road.

Be sure to check back here on the Battlefield blog for daily updates, photos, video summaries of the bustle from the show floor, and more. And for the very latest in everything Battlefield, remember to follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

Game on!

Apparently the trailer DICE just showed off was amazing. Everyone on Twitter is freaking out about how awesome it is...will have a trailer up as soon as possible. If you find it on youtube, please post the link :D

EDIT:

NDDfPxF3EFE

Edited by SynGamer, 16 August 2011 - 03:23 PM.

#14 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:57 PM

I am looking forward to checking this one out for sure, but as far as I know the beta is only available for PC players?

theres a console beta. theres a beta if you bought medal of honor (or have a code from there) and my friend overheard a gamestop employee talking about a beta when you preorder, but i havent seen anywhere that thats confirmed yet.

EightBitArtist.png

#15 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:01 PM

The glare off the cockpit was amazing; really adds some authenticity to how you can lose someone in the sun. Also, LOL at that little UAV rover. I can't imagine that being used to disarm bombsites, but it would be fucking hilarious if you can.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#16 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:09 PM

The glare off the cockpit was amazing; really adds some authenticity to how you can lose someone in the sun. Also, LOL at that little UAV rover. I can't imagine that being used to disarm bombsites, but it would be fucking hilarious if you can.

I totally got a WALL-E moment with the little rover. Really hope we can use that in MP but overall, this game just went from can't wait to CAN'T FUCKING WAIT! :) What was that other game that's a shooter and is coming out this fall? Meh, can't remember ;)

EDIT: Oh yeah, Co-op mode has been CONFIRMED :)

Edited by SynGamer, 16 August 2011 - 05:29 PM.

#17 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:08 AM

Looks incredible to say the least but of course we all need to see how the game is balanced and how the maps are laid out. Will seemingly awesome things like jets and tanks throw off the balance? Looking good though.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#18 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:41 AM

Looks incredible to say the least but of course we all need
to see how the game is balanced and how the maps are laid out. Will seemingly awesome things like jets and tanks throw off the balance? Looking good though.

Jets were in previous games in the battlefield series. What I like about this is that every thing had a counter to it. Anti air stations (can see some flak cannons it seems in video, anti air rpg load out, other jets.

#19 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:05 PM

A good tank commander like me can break the game until everyone on the other side goes engineer. Jets never were never really a problem in BF2, but helis were. Most people just aren't skilled enough to kill people efficiently in jets.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#20 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

EA sent out a four page Battlefield 3 multiplayer fact sheet, which has a list of all the weapons, weapon accessories, solider equipment, solider specializations, vehicles and vehicle specializations. The fact sheet also says there will be 9 multiplayer maps. The only two revealed right now are Caspian Border and o Operation Métro.

Planet Battlefield

One of advantages PC gamers have had over consoles was the ability to pick and chose the multiplayer servers they played on. Now EA has confirmed that the server browser feature will be available for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Battlefield 3. This makes Battlefield 3 one of the few multiplayer games on consoles that offers a server browser, where players are given more choice in terms of where to play, what maps to play on, game settings, game modes, and much more.

A server browser for consoles was a requested feature from many Battlefield fans, and it finally looks like consoles will be getting some more love from DICE. Hopefully we’ll see more PC features added to consoles, like the recently announced Commo Rose communications interface.

BF3blog

#21 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:46 PM

Server browser? My god, is it possible to marry this game? Seriously...I was questioning my decision to not pick up MW3, but after the last 24 hours Battlefield 3 has completely sold me :D

#22 pbnate88

pbnate88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:56 PM

Preordering. Whered you guys get yours? Amazon?

#23 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:04 PM

GameStop for midnight release.

#24 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:07 AM

The pre order bonuses are a bit lacking, so if amazon offers a credit I'll go with them. If not game stop to get it faster.

#25 Frank Deluded

Frank Deluded

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:57 AM

Have they released any info on how to get into the beta?

#26 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:46 AM

Have they released any info on how to get into the beta?

So far all we know is that people who bought Medal of Honor new when it came out will be able to get into the beta. No details on consoles but the PC beta should be ready to go soon.

#27 HCG

HCG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:17 PM

So far all we know is that people who bought Medal of Honor new when it came out will be able to get into the beta. No details on consoles but the PC beta should be ready to go soon.

The upcoming Beta is an Open Beta on all platforms.

Those who bought MOH:LE will get 48hrs early access. Nothing more.

BTW People who pre-ordered the PC copy over Origin are also eligible for the early access.

And I read somewhere that the people who participated in the Alpha testing are also eligible for the early access.

#28 Mr. 420

Mr. 420

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:44 PM

I've never played battlefield before but I am looking forward to raping people in this game. It multiplayer looks way more fun than what they call of duty or resistance 3. This game doesn't have aim assist does it? (looks like missle lock on jets though) :fridge:
:booty::-#:fridge:
:imwithst::puke::bow:

#29 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:04 PM

I've never played battlefield before but I am looking forward to raping people in this game. It multiplayer looks way more fun than what they call of duty or resistance 3. This game doesn't have aim assist does it? (looks like missle lock on jets though) :fridge:

if you never played a battlefield game before, youll most likely be the one getting raped.

EightBitArtist.png

#30 DocX

DocX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:27 PM

BF3 looks absolutely amazing. Was originally just getting it for PC but now that more of my console friends are getting it I guess I'm preordering it twice. As if all the AAA games weren't making me poor enough already.

Anyone know if the MOH disc will be needed for the 48 hour early beta? I got rid of the disc but still have the codes from the in case booklet, or is it tied to your EA account that registers with the MOH activation code? Figured it probably won't matter though. The gameplay and trailers that I've seen so far look phenomenal. October can't come soon enough.