• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:03 PM

http://www.amazon.co...12473618&sr=8-3

amazon preorder for valkyria chronicles 2 artbook. says the release date is january 10, 2012. lets see how that works out lol.

Edited by technicalstylez, 09 August 2011 - 01:46 PM.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#2 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:07 PM

regardless of when this gets released, thanks for bringing it to our attention OP...in for 1

#3 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:32 PM

Pre-ordered!! Now to watch the ensuing drama LOL.

#4 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

I'm passing on this one for now since I haven't played VC2 yet. I really should play the game since I loved VC so much but since they stuck it on the PSP, I just don't think it feels the same.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#5 kermit036

kermit036

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

Just got the Valkyria Chronicles Design Archive. This is what an art book should be!

@Vinny You have probably heard this before, but I think Valkyria Chronicles 2 definitely does hold the standard of the first game even if it is on the PSP. You should definitely start playing it.

Someone should start a petition to bring VC3 to the States

#6 mowmow

mowmow

must..resist..collecting.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:53 PM

yes! now i can have both artbooks

9917.png

#7 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

I own the DD of VC2... I just haven't played it because it's on my PSP. However, I have the component cables and could easily hook it up to my TV and use my awesome headphones... hrmmm... after FFXIII, I may do that... or crack open Infamous 2 or Catherine (or a million other games, damn CAG!)
Posted Image

#8 Relysis

Relysis

No Guns Next Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:16 PM

Pre-ordered!! Now to watch the ensuing drama LOL.

I don't know what you're talking about. I'm sure this is the art book everyone has really been waiting for. VC2 was the perfect sequel. It fulfilled all of the potential that VC1 showed on the PS3. I think in part, due to the transition to the PSP, where the series can really thrive. The story in particular came alive with it's perfect momentum and great new cast.

I see no cause for drama here...

Really though, thanks for the heads up OP. If there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that Udon can make a better sequel.

#9 mowmow

mowmow

must..resist..collecting.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:19 PM

I was going to buy this off play-asia for like 60 bucks until you guys told me this the book would be released in english a few months ago. vc2 was a great game and its a great chance to get it since its amazon dotd too =D

9917.png

#10 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:25 PM

I don't know what you're talking about. I'm sure this is the art book everyone has really been waiting for. VC2 was the perfect sequel. It fulfilled all of the potential that VC1 showed on the PS3. I think in part, due to the transition to the PSP, where the series can really thrive. The story in particular came alive with it's perfect momentum and great new cast.

Really though, thanks for the heads up OP. If there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that Udon can make a better sequel.

By drama he means the constant delays that the first VC art book suffered and the outrage that ensued after each one.

#11 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

the drama refers to us waiting a year for it to be released and some of us having our orders canceled for by amazon due to "lack of quantity" only to have amazon relist the book the next day. And I'll tell you right now this is not the book I've been waiting for because I do not plan to get a psp thus I will never play this game. I've been waiting for the first book, and alas will have it in 2 days. You sound like you helped make VC2 or something lol, or atleast an amz cs rep trying to get us to buy the dotd.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#12 fwbweux

fwbweux

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:30 PM

The character design for VC2 was pretty inferior to the original, but as long as this is a true "design archive" and has lots of nice concept art I'm definitely in for this.

It just guts me to know that Sega casually decided to kill off the VC franchise outside of Japan considering that VC3 looked like a return to form in every way imaginable.

---

#13 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:33 PM

preview of the book:

#14 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:48 PM

preview of the book:

Looks good, I'm buying. Now to wait a year for the release.

Posted Image

#15 Animekatt

Animekatt

Black Catgirl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:37 PM

Preordered. Thanks OP.

Animekatt.png 4bc3aaafe5e7610a18092ffc8d198a69_ba22853

#16 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

This is awesome! Now all we need is VC 3 and it's artbook. That game looks 5x better than 2.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#17 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

Oh Jesus, here we go again.

#18 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:43 PM

Pre-ordered. Hopefully it will actually come out on the release date this time...

#19 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:49 PM

lol this game isnt gonna be released forever!! they should let people who are willing to buy it buy it for like 10 buck at least right now cuz that would show we are dedicated to playing this game when it gets released. hard core fan status

Uhh... the game has been out for almost a year now.

#20 leylines

leylines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:19 PM

lol this game isnt gonna be released forever!! they should let people who are willing to buy it buy it for like 10 buck at least right now cuz that would show we are dedicated to playing this game when it gets released. hard core fan status

um...what?

#21 XenoNinjaX

XenoNinjaX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:39 PM

i mostly ignored the post for the first book. what was the drama about? was it constant delays?

#22 VANDALHEART

VANDALHEART

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:55 PM

I couldn't even get the first fucking book!

#23 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:17 PM

i mostly ignored the post for the first book. what was the drama about? was it constant delays?

Yep.

Retail stores were getting the book in before Amazon and Amazon had canceled most orders about 4 months before the book came out, so people had to contact CS and explain it was the same item after Amazon put the book back up.

Posted Image

#24 Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:42 PM

In for more drama!

#25 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:09 PM

The first book was actually in my Gold Box the other day, so I placed an order (again). It was "In stock" and still says "In stock" yet it hasn't shipped. It's not even being prepared. Meanwhile, the other item on the same order is here already. Ridiculous.

#26 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:52 AM

I emailed Udon praising them for the VC Design Archive and asking some questions about the VC2 book and this is the response I got: The Valkyria 2 book will be the same binding, cover, and paper quality. It's 304 pages this time, and I'd say this focuses more on characters (less vehicles, weapons and environments, though there is still plenty of each). The overall text-to-art ratio is roughly the same.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#27 Dezaryn

Dezaryn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:05 AM

Sweet, down to $29.40 now - hoping it hits $23 like the last one. I'm in - here's to hoping it doesn't delay out past the expiration of my credit card.

#28 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:37 AM

I'll be sure to preorder this... When my copy of the first one finally arrives later this week!

3G' and Friends Group Lowball is now OVER!!! Thank you, and please remember to leave feedback!!! 

Get a PS4 or $375 Conga Line, proof of payouts to CAGs in OP!

#29 driver

driver

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:50 AM

My copy of the first one arrived today, naturally I preordered for the second game. Here's to waiting another year + some!
Live long and prosper.

#30 KaitouDark

KaitouDark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:52 AM

My copy of the first one arrived today, naturally I preordered for the second game. Here's to waiting another year + some!

Same I just got mine today, and just put a order for the 2nd one with prime.