Alice: Madness Returns $30 w/ Free Shipping

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 MetalMan

MetalMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:18 PM

EA insider deal, 50% makes it $30. Code should unlock shortly on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/EAInsiderDeals

Forgot to mention it won't unlock until 5PM PDT.

Edited by MetalMan, 04 August 2011 - 04:40 PM.

#2 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:19 PM

It's almost up to 400 likes. I already have the game but thanks, OP.

#3 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:23 PM

I clicked like on it but i just checked the review and it doesn't look like my kinda game.
Posted Image

#4 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:28 PM

This game is pretty awesome well from my experience. You can upgrade the weapons and it never goes away. Replaying the first stages just to upgrade your weapons is pretty cool. It's not a game for everyone but it's a game for me.

#5 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

Great deal but to bad im not really interested in this game at this time. Come on ea 50-60% off bulletstorm and/or crysis 2 please :)
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#6 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

thanks serra

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#7 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

I'm tempted I must say.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#8 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

I'm tempted I must say.

Same but I'll wait until it's $25 or less I think.

#9 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

Same but I'll wait until it's $25 or less I think.

Aye, I have a big backlog to get through right enough.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#10 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

it a beautiful game very frustrating level design Thu an waaay too long levels with very shitty jumps in every level, story don't make any sense , but i liked the game overall. it more of a rental then a buy, i paid full price but recently trade in too BB cause the 40% promo if you still going buy it 30 an below is not bad deal as their still 20$ trade in value

#11 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:27 PM

i'm still pissed EA voided all $20 off coupons. =(

#12 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:29 PM

I'll wait for this to go lower since they don't include the remastered first Alice anymore.

#13 MetalMan

MetalMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:36 PM

I'll wait for this to go lower since they don't include the remastered first Alice anymore.

What version has that? That is kind of a deal breaker.

edit: The site says otherwise.

Posted Image

#14 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:42 PM

They don't?!?

#15 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:46 PM

That's not right. I'm pretty sure that the first Alice is this game's "Project $10" to keep you from buying a used copy and it will be included with any new copy of the game. In either case, EA's store makes it very clear that the 360 and PS3 versions come with American McGee's Alice download.

http://store.origin....uctID=181737000

http://store.origin....uctID=181736900

decker%2001.jpg

#16 Backlash2332x

Backlash2332x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:53 PM

That's not right. I'm pretty sure that the first Alice is this game's "Project $10" to keep you from buying a used copy and it will be included with any new copy of the game. In either case, EA's store makes it very clear that the 360 and PS3 versions come with American McGee's Alice download.

That is correct. It's Alice's version of an online pass.

#17 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

I'm glad to see what I thought is true.

#18 Bubbamel

Bubbamel

Who ate my Reese's pieces?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:16 PM

I am actually interested in picking this up at this price point. Which version does everyone recommend?

#19 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

Would this be just for the PC, or any console? If it's 360/PS3 for $30, I'll bite (at least if it still includes the first game free). If it's just PC, I'll pass.

#20 MetalMan

MetalMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:33 PM

It should be for all platforms.

#21 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:35 PM

I am actually interested in picking this up at this price point. Which version does everyone recommend?

From what I've read, the PC version seems to be the best, but the 360 is the best of the console versions. 360 has a stable framerate and higher resolution textures/more detail, while the PS3 has slowdown + more screen tearing and lacks quite a bit of detail and texture resolution in some areas. I think I'll wait until this game hits $20. It was $35 two weeks after release at k-mart IIRC, so a $5 drop isn't much of a difference to me.

The only issue with the PC version is I don't think it comes with the first game like the console versions do.

#22 Bubbamel

Bubbamel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:53 PM

From what I've read, the PC version seems to be the best, but the 360 is the best of the console versions. 360 has a stable framerate and higher resolution textures/more detail, while the PS3 has slowdown + more screen tearing and lacks quite a bit of detail and texture resolution in some areas. I think I'll wait until this game hits $20. It was $35 two weeks after release at k-mart IIRC, so a $5 drop isn't much of a difference to me.

The only issue with the PC version is I don't think it comes with the first game like the console versions do.

Thanks for the info sunghost, my Xbox 360 has not gotten much gaming love as of late, so it will be nice to pick this up for the 360.

#23 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:57 PM

http://www.lensoftru...turns-analysis/

#24 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:58 PM

Ahh, forgot to clarify I'd be getting the PC version which doesn't come with the first Alice (it was only available as a preorder bonus).

#25 Bubbamel

Bubbamel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:11 PM

http://www.lensoftru...turns-analysis/

Totally forgot lens of truth....thanks proKoyeon.

#26 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

I picked up this game on release day from Amazon for $45. I was never able to play the first Alice on the PC so being bundle w/ the PS3 version was great. The controls can be rough at times on the first game. There are parts where you will be falling off platforms at times. The good thing about it is you can save at any time. I would advise this because you will get frustrated. I enjoyed the Alice even though the conversion from PC to PS3 wasn't the smoothest. Also save during boss battles it will help a lot.

When I finally got to Alice: Madness Returns I was extremely happy with the final product. Every game isn't perfect but from playing from the first game to the second was like night and day. I loved the more defined controls on Madness Returns. Well I would recommend picking this up and play them in order.

Excellent price for both games!

P.S.
Chapter 3 feels extremely long on Madness Returns.

#27 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:05 PM

Thanks OP. 30 was my price point for this game and I had been waiting for it to get there. Now I just need EA to do this for SOTD.

#28 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:16 PM

Yeah, I'm in for this.
Posted Image

#29 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:27 PM

Got a 20% n 25% off if anyone is interested.

#30 mxmarks

mxmarks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:29 PM

I am!