Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

Just saw this on New Egg:
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16878190270

#2 Moonlk

Moonlk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:45 PM

Wii selects title it seems to be on the horizon, yarr.

#3 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:45 PM

Getting ready for it to be a Nintendo Selects later this month.

EDIT: Actually this is the Nintendo Selects version.

Double EDIT: Other titles will be Punch-Out!!, Super Paper Mario, and Mario Strikers, for those who didn't know.

#4 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:47 PM

Saw this on gohastings, so I assumed this thread was the same thing. Better deal here.

#5 Shady Hombre

Shady Hombre

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

Definitely gonna grab Super Mario Galaxy and Punch-Out!!.

#6 hamiltito

hamiltito

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:53 PM

Does anyone know if the Nintendo Selects give you the same 50 Club Nintendo like the original releases?

#7 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

really tempted by this (owned it before but traded it in with my Wii a few years back), but I'm gonna hold off for now and hope its a permanent price drop. Awesome deal though OP!

#8 pippin

pippin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:24 PM

Does anyone know if the Nintendo Selects give you the same 50 Club Nintendo like the original releases?

When the first 4 Selects were released, they gave 50 points plus 10 bonus points for buying within the first 30 days.

They were also marked as separate from the original titles so you could get points even if you have the original game registered.

These should be the same way.

#9 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:27 PM

Just got Super Mario Galaxy 2 for $10 at a pawn shop. Might have to get the the original now.

#10 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:59 PM

Just got Super Mario Galaxy 2 for $10 at a pawn shop. Might have to get the the original now.

Both games are great, but the second is definitely better.

#11 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:01 PM

You should. Its better. SMG2 is just like "Oh look we had these leftover level ideas... Here they are! Oh and we'll double the game's length by making you go on a tedious scavenger hunt for green stars."

#12 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:11 PM

Wait so MSRP are deals now ?

Me teh confused

oh
:beer:
well
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#13 pippin

pippin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:19 PM

Wait so MSRP are deals now ?

Me teh confused

oh
well

Actually sometimes MSRP can be a good deal. Like when a price is drastically reduced, which is exactly what this is.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread, you were very helpful.

#14 Antipodes

Antipodes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:44 PM

Actually sometimes MSRP can be a good deal. Like when a price is drastically reduced, which is exactly what this is.

^

$40->$20 is a nice price drop and hits my price point. Don't care if it is a discount or the new MSRP. $20 for a great game is a deal to me.

CheapyD put an Amazon preorder link for the price-cut 3DS in one of the threads. Is that not ok too?

#15 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:55 PM

Am I the only one here who was disappointed in this game ? I acually enjoyed the hd ratchet and clank games more than the galaxy series. I never thought that I wouldn't like a 3d Mario game until I played this
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#16 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:59 PM

Am I the only one here who was disappointed in this game ? I acually enjoyed the hd ratchet and clank games more than the galaxy series. I never thought that I wouldn't like a 3d Mario game until I played this

Gotta disagree with you heavily on that one. This game was, well, out of this world. ;)

#17 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:03 PM

Wow, who pissed in your coffee this mornin' ?

Stay thirsty
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#18 KornKid91

KornKid91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:43 PM

I just got an email about Super Paper Mario dropping to $20 aswell

http://www.newegg.co...endo-_-78190269

#19 1NintendoFan

1NintendoFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:00 PM

I already have Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2... kind of wish I waited now since I haven't played them, but I did still get some decent deals. I'm most excited about Super Paper Mario, I just want to try and collect all the great Nintendo games, and I think that game looks awesome... my brother was actually going to buy it for me a few years ago during one of Amazon's promos where they had it for $20 and wasn't sure if I would like it, so he took it out of his cart :( I have been waiting since then to find it for that price, I knew waiting would pay off eventually :P

#20 pippin

pippin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:38 PM

The first time I started playing Galaxy, I wasn't crazy about it. I mainly got tired of always pointing at the screen to collect star bits, so I set the game down and didn't pick it back up for 2 or 3 years.

After reading countless reviews about how incredible it is and seeing it listed among the best games ever, I decided to give it another shot. Once I started playing it again, I was hooked.

I loved it so much that I bought SMG2 before I even finished it just so I wouldn't have to wait to get started on the sequel.

These games really are incredible and I think the definitely live up to the hype.

#21 Antipodes

Antipodes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:30 AM

I played a ton of games after getting back into gaming last year, and SMG2 stands out as my favorite, even over great games that won GOTYs from previous years. The game is fantastic and it is the first 3D platformer that I felt had better gameplay than 2D platformers. I played Super Meat Boy and DKCR last year too which were also amazing, but not quite as perfect.

I never got around to picking up SMG1 after that, mainly because I still had a big backlog and the near-MSRP price wasn't inviting for a game that has been out for awhile. I've been waiting for a price drop and $20 is perfect.

#22 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:33 AM

Still haven't even finished SMG2 yet...

#23 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:58 PM

Having a 2nd player point at the screen to gather starbits makes the game much more enjoyable... Getting all the green stars was an awesome way to involve Luigi!

#24 ROB64

ROB64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:04 PM

The first time I started playing Galaxy, I wasn't crazy about it. I mainly got tired of always pointing at the screen to collect star bits, so I set the game down and didn't pick it back up for 2 or 3 years.

After reading countless reviews about how incredible it is and seeing it listed among the best games ever, I decided to give it another shot. Once I started playing it again, I was hooked.

I loved it so much that I bought SMG2 before I even finished it just so I wouldn't have to wait to get started on the sequel.

These games really are incredible and I think the definitely live up to the hype.

I'm in the same boat. I got to the second dome and gave up because it just wasn't fun at the time. Picked it up about a year later and now it's easily in my top 5 list of games.
Posted Image

#25 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:04 PM

I can't think of this game without thinking of U R MR GAY

#26 EdgeOfThorns

EdgeOfThorns

God of RPGs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:50 PM

Great price on a great game, wish it was for SMG2 though since i still need to get that badboy!