Extra 10% Cash at CashForGamers.com or 17% w/ a Friend

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 gamecorner

gamecorner

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:10 AM

CashForGamers.com is giving 10% extra cash on all trade-ins now through September 1st with the coupon code YUGIOH. For those who are new to CashForGamers, they send you a box/envelope (depending on the size of your order) along with a prepaid shipping label if you sell $30 or more to them, so nothing comes out of your pocket. And obvious to the name they pay cash, not store credit.

Coupon Code for extra 10%: YUGIOH

They also have a "CashForGamers Referral Program". This is quoted from their blog:

"The CashForGamers Referral Program is an easy way to make quick cash! Here’s how it works,

1. Go to our website and fill out a contact us form with the subject reading “CashForGamers.com Referral Program”
2. We will then send you a personalized coupon code
3. Every time someone submits an order and applies your coupon code, you receive 7% of that customers order in cash!
4. Get creative! Spread the word on forums, make a T-Shirt, or simply just tell your friends and family!
This is a wonderful opportunity to make some quick cash! If you have any questions please go to our website CashForGamers.com and contact us. So go out there and Unlock the Power To Sell!"

http://www.cashforga...ferral-program/

So if you have a have a friend, you can both apply for the referral program and refer each other to the site. Then apply the coupon code to stack another 10%. 7% + 10% YUGIOH coupon = 17% Wooo!

#2 rainking187

rainking187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:33 AM

Anyone use them before? It seems like it would be faster than some other trade in sites, since I wouldn't have to ship across the country, and their trade in values aren't terrible either.

#3 gamecorner

gamecorner

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:41 AM

I've sold to them before. I wrote a review about my first experience on Gametz a couple of months ago. Here's a link to thread:

http://gametz.com/fo...425578.html#new

#4 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:57 AM

Seems like it's going to take longer since you wait for them to mail you the stuff, plus that probably eats into the money they can use to pay people. Their values didn't seem any better than gazelle.

#5 gamecorner

gamecorner

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:09 AM

Seems like it's going to take longer since you wait for them to mail you the stuff, plus that probably eats into the money they can use to pay people. Their values didn't seem any better than gazelle.

Well, i don't see how it's a bad thing that they'll give you the shipping supplies (which can get pricey for the customer), but they give you a variety of options to choose from. You can choose to just receive the prepaid shipping label via email, or just ship the games yourself. As for gazelle, I remember being really nitpicky about the prices before I first sold to them and compared them to a lot of competition (including gazelle). For example, I sold Clock Tower 3 for PS2 (as stated in my Gametz thread) and here were the comparison prices:

CFG - $3.10
Gazelle - $1.80
Gamestop - lol

And that's not including the CFG coupon code.

#6 rainking187

rainking187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:11 AM

I looked up a few different games, and they all had higher trade in values than Gazelle. Do they ship you the shipping label too? I was hoping I could just print that out and use my own box. I remember the first time I got a box from Gazelle, it took several days to get here, and when it showed up it wasn't anywhere near large enough to hold all the stuff I was trading in. Really rather just get my own box.

EDIT: Seems like they don't accept PSP games for whatever reason though. Hmm.

#7 gamecorner

gamecorner

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:20 AM

I looked up a few different games, and they all had higher trade in values than Gazelle. Do they ship you the shipping label too? I was hoping I could just print that out and use my own box. I remember the first time I got a box from Gazelle, it took several days to get here, and when it showed up it wasn't anywhere near large enough to hold all the stuff I was trading in. Really rather just get my own box.

EDIT: Seems like they don't accept PSP games for whatever reason though. Hmm.

Yeah, I never figured why they didn't buy back PSP games =/. As for the shipping process, you can choose how you want to ship your games on the checkout page. It'll show up like this:

"1. Free Prepaid Shipping (We send you the shipping supplies along with a prepaid label.)
2. Free Prepaid Shipping without Supplies (Package and send the games yourself to get your cash faster! A prepaid label will be emailed to you within 24 hours.)
3. Ship It Yourself! (Package and ship the games yourself. The bill is on you but you get your cash faster!)"

#8 rainking187

rainking187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:13 PM

Sorry to bump this, but how long does this generally take? According to the tracking info it was delivered on Friday and I haven't even recieved any email telling me they've gotten my stuff yet. Got to say it's not going as quickly as I'd hoped, I sent the games out last Monday and they weren't delivered until Friday. Seems like I was wrong about them being faster than Gazelle.

#9 Vanacloud

Vanacloud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:44 PM

^ Im on the same boat as you, Glad Im not the only one having trouble with them... Sent the games Last monday, they received it on 8/20, and today, 8/24, I got nothing as well.. I even sent them 2 emails and nothing... did they all left? lol

#10 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:05 PM

So this is just some guy operating out of his house right? I could see things getting out of control quickly...

#11 TwistedOrange

TwistedOrange

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:09 PM

Amazon still beats them by 10%+ on a lot of games...

#12 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:11 PM

Amazon still beats them by 10%+ on a lot of games...

True, but amazon isn't giving you cash. And amazon has a two per item limit, whereas this site takes 10 of any title.

#13 rainking187

rainking187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:38 PM

^ Im on the same boat as you, Glad Im not the only one having trouble with them... Sent the games Last monday, they received it on 8/20, and today, 8/24, I got nothing as well.. I even sent them 2 emails and nothing... did they all left? lol

Ah they aren't responding to emails either? I told myself I'd send them an email today if they didn't at least let me know they'd recieved the games, and I did, but I'm wondering if that was pointless now.

#14 Vanacloud

Vanacloud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:35 AM

I dunno what happened... but for a new company that does this line of business, they should just shut down the entire business to save there rep

#15 Vanacloud

Vanacloud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:06 PM

UPDATE:
So the dude finally emailed me and he said he sent a check already.. which made me go wtf? No status updates via the main site and I specifically requested Paypal payment... So far this is a pretty bad experience.

Update 2: I recieved the check... I guess they really are legit

Edited by Vanacloud, 25 August 2011 - 04:35 PM.

#16 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:10 PM

For a second I thought it was for selling yugioh cards as well. Might check em out.

#17 rainking187

rainking187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:12 PM

I got my Paypal payment as well today, and they also sent me a code for an additional 15% on my next trade in. I think I'll probably use them again.

#18 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:54 PM

For those of you who got paid for trading in your games, how much were you paid? I have a whole bunch of PS1 games that I'd like to get rid of, and based on the TIVs, I could be getting $200-$300. Thanks in advance.

#19 Vanacloud

Vanacloud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:32 AM

I got my Paypal payment as well today, and they also sent me a code for an additional 15% on my next trade in. I think I'll probably use them again.

You got a additional code O_o, that guy didnt send me any code

#20 Vanacloud

Vanacloud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:33 AM

For those of you who got paid for trading in your games, how much were you paid? I have a whole bunch of PS1 games that I'd like to get rid of, and based on the TIVs, I could be getting $200-$300. Thanks in advance.

Traded in 7 old games mix ps1 / gameboy and super snes.. 38 bucks total. But this time i put in 11 games, total of 136. Mostly snes and 3 n64 games

#21 gamecorner

gamecorner

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:54 AM

Why did you get a coupon code? And can anyone use this code?

#22 rainking187

rainking187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:15 AM

He said it could be used once. And I got it because I emailed them asking how long it took to check out the games and he said they were backed up this week and gave me the code.

#23 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:06 PM

You got a additional code O_o, that guy didnt send me any code

Thanks for the info! I'm going to try my luck with this company in the next few days, and I'll let you all know how it goes.

#24 gamecorner

gamecorner

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:06 PM

He said it could be used once. And I got it because I emailed them asking how long it took to check out the games and he said they were backed up this week and gave me the code.

Bahh I wish I had that, I just submitted an order.

Bloody Roar 4
Atelier Iris 2
Gallop Racer 2006
Gallop Racer 2004
Steambot Chronicles
Blood Will Tell
Kuon
Naval Ops Commander

Picked these up for $29.40 from Gamestop's B2G2 PS2 games sale. Just submitted them to CFG for $73.25. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

#25 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:45 PM

I submitted a trade on Saturday (8/27) amounting to $223 for some old PS1 games I had sitting around. I didn't want to do the ebay or Craigslist thing, so I was glad to find this thread and hear that people had been paid. I got my shipping supplies yesterday and shipped out my games this morning.

When I originally submitted my trade, I used the coupon code mentioned in the thread title. However, the coupon wasn't applied to my trade, so I emailed CashForGamers this morning about this. I got a response within a couple of hours, and I was very happy to find that CFG had adjusted my invoice for the extra 10%. Now, I'm expecting to get paid $246.

At any rate, it's looking good so far. I'll let you guys know how the rest of it goes. CFG is located in North Cali, and since I live in SoCal, I expect CFG to get my games by Saturday or Monday. Hopefully, the payment comes soon after...

#26 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:37 AM

Is the 10% code still good today?

#27 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:40 PM

Is the 10% code still good today?

I believe the code was good through yesterday. You can always send CFG an email and see if they will give you the extra 10%.

On a different note, for those who already traded in to CFG and had them send the shipping supplies to you, where is the tracking ID? I kept the merchandise return mailing acknowledgement, and I'm assuming the package ID is the tracking ID. However, USPS has 20 digit tracking IDs, but my package ID has 22 numbers. I'm not sure if the last 2 digits don't count. Anyway, I'd appreciate it if someone could clarify this for me. Thanks!

#28 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:10 PM

I believe the code was good through yesterday. You can always send CFG an email and see if they will give you the extra 10%.

On a different note, for those who already traded in to CFG and had them send the shipping supplies to you, where is the tracking ID? I kept the merchandise return mailing acknowledgement, and I'm assuming the package ID is the tracking ID. However, USPS has 20 digit tracking IDs, but my package ID has 22 numbers. I'm not sure if the last 2 digits don't count. Anyway, I'd appreciate it if someone could clarify this for me. Thanks!

I was thinking it was good that day too. Oh well. Not going to really worry about it. As long as they come through overall, it's all good.

#29 gamecorner

gamecorner

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:11 AM

Just got my check today!

#30 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

Just got my check today!

Nice! I should be getting paid soon as well since I submitted my order the day after you did.