43 replies to this topic

#1 MisterBee

MisterBee

Slave To DOTA2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:05 PM

Its Coming August 21st for $14.99

Big OT Update Coming Soon

Edited by MisterBee, 21 June 2012 - 12:41 AM.

PSN Trophies:
Spoiler

SteamCard:
Spoiler

#2 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:13 PM

Jess Cliffe, one of the original creators of Counter-Strike, was seen posting on the SteamPowered forums, saying "Global Offensive."

Rumors:
  • Planned to be released Q1 2012
  • Focuses on 5v5 competition
  • Press release within 24 hours from VALVe - Confirmed
  • Plays on an updated source engine
  • Individual & Team rankings
  • New Guns added
  • New Grenades
  • Dust & Aztec major revamp
  • Spamming still viable
  • Ammo is free

Source

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#3 pLaYeRiTo

pLaYeRiTo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:39 AM

totally didnt see this lol. sorry mister bee
[URL="http://i44.tinypic.com/xbjv54.png"][/URL]

#4 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:05 PM

Honestly I liked CoD 4 better than Counterstrike but CoD hasn't impressed me as much since. I'll definitely keep an eye on this.

PaulManda.png

#5 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

Honestly I liked CoD 4 better than Counterstrike but CoD hasn't impressed me as much since. I'll definitely keep an eye on this.

Posted Image

i have gone back to 1.6 recently and i can not wait for this

even though it is 5v5 but i hope they can raise that...

#6 GTmaster39

GTmaster39

Wes Wes Ya'll

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:29 AM

Want!
Posted Image
Support NGAME.TV / Made a permanent switch to Ubuntu...Feels Good Man.

#7 MisterBee

MisterBee

Slave To DOTA2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:21 PM

ESLtv's Joe Miller who went to Valve and saw the game hosted a show about what he saw.

#8 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:56 PM

Cross-platform play for PS3-PC-Mac players!

PS3, Mac and PC players will be match-made against each other, clumped by skill, regardless of input device or platform.

Sweet...

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#9 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:34 AM

cool beans

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#10 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:40 AM

Im not big on CS, but I may try this because of the KB+M support. I still find it odd that so many PC ports don't have KB+M support when they make it to the PS3.

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#11 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:49 AM

It'd be awesome if they had a PC voucher in there too.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#12 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:03 AM

It'd be awesome if they had a PC voucher in there too.

If youre referring to something similar to the Portal 2 offer, then I believe they are offering the same thing.

"I was perfect....

#13 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:40 AM

If youre referring to something similar to the Portal 2 offer, then I believe they are offering the same thing.

sorry guys digital downloads only for the consoles and pc. Its in the first post:wave:

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#14 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:55 AM

sorry guys digital downloads only for the consoles and pc. Its in the first post:wave:

You are correct. It says it will be a digital download, but digital downloads can come with codes to, which is what we are talking about.As this will utilize Steam Works just like Portal 2, I don't see any reason that they can't package the PC and PS3 versions together. I mean look at Steam Play, you buy a digital version on PC or Mac and you get the other platform free. Is there a particular reason you think this will operate differently?

"I was perfect....

#15 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

I mean Portal 2 it made sense to do that, because half of the game was co-op and you needed another person. I hope they do that again.

Honestly Portal 2 wasn't worth $60 (even with $20 credit) IMO, just not enough of a game. Getting 2 copies made it kinda worth it.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#16 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

This was just shown off on the PS Blog's E3 stream and it looked pretty good. They announced that it'll be out on August 21 for $14.99.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#17 Gorilla Gravy

Gorilla Gravy

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:59 AM

I want to try this but as a console gamer I've been screwed over by Valve a few too many times.

Not patching the console version of TF2 and leaving it a broken mess, some really lackluster DLC for the Left 4 Dead games, etc.

They release this, patch it a few times, then completely abandon it like they always do.

#18 MisterBee

MisterBee

Slave To DOTA2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

The game is getting a PS+ discount to 11.99 during the preorder phase (1 week before the game launches) and the week following release. If you preorder the game you also get a free PS3 theme.

Also here is a little preview of my OP:
Posted Image
Spoiler

PSN Trophies:
Spoiler

SteamCard:
Spoiler

#19 MisterBee

MisterBee

Slave To DOTA2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

The game is out!

A few observations based on 2 hours or so of play:
1. The full open mics during classic casual kind of suck, I was hoping to use it as a training ground for anyone not used to playing CS, the simplicity of not worrying about buying armor/defuse kit plus no friendly fire make it easier to start for new players.
2. There needs to be more hostage maps, Italy is a hugely T sided map, and while Office is a classic, its just not enough.
3. There is some autoaim, I only really noticed it once or twice.
4. Default control scheme sucks for anyone used to playing CS on a keyboard, not having quick switch assigned to anything is just criminal.

I will hopefully get the OP up tomorrow, I have all the pictures I want to use, just need to type it all up.

There doesn't seem to be any sort of clan system right now (not sure if one will be implemented or not), but if people want to play, send me a friend request, PSN ID is in under my name.
PSN Trophies:
Spoiler

SteamCard:
Spoiler

#20 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:55 AM

The game is out!

A few observations based on 2 hours or so of play:
1. The full open mics during classic casual kind of suck, I was hoping to use it as a training ground for anyone not used to playing CS, the simplicity of not worrying about buying armor/defuse kit plus no friendly fire make it easier to start for new players.
2. There needs to be more hostage maps, Italy is a hugely T sided map, and while Office is a classic, its just not enough.
3. There is some autoaim, I only really noticed it once or twice.
4. Default control scheme sucks for anyone used to playing CS on a keyboard, not having quick switch assigned to anything is just criminal.

I will hopefully get the OP up tomorrow, I have all the pictures I want to use, just need to type it all up.

There doesn't seem to be any sort of clan system right now (not sure if one will be implemented or not), but if people want to play, send me a friend request, PSN ID is in under my name.

Are you playing on a controller or M&K? I am interested in getting this, but the way my tv in my room is set up I won't be able to play with a M&K.

Miami_13.png

Go Dolphins!

#21 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:47 AM

I'm loving it so far as well. Feel free to add me for some games.

Anyone else have the game freeze on them?

#22 Ryan_gf

Ryan_gf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:44 AM

Does this title have Steamworks integration ala Portal 2 on the PS3?

#23 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

Feel free to add me for this game. Haven't played it yet, but looking to in the next few days.

#24 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

Does this title have Steamworks integration ala Portal 2 on the PS3?

Yes it does and it's a nice touch-though I'm not exactly sure what the direct benefit is. Anyone care to clarify?

#25 Schuey

Schuey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

i've been waiting for this game for a long time. i'm not fortunate enough to have a pc that can handle games, so i'm glad i finally have a console version of this to play.

i'm really having fun with it. controls are kind of awkward, but you get used to them. having only played casual, i have to agree that not having team chat sucks. also, at least on psn, there are many matches where the complete enemy team is bots. that sucks when that happens. all in all, it's a really addictive game, that is actually challeneging. i really hope it becomes popular outside of the pc/steam realm.

speaking of which, is there cross-play or is that a rumor. i'm assuming there would be as the online is powered by steam.

#26 Ryan_gf

Ryan_gf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

Cross play between the ps3 and pc was announced and then cancelled. The explanation given was the difficulty this would present with patching, where pc players would have to wait for all patches to go thru sonys certification process, so they could launch in tandem. Honestly though, you dont want to get worked by guys whove been playing CS for years on pc.

And the Steamworks integration is more a novelty at this time, allowing youto access your Steam account and friend list from in game. However, this integration bodes well for futur downloadable content being made available for ps3. People still have hope that mods may be supported in some capacity someday.

#27 Schuey

Schuey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

yeah, i def don't want to go against vets when i've played the game for two days haha.

#28 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

Recoil is non-existent on console version, so I don't see how cross play could have worked out. People playing completely different games, really.

UjCoyFa.png

#29 KB24

KB24

Strong Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

Cross play between the ps3 and pc was announced and then cancelled. The explanation given was the difficulty this would present with patching, where pc players would have to wait for all patches to go thru sonys certification process, so they could launch in tandem. Honestly though, you dont want to get worked by guys whove been playing CS for years on pc.

And the Steamworks integration is more a novelty at this time, allowing youto access your Steam account and friend list from in game. However, this integration bodes well for futur downloadable content being made available for ps3. People still have hope that mods may be supported in some capacity someday.

Wouldn't be fair for console gamers either since M&K is far quicker and accurate then the controller.

5r8h3bp.gif

578ad03c0ad2df0fd38c01d22c5f5d88_0cdf051

#30 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

Wouldn't be fair for console gamers either since M&K is far quicker and accurate then the controller.

You can play with mouse and keyboard on either platform.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4