Photo
- - - - -

Anime Sale on DVDs and Blu-rays @ Amazon - Ends September 26

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

The Anime titles on sale are part Amazon's larger Fall TV Event Sale.

Here is the full list,

http://www.amazon.co...4011&sort=price

Titles includes DBZ Kai, FMA Brotherhood, and Yu Yu Hakusho for blu-rays, and DVD titles are kind of random and abundant, so take a look if you're interested.

DBZ Kai Part One $15.99
DBZ Kai Part Two $15.99
DBZ Kai Part Three $15.99
DBZ Kai Part Four $15.49
DBZ Kai Part Five $16.99
FMA Brotherhood Part One $23.99
FMA Brotherhood Part Two $23.49
FMA Brotherhood Part Three $24.49
FMA Brotherhood Part Four $24.49
FMA Brotherhood Part Five $24.99
Yu Yu Hakusho Season One $20.99
Yu Yu Hakusho Season Two $20.99

Edited by Squarehard, 01 September 2011 - 04:42 PM.

#2 Ecofreak

Ecofreak

That's Ah Bingo!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:03 PM

Full Metal Panic FUMOFFU for $19?! Soooo tempted.....
[thread=49233]Trade List[/thread]

#3 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:55 PM

It looks like some hold overs from the last big sale they had along with a couple of new faces (X, Spice and Wolf, etc) At $22, if you haven't bought it yet, I would encourage you to look into Chrono Crusade.

Even though I haven't heard very many good things about the Blu-ray version, I will once again throw my money at Funimation and pick up Season 1 of Spice and Wolf. Hopefully TRSI will cancel my $30 pre-order so that I'm not out any more than I have to be.

#4 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:13 PM

Thinking of picking up FMP! complete series on blu, would anyone recommend it?

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#5 HunteR7411

HunteR7411

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:37 PM

The show or the Blu transfer? I really enjoyed the show on dvd. the second season is more serious than the first one in terms of action and people actually dying.

#6 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:00 PM

The show or the Blu transfer? I really enjoyed the show on dvd. the second season is more serious than the first one in terms of action and people actually dying.

The show itself. I'm looking for more anime to get into, this piqued my interest the most of the titles that are currently on sale on blu.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#7 HunteR7411

HunteR7411

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:22 PM

The show itself. I'm looking for more anime to get into, this piqued my interest the most of the titles that are currently on sale on blu.

I think the series is really good. I love giant fighting robots anime and this pretty much fits the bill. FUMOFFU is absolutely hysterical and then the "2nd" season is serious again.

#8 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:26 PM

I think the series is really good. I love giant fighting robots anime and this pretty much fits the bill. FUMOFFU is absolutely hysterical and then the "2nd" season is serious again.

Sounds good, thanks for the info. I'll most likely be picking it up.

#9 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:36 PM

Ugh, I guess it was too much to hope that Gungrave was going to be on the list. It is only a couple weeks old...
Would have liked to have seen Ikki Tousen: Dragon Destiny on sale too. Just watched the first set and loved it but now I want more.

#10 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:42 AM

Tempted to get Spice and Wolf Season 2, but it'll just show up on Netflix soon anyways.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#11 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:36 AM

Ugh, I guess it was too much to hope that Gungrave was going to be on the list. It is only a couple weeks old...

It's been out for like a month, but it is still only a month old. ;P

I've been waiting for a drop on it meself.

#12 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:06 AM

The series is awesome. Easily in my top 5 anime of all time i have seen. However, the Blu-ray is just an upconvert.

#13 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:15 AM

The second raid is not the second series, Fumoffu is. Also, FMP is awesome
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#14 shiny_dante

shiny_dante

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:18 AM

My Bride is a Mermaid is extremely tempting, I just wish it wasn't split into two parts, but will definetly get at least the first season of Spice and Wolf

#15 Tigershard

Tigershard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:29 PM

Thanks, OP! Grabbed the Heroic Age S.A.V.E. blu-ray for $15!

#16 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:42 PM

Full Metal Panic S1 is mediocre.
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu is one of the funniest things ever, but you'll miss out on the fun if you don't watch S1.
Full Metal Panic Second Raid (S2) is a legitimately good anime, but again, you need to watch the mediocre S1.

#17 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:11 PM

Full Metal Panic Fumoffu is one of the funniest things ever, but you'll miss out on the fun if you don't watch S1.
Full Metal Panic Second Raid (S2) is a legitimately good anime, but again, you need to watch the mediocre S1.

I agree with this. The first season has its moments, but compared to Fumoffu and Second Raid, it's a bit of a slog.
Posted Image

#18 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:11 PM

Tempted to get Spice and Wolf Season 2, but it'll just show up on Netflix soon anyways.

How was the 1st season?

Would you recommend Spice and Wolf?

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#19 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:29 PM

They aren't technically part of the sale, but the complete series sets (Blu-ray & DVD) for Samurai Champloo are at pretty low prices, though the Blu-ray was more than $2 cheaper a few weeks ago: $25.49 and $22.99, respectively.

Blu-ray: http://www.amazon.co...13512019&sr=1-1

DVD: http://www.amazon.co...13512019&sr=1-2

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/13]: :vita: Limbo (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#20 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

I just noticed that the Fairy Tail Part 1 DVD/Blu-ray combo pack is also a part of this sale. It's not listed in their list of on-sale items, but it's heavily discounted nonetheless -- it's $28.99. It doesn't even come out until November 22, so I doubt it will get any cheaper any time soon. Also, even if you waited for the next Funimation sale at Right Stuf -- which should be soon actually -- the cheapest it would be is $29.70 with a Got Anime membership.

I'm buying it since I love the show. The first couple episodes and the first arc are kind of a slog, but the show becomes amazing during the second arc, the Galuna Island arc, which starts at episode 11, and the show hasn't stopped being awesome ever since -- it's up to 94 episodes now.

www.amazon.com/Fairy-Tail-Part-1-Blu-ray/dp/B005HVWW8U/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1314645177&sr=1-1

#21 moon1970

moon1970

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:15 PM

i prefer the first s1 full metal i watch 2 time ;)

#22 Broseph

Broseph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:39 PM

Birdy the Mighty - wow. I used to love that show. If you could call it a show. My memory is fuzzy but I wanna say it was just a short OVA with no real conclusion or anything. I had it on something called a "VHS" cassette.

What's the consensus on the new Birdy the Mighty series/thing?

#23 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:37 PM

Most of these blu-rays/DVDs have been on sale for a while on Amazon.

Shhh, Bandai Entertainment had good deals on their site yesterday, but I didn't check today to see if they are still going on.
Posted Image

#24 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:40 PM

I just noticed that the Fairy Tail Part 1 DVD/Blu-ray combo pack is also a part of this sale. It's not listed in their list of on-sale items, but it's heavily discounted nonetheless -- it's $28.99. It doesn't even come out until November 22, so I doubt it will get any cheaper any time soon. Also, even if you waited for the next Funimation sale at Right Stuf -- which should be soon actually -- the cheapest it would be is $29.70 with a Got Anime membership.

I'm buying it since I love the show. The first couple episodes and the first arc are kind of a slog, but the show becomes amazing during the second arc, the Galuna Island arc, which starts at episode 11, and the show hasn't stopped being awesome ever since -- it's up to 94 episodes now.

www.amazon.com/Fairy-Tail-Part-1-Blu-ray/dp/B005HVWW8U/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1314645177&sr=1-1

Fairy Tail Part 1 decreased from $28.99 to $27.99. Don't miss out on it!

#25 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:50 PM

I will go ahead and preorder it.
Posted Image

#26 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:30 AM

How is Basilisk?

#27 killa5k7

killa5k7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:08 AM

How is Basilisk?

Took me several times to start(kept falling asleep) Me and wife finished in a matter of days, we both enjoyed it. Slow start, then really good, HORRIBLE ending..but what else is new. I found it enjoyable and I picked it up SUPER cheap. So it was worth it to me.

#28 Shinpachi

Shinpachi

Limited Blades Work

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:42 AM

Took me several times to start(kept falling asleep) Me and wife finished in a matter of days, we both enjoyed it. Slow start, then really good, HORRIBLE ending..but what else is new. I found it enjoyable and I picked it up SUPER cheap. So it was worth it to me.

For a second opinion, I liked the ending. Can't see myself watching it again though, it could've been half the length it was I'm sure.

#29 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:13 PM

I'm tempted, but could you recommend Fairy Tail to someone who enjoys the higher-quality/semi-obscure type of anime (e.g. Code Geass, Moribito, Gankutsuou, Paranoia Agent, Gurren Lagann)? I've recently decided that mainstream shonen anime is pretty boring (notably Bleach and Naruto), so if Fairy Tail is in the same vein(s) as those series, I might not be interested...

I'm also a bit tightfisted when it comes to buying anime sets--I'm used to paying under $30 for an entire series rather than for 12 episodes. Might there possibly be a bigger Fairy Tail collection down the road, similarly to how Soul Eater got the Meister and Weapon Collections?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/13]: :vita: Limbo (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#30 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:20 PM

Next sale incoming, but not announced by Amazon yet, so don't have an official link to sale page just yet.