#1 thenurseryan

thenurseryan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:06 PM

Posted Image
http://www.gamestop....champions/78151

got this in an email today.

Edited by CheapyD, 22 August 2011 - 01:54 AM.

#2 mrwogs2

mrwogs2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:10 PM

sweet thanks.

#3 midnightexpress

midnightexpress

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:28 PM

You should note that it's a used version.

#4 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:47 PM

well the ad does say in big bold letters "PRE-OWNED VALUE"

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#5 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:58 PM

OOS online, but here is the link to locate it

http://www.gamestop....champions/78151

CBrownsT10.png

#6 mariska

mariska

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:09 PM

The game can typically be found for less money on ebay. No tax, or shipping and handling costs. Win. Its also cheaper on Glyde.com at the moment as well. Pass on Gamestop's "deal".

#7 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:11 PM

This would be a decent flip on Goozex. The problem is, either nobody wants it or everyone has it.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#8 thenurseryan

thenurseryan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:19 PM

The game can typically be found for less money on ebay. No tax, or shipping and handling costs. Win. Its also cheaper on Glyde.com at the moment as well. Pass on Gamestop's "deal".

This is true... However if your looking for a retail local pick up its not bad. I bought my PlayStation Move on ebay. It came with 2 move controllers, camera, and Eyepet and Start the Party for 82 bucks. Always wanted to get this but haven't found a price under $10 to pick up from a store. Best price i saw so far was @ blockbuster for $14.99.

#9 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:29 PM

Really? In the past five days, only ONE auction on ebay has ended with the total price being less than Gamestop's. I don't know where the "no shipping and handling costs" comes into play because that's a factor on EVERY auction. Buying it from Gamestop means you get it instantaneously and not have to wait nearly a week for it to come in, you can look at the game before you buy it, and you have a week-long return period and 30-day replacement guarantee. Good luck getting those on ebay (at least without having to spend money to ship it back).

Ebay rarely has deals, and this is one that is surely better at Gamestop. Go complain somewhere else.

#10 PCWONK

PCWONK

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

Then why not start a thread and post where you can get these deals? Rather than hijacking someone elses thread and being an ass. Just a thought..

#11 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:33 PM

I went to the gamestop web site and found sports champions for $6.99 but upon further inspection it says not available online so I use the locater and whatever store I choose it says $9.99. WTH?? It says 6.99 but not online but also not in stores? This makes no sense.

That's odd. I just noticed this myself. I checked to make sure it's not an "online-only" deal, the email even says "online and in-stores". I suppose the store price hasn't changed yet. I'm sure they'll fix it for you if you just show them the ad.

#12 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:37 PM

Thanks Op. I think I might pick this up. Have an unopened socom full deployment bundle that this will compliment nicely.

#13 mrwogs2

mrwogs2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

Just picked it up at GS, with manual, mint condition. Thanks again!

#14 thenurseryan

thenurseryan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:50 PM

Called 3 local gamestops and they said it was $6.99 and they had copys of the game. Ill go this afternoon and pick one up myself.

#15 thenurseryan

thenurseryan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

Just picked it up at GS, with manual, mint condition. Thanks again!

No Problem. :D

#16 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:49 PM

oh wow. this is even better than kung fu rider for $5 during the toys r us clearance sale last week. i'm still enjoying kung fu rider but i'll pick this up as well. glad that i cancelled my $30 no more heroes order. i'll wait until that drops to $20.

#17 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:00 PM

i guess this is a deal, but it's been this price for months... i was flippn these bout2 months ago/// thnx tho

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#18 thenurseryan

thenurseryan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:11 PM

Im wondering if I should cash in some of my powerup rewards points for this and get the $5.00 off preowned for 4000 points bringing it down to a $1.99. Does anyone know if they have restrictions on using the coupon on sales? Do you also think I should just hold onto the points for something else?

#19 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

Im wondering if I should cash in some of my powerup rewards points for this and get the $5.00 off preowned for 4000 points bringing it down to a $1.99. Does anyone know if they have restrictions on using the coupon on sales? Do you also think I should just hold onto the points for something else?

I'm pretty sure you can use that coupon on sale items. I'd say this game is definitely worth $2. A few of the games are pretty cool. My buddy and I have logged a shit load of hours playing bocce ball and frisbee golf

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

#20 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:17 PM

Not sure if people know this but I just found out not too long ago that AMZ sell GS giftcards, so if you have credit there just flip it from one place to another. They also have target ones as well too bad no BB though.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_18?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=gamestop+gift+card&sprefix=gamestop+gift+card

#21 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:19 PM

Not sure if people know this but I just found out not too long ago that AMZ sell GS giftcards, so if you have credit there just flip it from one place to another. They also have target ones as well too bad no BB though.
http://www.amazon.co...estop gift card

They're sold by third party sellers, not Amazon.

#22 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:21 PM

too bad I don't own a Move yet

#23 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:26 PM

I'm pretty sure you can use that coupon on sale items. I'd say this game is definitely worth $2. A few of the games are pretty cool. My buddy and I have logged a shit load of hours playing bocce ball and frisbee golf

Bocce Ball is definately the best part of Sports Champions.

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:ps3: Batman: Arkham City

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Adventure Time: Hey Ice King Why'd You Steal Our Garbage

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#24 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:27 PM

They're sold by third party sellers, not Amazon.

don't they accept AMZ credit?

#25 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:44 PM

I concur with that statement. My friend and I have logged countless hours into the Volleyball game.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#26 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:10 PM

don't they accept AMZ credit?

Actually, yeah. I thought amazon gift cards were only good for products shipped and sold by Amazon, but I was wrong. It also works for third party sellers.

Amazon "promotional credit" only works for items shipped and sold by Amazon. I was confusing the two.

However, gift cards cannot be used to purchase gift cards. So either way, it doesn't work.

#27 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:57 PM

how much is a used Move controller at Gamestop?

it's not listed on the site

#28 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:00 PM

how much is a used Move controller at Gamestop?

it's not listed on the site

I want to say its about $44 dollars

EDIT- ok I just checked my receipt for a month or so back, $44.95/ $40.49 with PUR (preowned)

87688.png

#29 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:02 PM

Based on Gamestop's pricing, they're probably $45, since a new one is $50 and their pre-owned is usually 10% off new price.

#30 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:11 PM

I don't think move has been nearly the success that Kinect has been and most titles have been similar to Wii games. Personally, I wouldn't even bother buying anything move related. I'm sure that in a year or two when PS4 comes out, this thing will be clearanced out for next to nothing.