Buy a select AMD Radeon HD GPU, get Deus Ex HR on Steam free

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 bluem00se

bluem00se

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:45 AM

If you were interested in building a gaming PC for the upcoming gaming season (or upgrading), this is a pretty decent promo. I just ordered all my parts on Amazon and got the DiRT 3 edition 6950 (which is now shipping in 1-4 weeks due to the promo I think). Anyways, didn't see this posted anywhere, I never post deals and I thought this was a decent one!

EDIT: wow forgot to post a link. Sorry, here it is

http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=B0055Y66A4

Edited by bluem00se, 25 August 2011 - 06:10 AM.

#2 ferrari91169

ferrari91169

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:00 AM

It appears you can get an XFX HD 6850 at Newegg with Deus Ex HR, and Dirt 3 included. Not sure if this holds true for the XFX HD 6850 on Amazon as well, but it might. Also not sure if there's any other cards that offer it...I'd assume any XFX card would offer it.

XFX HD 6850 - Newegg - $159.99

I'd have to say if you're looking for an upgrade, it's not a bad deal. Especially if you submit the rebate and get an additional $20 back. Then you're paying $139.99 total, and getting a new game that retails for $50 still, and another game that retails around ($25?) I think. So if you actually want the games, You'd end up paying $70 for the card in the long run. Not a bad deal at all.

#3 lito88

lito88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:13 AM

Nice.

#4 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:21 AM

how does the 6850 compare to the 5850?
pretty nice deal though

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#5 ferrari91169

ferrari91169

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:09 AM

pretty nice deal though

The 5850 is actually a tad better than the 6850, but not by too much. 6850 uses less power, and can overclock a bit better than the 5850, but if you're keeping it at stock, the 5850 would give slightly better performance.

#6 dafunkk12

dafunkk12

Coconut Monkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:39 AM

pretty nice deal though

6000 series is more power-efficient and supports DX11 features better than 5000 series. (Also better Blu-ray & 3D support.) For DX9 games, though, 5000 series will perform faster. So the question is more frames now or better feature support later?
Posted Image
|Inspection 12 -- The Best Band You'll Never Hear|
My Game Collection (not at all complete and hardly updated)

#7 Midori Monkey

Midori Monkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:12 AM

There is a bundle that actually includes Shogun, DE HR, and Dirt 3 (some report the Dirt 3 codes are OOS online tho) plus a $30 MIB

http://www.newegg.co...st=Combo.701843

When you add it to cart you see a coupon for DE HR too.

MidoriMonkey.png

#8 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:41 PM

There is a bundle that actually includes Shogun, DE HR, and Dirt 3 (some report the Dirt 3 codes are OOS online tho) plus a $30 MIB

http://www.newegg.co...st=Combo.701843

When you add it to cart you see a coupon for DE HR too.

wth. this is getting ridiculous.

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#9 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:44 PM

Every time I see it spelled this way, I wonder why they called the game "Deus Ex Human Resources"
FadeToOne.png

#10 NEP

NEP

Oogaboogabooga

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:53 PM

Too bad most of those cards aren't even in stock on amazon, or will take a month to ship.

#11 Hudson187

Hudson187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:12 PM

This kinda sucks. I just bought 4 XFX 6870 cards (two for me, two for a buddy of mine) a few weeks ago (seriously, like 2 weeks ago) and only got MIR of $30 for each card. I did buy DE:HR on GMG when the promo was on, but still would have been nice to get a few extra copies for friends. DAMN YOU PROMOS!!

::Edit:: I'm going to email Amazon and see if they will hook me up with the promo. Wish me luck.

#12 pishowda

pishowda

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:53 PM

well I literally JUST got my custom made PC from tigerdirect in the mail today, and I ordered a "place-holder" video card - something for 50 bucks to get me through til I have enough for a more expensive card.

I'm REALLY glad I waited to get a nicer card. thanks for the links guys =) =)

#13 EeveeFanboy

EeveeFanboy

Likes Eevee too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:44 PM

It appears you can get an XFX HD 6850 at Newegg with Deus Ex HR, and Dirt 3 included. Not sure if this holds true for the XFX HD 6850 on Amazon as well, but it might. Also not sure if there's any other cards that offer it...I'd assume any XFX card would offer it.

XFX HD 6850 - Newegg - $159.99

I'd have to say if you're looking for an upgrade, it's not a bad deal. Especially if you submit the rebate and get an additional $20 back. Then you're paying $139.99 total, and getting a new game that retails for $50 still, and another game that retails around ($25?) I think. So if you actually want the games, You'd end up paying $70 for the card in the long run. Not a bad deal at all.

If you're going to get the XFX HD 6850, I'd recommend http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814150551 It has a $30 rebate and free shipping, compared to $20 rebate and $7.50 shipping. The difference is that the one you linked, ylu can get Shogun 2 along with Deus Ex and Dirt 3. The one I linked you can't seem to get both Deus Ex and Shogun 2 in the same order. I just ordered that card Tuesday and it arrived Wednesday :) Talk about fast shipping. Too bad I don't have the rest of the PC to test it out :P
Posted Image

#14 brettsp

brettsp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:16 PM

Can anyone confirm that the Dirt3 is OOS?

#15 gcorlett

gcorlett

For reals.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:25 PM

The 5850 is actually a tad better than the 6850, but not by too much. 6850 uses less power, and can overclock a bit better than the 5850, but if you're keeping it at stock, the 5850 would give slightly better performance.

Less power also means cooler, and therefore quieter. Worth mentioning.

The 6870 is comparable to the 5850, performance-wise.

#16 Midori Monkey

Midori Monkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:32 PM

Can anyone confirm that the Dirt3 is OOS?

Seems they were wrong. I just got in my bundle. Had the Shogun and the DE card in the box, and got the code for Dirt 3 emailed to me after I registered the card at XFX :applause:

Edit: It's worth noting that it said you must register the card prior to August 31, 2011 to get the Dirt 3 code.

MidoriMonkey.png

#17 Emron

Emron

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:31 PM

I bought the sapphire 6850 on amazon using this promotion and got the deus ex code emailed to me right after the card shipped. When the card got to me there was a dirt 3 code in the box, and it worked fine. Pretty good promotion considering I was going to buy deus ex anyway, and didnt even know that I was going to get the dirt 3 code.

#18 ferrari91169

ferrari91169

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:44 PM

This kinda sucks. I just bought 4 XFX 6870 cards (two for me, two for a buddy of mine) a few weeks ago (seriously, like 2 weeks ago) and only got MIR of $30 for each card. I did buy DE:HR on GMG when the promo was on, but still would have been nice to get a few extra copies for friends. DAMN YOU PROMOS!!

::Edit:: I'm going to email Amazon and see if they will hook me up with the promo. Wish me luck.

How are the XFX cards working for you? I want to upgrade my GTX 275 as it's starting to kind of crap out, and I wouldn't mind DX11, and a cooler/quieter card, but I've heard that the XFX have really loud fans. Have they been okay for you? I'm kind of trying to choose between XFX and Sapphire at the moment, and based on reviews Sapphire is higher up there than XFX, but I wouldn't mind the extra games with the XFX cards.

#19 Raven19x

Raven19x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:07 PM

Was looking to upgrading my video card and this is a perfect opportunity. Thanks!!

#20 Dann-o

Dann-o

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:25 PM

How are the XFX cards working for you? I want to upgrade my GTX 275 as it's starting to kind of crap out, and I wouldn't mind DX11, and a cooler/quieter card, but I've heard that the XFX have really loud fans. Have they been okay for you? I'm kind of trying to choose between XFX and Sapphire at the moment, and based on reviews Sapphire is higher up there than XFX, but I wouldn't mind the extra games with the XFX cards.

IMO Sapphire is better. They typically have better coolers and have higher clock speeds. Since they usually run cooler, it should not be as loud unless you are OCing it more than the reccomendation in the Catalyst drivers. The only good feature with XFX is the lifetime warranty. Other than that, they are probably the most stock make of the video card you can get. ASUS and Sapphire were be my make of choice.

#21 GamerKingFaiz

GamerKingFaiz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:11 AM

Damn...

I bought my HD 6850 a few weeks ago and got Dirt 3 for free, I think I would've rather had this...oh well.

fs_lastplayed.png

#22 jdktech2010

jdktech2010

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:43 AM

So how much better is a 6850 than say a 4850? I've got a 4850 (1 GB) right now and it is great....I play BC2 on Medium and get about 40 FPS with a quad core processor. Right now, the only games I'm really gonna play on PC are BF3 and SWTOR (not really a graphics giant). I wouldn't mind plyaing on PC more but I spend 8-12 hours a day staring at the computer at work so I choose consoles because it's a change of pace.

Also, are graphics card usually on sale on Black Friday? Worth it to wait if it's not a pressing need? (Heck, neither of those games will come out until Late October)

Thanks, I'm still a rather neophyte PC gamer

#23 Aliens

Aliens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:26 AM

So how much better is a 6850 than say a 4850? I've got a 4850 (1 GB) right now and it is great....I play BC2 on Medium and get about 40 FPS with a quad core processor. Right now, the only games I'm really gonna play on PC are BF3 and SWTOR (not really a graphics giant). I wouldn't mind plyaing on PC more but I spend 8-12 hours a day staring at the computer at work so I choose consoles because it's a change of pace.

Also, are graphics card usually on sale on Black Friday? Worth it to wait if it's not a pressing need? (Heck, neither of those games will come out until Late October)

Thanks, I'm still a rather neophyte PC gamer

If my 6950 hadn't been stolen from my porch today, I would've been happy to tell you.

i5 2500k, 12gb RAM, Windows 7 x64
upgrading from 4890 to 2gb 6950

#24 Vincedow

Vincedow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:43 AM

ANyone remember the 129.99$ Sapphire 5850 extremes? those were a beast deal..

#25 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:51 AM

Just built a new system and didnt get any video cards yet, although i built an SLI system and I wouldve gotten two of these cards if i had built a crossfire system. wtf

#26 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:09 AM

Damn...

I bought my HD 6850 a few weeks ago and got Dirt 3 for free, I think I would've rather had this...oh well.

Same story for me. Bought it 2 weeks ago today to finish my PC last week. Would have been nice to get DEHR. Oh well, guess I'll just wait until it's like $10 on a Steam sale.

#27 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:24 AM

if anyone doesn't want Deus Ex wants to save some $ on one of the cards let me know.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#28 Raven19x

Raven19x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:09 PM

I had some buyers remorse and cancelled my order. I figured since i'll be going into the military soon, ill wait til after basic/tech school to build a new rig. Still one hell of a deal for a reliable card though.

#29 Dann-o

Dann-o

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:28 PM

If anyone doesnt want their Dirt 3 or Deus Ex HR that came with their card, Ill buy it off of them.

#30 xGunCrazyx

xGunCrazyx

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:02 PM

It figures that I had preordered the game a week after this promo. I just ordered parts for my new LAN computer and got both Deus Ex and Dirt 3.
Posted Image