Professor Layton and the Last Specter
Release Date: October 17th
If some reminds me i can put up some trailers.
Amazon.com Product Description
Professor Layton and the Last Specter is a single player puzzle/brain teaser game for the Nintendo DS hardware family and the fourth game in the Professor Layton series to be released in North America. The Last Specter is a prequel to Professor Layton and the Curious Village and the entire series. The events of the game also immediately precede those of the animated feature Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva. The game serves as the first in a trilogy of new Professor Layton games and contains a separate Professor Layton RPG entitled Professor Layton's London Life. Features include: puzzle types such as brain teasers, riddles and conundrums; a built-in help system; an in-game inventory; engrossing animations, characters and music; and additional free weekly puzzle downloads following game launch.
A puzzling prequel that is also the first in a new trilogy of games.
Professor Layton is Back with a Puzzling Prequel
This fourth installment of the Professor Layton puzzle adventure series begins a new trilogy that is a prequel to the original games. Three years before the events in the Professor Layton and the Curious Village game, Professor Layton receives a letter from his old schoolmate Clark Triton, telling him that a "mysterious giant" is destroying his town." The professor heads to the town of Misthallery to investigate, and is joined by Emmy, his new assistant. What is the meaning of all the destruction, and is it related to the village's folklore legend of a "specter?" The unfolding story also details how Professor Layton and his apprentice, Luke Triton, met.
Bonus RPG: Professor Layton's London Life
In the bonus 8-bit role-playing game Professor Layton's London Life, the player's character lives in "Little London" with Professor Layton and a number of characters from the series. Players can customize their character with special clothing and collect items and furniture. Some of these help the player's character to enter certain areas of the city or perform tasks that help out the townspeople.
Key Game Features
- Classic Professor Layton puzzle gameplay featuring a multitude of brain teasers, riddles and conundrums, a built-in help system, an in-game inventory, and engrossing animations, characters and music
- Prequel to the existing game series and the Professor Layton movie, Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva, The Last Specter relates the origins of the puzzling-solving Professor Hershel Layton and how he met his current assistant, Luke Triton
- Professor Layton and the Last Specter serves is the first in a new trilogy of Professor Layton games
- The Last Specter contains more puzzles than any game in the series to date
- Free downloadable puzzles will be available weekly after the game's launch (broadband Internet connection required)
- Players also get the bonus role-playing game, Professor Layton's London Life that contains 100 hours of additional content
A mysterious series prequel.
More puzzles than ever before.
Vivid environments & music.
Challenging yet accessible play.
Professor Layton is back with a puzzling prequel. The start of a second trilogy the the adventures of Professor Layton, the story for this fourth DS Layton game kicks off three years prior to the events of the original Professor Layton and the Curious Village. Professor Layton, visiting the mysterious "city of mist," comes into the acquaintance of a young Luke for the first time. He also meets Remi Altiwa, a new heroine. The three embark on a quest surrounding the legend of a giant that threatens to destroy the city. Professor Layton and the Last Specter connects directly to the Layton movie, so fans of the series get the complete story first in the game and then continued in the events of the movie.
Just got an email from Amazon about the release date.
Already had it pre-ordered. Another game to add to the Fall of Fun.
Edited by adriley313, 09 October 2011 - 10:10 PM.