• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:59 AM

Here's a roundup of the Madden NFL 12 deals and pre-order bonuses:

Posted Image Amazon: $20 credit + free shipping; release date delivery is available

Exclusive: All Rookies Team & All Sophomores Team

Posted Image Best Buy: Save $10 with the purchase of game and guide

Exclusive: All Speed Team & Heart and Hustle Team

Posted Image GameStop: No deals

Exclusive: AFC & NFC All-Star Teams + Aaron Rogers Ultimate Team Card available to PowerUp Rewards members that pre-order through Monday

Posted Image Kmart: $20 gaming credit + $5 credit good toward this year's EA Sports games

Posted Image Target: Buy Madden 2012 + 2 bags of 11-11.5 oz Doritos, get a $10 gift card

Posted Image Toys R Us: Xbox 360/PS3 version is $44.99, Wii is $37.99 + Free Shipping

Posted Image Walmart: $20 eGift card

Exclusive: First & Last Rounders Teams

Posted Image Check out more Pre-order Bonuses in our dedicated thread.

Edited by CheapyD, 29 August 2011 - 04:28 AM.

#2 linuskinrak

linuskinrak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:26 AM

Still debating whether to bite on amazons deal... Not a lot change from last years, anyway Thanks cheapy, still got a day to decide.

#3 akir

akir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:39 AM

Still debating whether to bite on amazons deal... Not a lot change from last years, anyway Thanks cheapy, still got a day to decide.

franchise mode finally got a nice looking overhaul. Thats really the only mode I'm interested in.

#4 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:42 AM

I'm on the fence myself, especially since I heard the ps3 version looked a little bit worse. I haven't had a version in about 2 years so that's the only thing tempting me.

#5 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:44 AM

"GameStop: No deals"

Read that shit and spit soda. Applies to pretty much everything that's truly "new" sold from that company.

#6 TealPavelski

TealPavelski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:31 AM

I wish Amazon would price-match TRU already!
607033.png

#7 mackie619

mackie619

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:04 AM

"GameStop: No deals"

Read that shit and spit soda. Applies to pretty much everything that's truly "new" sold from that company.

Lmfao. on a side note, isnt the "allstar teams" suppose to already be in the game? smh

#8 endlessxshadow

endlessxshadow

HAVE AT THEE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:25 AM

leaning towards with toys r us over amazon

#9 goldeneye64

goldeneye64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:47 AM

I emailed Amazon about Toys R Us price yesterday and received this response.

I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the Madden NFL 12 you recently purchased.

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry; however, the prices on our website are subject to change.

While the Amazon.com website has accurate pricing information, we don't honor prices or savings posted without our permission on other websites. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

http://www.amazon.co...l?nodeId=468502

Although prices fluctuate, our service does not.

Thanks for your understanding. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

#10 Hulkamaniac418

Hulkamaniac418

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:22 AM

I preordered it from TRU. When do you think it will come in the mail?

#11 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:02 AM

Anyone on the fence should listen to the 4th String podcast. 3 reviewers tear down the game. My take from their 90 minute show:

Bottom line, if you want improvements to OFFLINE franchise (some of which are putting stuff back in that was cut from the PS2/XBox 1 versions) and don't care about Superstar mode (unplayable except for achievements because of camera angles/game logic) or Online Franchise (no changes at all including the improvements made in offline franchise) and don't mind the commentary being poor and almost completely rehashed from 11, then get it with one of the $20 coupon/credit/gift card deals or get it for $45 from TRU. Otherwise, wait for $30-$35 on Black Friday.

Something else to consider: NCAA Football 12 is still unpatched. It has two major glitches in that your dynasty can suddenly just refuse to progress any further and also your players specialties will change mid-season for no reason at all. You can go to pastapadre.com or read the forums on EA/Operation Sports for the full lowdown but if you're someone that wants to take draft classes in NCAA and bring them into Madden then beware.

I bought both games last year via deals (NCAA with a local Gamestop trade-in deal and Madden with BB's $20 RZ credit plus Madden NFL Arcade) and never got around to playing them, but now that I've gotten bored with CoD I'm playing dynasty in NCAA 11 and really enjoying it then going to go into Madden 11.

Edited by MSUHitman, 29 August 2011 - 03:20 PM.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#12 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:04 AM

Lmfao. on a side note, isnt the "allstar teams" suppose to already be in the game? smh

It's not technically the same as the Pro Bowl teams that are in the game, but yeah it's the weakest group of pre order bonus teams. They do have a slightly funny commercial for that bonus running in their stores, as long as you're not a Bears fan.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#13 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:14 AM

I was watching a unboxing of the hall of fame edition and have been having serious buyers remorse. I mean the last madden collectors was awesome but in the HOF it is just a slip cover over a reg game and a signed card as big as a manual. I am llike 89.00 SMH Hell should have been 69.00

#14 Pheee

Pheee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:22 PM

I am tempted by TRU, Amazon is basically same, but you spend $60 to get $20 credit to spend again at amazon, I prefer to just pay less, and also have a $5 off voucher that was sent to me, so Madden 12 for $40 is fine.

#15 ragingpdm

ragingpdm

Apocalypse is coming......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:40 PM

If I get it, I'm taking advantage of the Kmart offer

#16 blazenumb1

blazenumb1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:17 PM

Thanks Cheapy.

#17 Mogambi

Mogambi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

I ordered the PS3 version from amazon. Thanks Cheapy!

#18 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:12 PM

I was going to buy it, but after reading the reviews from multiple sources, I think I'm going to skip it. Use my trade credit for Gears 3 instead.
Posted Image

#19 secondhand1

secondhand1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

I went Amazon for the $20 credit ad release-day delivery. $20 towards Gears. That $20 towards Arkham City. That $10 towards Uncharted 3. I think it's only in the neighborhood of a $50 total savings, but it's still $50.

#20 cometcoil

cometcoil

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

Does TRU have a option to pick it up at the store for the 44.99

#21 Pheee

Pheee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:52 PM

Does TRU have a option to pick it up at the store for the 44.99

I tried to, but didnt have the option in CO.

#22 djhmetfan2

djhmetfan2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:54 PM

Is Toys R Us in store too or online only ?

#23 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:27 PM

Anyone on the fence should listen to the 4th String podcast. 3 reviewers tear down the game. My take from their 90 minute show:

Bottom line, if you want improvements to OFFLINE franchise (some of which are putting stuff back in that was cut from the PS2/XBox 1 versions) and don't care about Superstar mode (unplayable except for achievements because of camera angles/game logic) or Online Franchise (no changes at all including the improvements made in offline franchise) and don't mind the commentary being poor and almost completely rehashed from 11, then get it with one of the $20 coupon/credit/gift card deals or get it for $45 from TRU. Otherwise, wait for $30-$35 on Black Friday.

Something else to consider: NCAA Football 12 is still unpatched. It has two major glitches in that your dynasty can suddenly just refuse to progress any further and also your players specialties will change mid-season for no reason at all. You can go to pastapadre.com or read the forums on EA/Operation Sports for the full lowdown but if you're someone that wants to take draft classes in NCAA and bring them into Madden then beware.

I bought both games last year via deals (NCAA with a local Gamestop trade-in deal and Madden with BB's $20 RZ credit plus Madden NFL Arcade) and never got around to playing them, but now that I've gotten bored with CoD I'm playing dynasty in NCAA 11 and really enjoying it then going to go into Madden 11.

I've heard about issues with NCAA 12 but have yet to see any. I'm two seasons into a dynasty.

NCAA 11 was good but Madden 11 blows.

#24 jony529

jony529

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:11 PM

I'd like to order it from BB so I can add to my reward zone credits but I dont care about the game guide so the cheapest deal to me is from TRU. Would I be able to get BB to price match the PS3 $45 Madden?

#25 screwkick

screwkick

It's T-Shirt Time...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:52 PM

Ordered from Amazon. Will use the $20 credit for the new Anthrax album that drops on September 13th. :D

#26 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:22 PM

What I find funny is how they added in the "3D" grass FINALLY, but have been saying it would be added for years and years. I think they were advertising it as far back as '07.

Also the demo wasn't terrible but it seems like their remedy to a lot of long standing issues (like the ping pong affect) was to just add in animations that override the normal crap that goes on.

I'm not in any way saying that NFL 2k5 is a better game than today's Madden's... just the graphics and animation alone make newer Madden's better, not to mention improvements in AI. But it's really sad when 2k5 still does some stuff better than current Madden games.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#27 endlessxshadow

endlessxshadow

HAVE AT THEE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

ordered from toys r us just now. probably won't get it until the end of the week or early next week -_-

#28 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

What I find funny is how they added in the "3D" grass FINALLY, but have been saying it would be added for years and years. I think they were advertising it as far back as '07.

Also the demo wasn't terrible but it seems like their remedy to a lot of long standing issues (like the ping pong affect) was to just add in animations that override the normal crap that goes on.

I'm not in any way saying that NFL 2k5 is a better game than today's Madden's... just the graphics and animation alone make newer Madden's better, not to mention improvements in AI. But it's really sad when 2k5 still does some stuff better than current Madden games.

The demo is an old build of the game, pre E3.

#29 mfunk9786

mfunk9786

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:17 PM

My Amazon release day delivery preorder from forever ago isn't marked as "Shipping Soon" yet, which is certainly freaking me out. I want this tomorrow, hurricane be damned.

#30 lostfan

lostfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:36 PM

My Amazon release day delivery preorder from forever ago isn't marked as "Shipping Soon" yet, which is certainly freaking me out. I want this tomorrow, hurricane be damned.

If you don't get it tomorrow, you'll get another promotional credit as compensation for not having it on release day if you write them. Tomorrow I'm at work forever (it will be after 9 PM when I get home, probably closer to 10 PM) so I'm hoping mine doesn't come tomorrow and and I get another promotional credit since I won't really be able to play it anyway. However, despite the slow shipping status, its always here on release day (which is a good thing).