- - - - -

Dark Void PC DD - 4.99 @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:07 PM

http://www.amazon.co...GS9RY7X4GH25H7X

Lowest I've seen it go, I know this one got bashed pretty hard but it looks kind of interesting. Thoughts?

#2 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:08 PM

I'm one of the few people that enjoyed it. I'd say its worth a 5 spot

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#3 msu89dawgs

msu89dawgs

Are you threatening me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:15 PM

I'd bite if I could register it on Steam...

iconbluraypng.png - 394
DVD - 157

#4 GatorBeerGeek

GatorBeerGeek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:22 PM

Just finished playing it on the PS3 last night. The game itself was not that bad in terms of gameplay, IMO. It was all the glitches that made it frustrating as hell.

One level auto-saved at a point where when I started from that point I would instantly die only to start back there again. I had to restart the level (and this level was pretty difficult playing on the hardest setting). At the end of that level again when you have to destroy a battleship, every time I would get to the last part to blow it up, the ship I was protecting would suddenly die even though it still had more than half health. So... I got to restart the level all over for the third time.

I made it harder on myself by never upgrading weapons so I could avoid the grease monkey trophy glitch, but I guess that would not be an issue for someone playing it on the PC.

Just realize, it might end up very frustrating at times, but I think it is worth $5.

GatorBeerGeek.png

#5 Taneerian

Taneerian

Roll Dem Bones!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:28 PM

I'd bite if I could register it on Steam...

I'm assuming you can register it on steam since it uses GFWL right? or does it? I thought I heard it does.

UPDATE: Nevermind, it's just GFW. I wish they didn't have both, makes it really confusing.

#6 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:30 PM

I'm assuming you can register it on steam since it uses GFWL right? or does it? I thought I heard it does.

Say what now?

#7 Taneerian

Taneerian

Roll Dem Bones!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:32 PM

Say what now?

The GWFL games have a code that I assume you can input into steam.

#8 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

I believe you're thinking of Steamworks. While some GFWL games register on Steam, far from all of them do.

#9 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:51 PM

Dark Void is a fascinating game. I myself grabbed the game when it was $7.50 during Amazon's holiday sale. (They had some good deals there. For example, Dark Void Zero for $1.24.) I was surprised Steam never had a deal on it.

Bear McCreary's soundtrack alone makes the game worth $5.

#10 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:53 PM

Is it the GFWL version that you can get achievements? Heard that the only version of Dark Void that allows you to get achievements is the version purchased from xbox.com
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:01 AM

Correct, only the version of Dark Void purchased and downloaded from the GFW marketplace, now integrated into xbox.com is a GFWL version with achievos.

#12 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:52 AM

I hated dark avoid. I am glad though that there are people acually liked it. Jet pack was nice though
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#13 malethief

malethief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:15 AM

Correct, only the version of Dark Void purchased and downloaded from the GFW marketplace, now integrated into xbox.com is a GFWL version with achievos.

I have a copy of the game that came with my video card but s its as far as retail copies go. Its just a download version of the game