Din's Curse (PC/Mac) $3.99 at Direct2Drive - CAG Exclusive

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:36 PM

Use coupon Code CAGDINS80 to get Din’s Curse, a well reviewed Diablo-esque indie game for $3.99 (normally $19.95). Valid through 9/5/2011 11:59:59 PM PST.

Posted Image Din's Curse (PC/Mac) $3.99

Edited by CheapyD, 02 September 2011 - 11:25 PM.

#2 Lemarfanz

Lemarfanz

Video Games Are Art!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:59 PM

Pretty solid deal, has anyone played this before?

I'd hate to pass up any deal on an indie game!
I LOVE INDIE GAMES!

I SUPPORT THEM WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

#3 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:03 AM

Pretty solid deal, has anyone played this before?

I'd hate to pass up any deal on an indie game!

Go to the developers site. There's a demo you can download and try.

I've always heard good things but had a hard time buying at $20 + $10 expansion, even after trying the demo. At $4 + $10, it's not so bad for me.

#4 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:19 AM

MSI Magus had great things to say about it in the Steam deal thread. At this price it's hard to say no, even without trying the demo.
Posted Image

#5 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:46 AM

Bought... kind of. I thought I had selected the PC version, but my owned games list has it as the Mac version. Probably my mistake. Filed a ticket.

Anyway, thanks for bringing this to our attention! Some were discussing this game recently in another thread.

#6 Liveforlaughs76

Liveforlaughs76

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:30 AM

Supporting CAG and an Indie developer with a great deal? Fuck yeah!

#7 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:40 AM

I heard this was like Diablo, willing to look into it! Thanks for the Deal :D

#8 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:51 AM

Anyone know if it registers on Steam?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:06 AM

Since the game isn't on Steam, no, no it doesn't.

#10 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:45 AM

looks great. bought a copy

edit: nevermind. tried to buy a copy but its requiring some sort of phone authorization in addition to my paypal info. shady as Fuck and i don't have my phone with me anyway.

Edited by crystalklear64, 02 September 2011 - 04:56 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:00 AM

The main draw of the game is the replayability. You're meant to use one character over the course of several games, each of which can be radically different. In my first game, monsters attacked the town, and by the time I took out the monsters, they'd killed most of the NPCs :) The game is very generic in terms of quests and it's rather primitive graphically, but it's still an interesting spin on the hack 'n' slash RPG genre and well worth the $4.
Posted Image

#12 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:02 AM

How's the expansion? Does it enhance the base game or is it just more stuff?

#13 Kurina

Kurina

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:11 AM

It doesn't. Valve continually reject the game despite the developer trying his hardest and all the praise it has received. Rock, Paper, Shotgun was constantly going on about this game for a while when it was released.

Wow though, never thought I would see it go this low. Crazy awesome deal imo!

#14 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:34 AM

Well, in for one! Thanks for hooking up the special deal, CheapyD!

#15 Jerakon

Jerakon

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:02 AM

Best Diablo style game I've played. The dynamic quest system is really fun.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
Eric Hoffer
(1902 - 1983)

#16 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:26 PM

My only two big complaints with this game are that the camera does not pull back far enough and that since everything, even the town is randomized sometimes it can feel as though you are not progressing. At this sale price these are REALLY small complaints and id say this game is a must buy for anyone that likes Diablo style games at this price. This is actually the closest any game has come to the original Diablo since Darkstone IMO.

Overall a very good game....Im just frustrated that I paid $20 for it less then a week ago! Ah well...at least its helping an indy dev and helping others determine to pick the game up.
When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher
Id rather be hated for what I am then loved for what I am not - The Miz

#17 mujahid9

mujahid9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:38 PM

Overall a very good game....

really superficial question - I fired up the demo a couple of times briefly and it seems like everyone is wearing brown trousers and vest, do you know if the character gear is supposed to get pretty cool later on in the game? Or is it just best not to expect Diablo/Dungeon Siege - style gear?
fate marches with us!!!

#18 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:47 PM

really superficial question - I fired up the demo a couple of times briefly and it seems like everyone is wearing brown trousers and vest, do you know if the character gear is supposed to get pretty cool later on in the game? Or is it just best not to expect Diablo/Dungeon Siege - style gear?

Your gear does change, but so far iv yet to be impressed by any of the visuals for my armor or helms. A few of the special weapons I have found look kind of cool but for the most part id just go in expecting very low expectations from the visuals of this game. As the demo should have shown you everything looks like ass(like a PSX 3D overhead game).
When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher

#19 tanman8895

tanman8895

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:27 PM

Does this stack with the 15% off code?

#20 caldazar

caldazar

RiderOnAPaleHorse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:31 PM

For this price, pick it up! DC is a great game, and I (being probably unknown to most of you) heartily recommend it!
Posted Image

#21 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:17 PM

They've processed a refund for me (Mac version whoops), so I've rebought the PC version. I had to do the phone authorization thing this time, first that's happened buying from them.

Finally have it now, though for the moment it will reside among the other titles in my backlog.

#22 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:01 AM

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but does anyone know if it's worth also getting the expansion? I've read that it makes a nice difference but I want to know if it's an immediate necessity. I really loved the additions that Immortal Throne made to the original Titan Quest base game (areas, items, and UI changes), so I'd love to know if DC's expansion rounds things out.

Last time I'm asking, promise ;)

#23 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:22 AM

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but does anyone know if it's worth also getting the expansion? I've read that it makes a nice difference but I want to know if it's an immediate necessity. I really loved the additions that Immortal Throne made to the original Titan Quest base game (areas, items, and UI changes), so I'd love to know if DC's expansion rounds things out.

Last time I'm asking, promise ;)

I have a feeling I am the only one that has played the game here at all at this point so I doubt anyone will answer....but id love to know this as well. On the website it sounded like outside the new class nothing that was added was that impressive, but I could be wrong.

#24 caldazar

caldazar

RiderOnAPaleHorse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:35 AM

Try the original game first, and if you like it, pick up the expansion - that's what I did. I enjoy random levels, respawning levels, and the random loot. I still haven't put together a complete armor set yet, but you get bonuses for partials.

The expansion does have some nice features, but honestly, I'm not sure what features are just patches vs expansion only. My best recommendation is to go over to both Soldak's Main Page as well as their Forums to poke around, and check out the community.

I'm a fan of Indie Game Developers, and Soldak is up there. DC is my favorite of their games.

*edit* this is a snippet from their DC:DW page:

"Din's Curse: Demon War is the first expansion for the unique action RPG Din's Curse. Adds the Demon Hunter class, new demon monsters, tons of new quests, more involved NPCs, lots of new dungeons and caves, and much more."
Posted Image

#25 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:51 AM

Which just does not sound like that much. In Xpacks I want new items and new classes. New areas of course too, but since everything in this game is random it just does not seem like new quests or areas make a big difference.

#26 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:48 AM

So after much nagging by my friends I decided to try buying this game again. Got to the phone verification step and this time had my phone with me. Entered my phone number and was told it wasn't valid. Alright, maybe I have to format it a certain way. Tried it again, same message. Decided to try my landline number since I read somewhere they want that. Then I was given a new error saying I had used up all my attempts at phone activation. All this to use their service when they have so many competitors its like they hate people giving them money.

I then sent d2d an expletive filled support ticket about their service and that whoever reads it can Fuck themselves.

This was my first and last attempt to use d2d.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Angel.9 Rakou Cobra

Angel.9 Rakou Cobra

Dark Queen of Sales

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:05 AM

Never even heard of it before, but the demo was fun. Bought it, and luckily with no more trouble than usual from D2D (Comrade constantly freaks out on my computer).

#28 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:08 AM

So after much nagging by my friends I decided to try buying this game again. Got to the phone verification step and this time had my phone with me. Entered my phone number and was told it wasn't valid. Alright, maybe I have to format it a certain way. Tried it again, same message. Decided to try my landline number since I read somewhere they want that. Then I was given a new error saying I had used up all my attempts at phone activation. All this to use their service when they have so many competitors its like they hate people giving them money.

I then sent d2d an expletive filled support ticket about their service and that whoever reads it can Fuck themselves.

This was my first and last attempt to use d2d.

Steam isnt much better. Iv sent a ticket or two there and never heard back from them.

#29 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:50 AM

thankfully i've never had to deal with steam support but i hear it is god awful. the difference is that i can buy games from steam without them calling me on my phone, and when you accept it, it doesn't even work.

unless d2d sends me a reply sucking my dick and giving me the game free or something (which i doubt since whoever reads my support ticket will think i'm an asshole which is true) its over between us.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 Rerujnoc

Rerujnoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:40 AM

Thanks for the deal CheapyD. I have been waiting a long time for this to go on sale.