Photo
- - - - -

Official NHL 12 CAG Team - We're Back Baby!!! WifeBeaterz on Parole!

• Please log in to reply
1680 replies to this topic

#1 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:03 AM

Warning: Video contains coarse language...thanks to some of the "fanmail" we received from our opponents.

Still going strong! Welcome to the official thread for your...Cheap Azz Wifebeaterz? Huh?

Yes, you read that correctly. For now, the CAG team is going by a new moniker. What may at first appear like a tasteless sentiment is in fact a tasteless joke, in reference to the inclusion of female skaters in this year's game, and the fact that only the "classiest" players online will "utilize" them. More information on how YOU can become a Wifebeater below!

Club History
Building off of more than one year of continuous play, and three years overall, the CAG hockey team has high hopes for its 4th season. After winning its first two championships (back to back) in club history this past season, and placing in the game's highest division multiple times, the team is primed for a dominant run this coming year. Our final record saw us place over 100 games over .500 and we finally pushed our goals for average higher than our goals against average. Yes, we take the game seriously. Why? Because getting your ass kicked just isn't very fun. If you disagree, you're welcome to challenge us at any time.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Pro Finish - September 2011 / Pro Finish - October 2011 / Pro Finish - November 2011
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Pro Champs - November 2011 / Amateur Champs - December 2011 / Pro Finish - January 2012

Posted Image
Pro Champs - January 2012

How We Play
This is a team for people who wish to compete at a high level and learn the correct way to play their position and hockey in general. Your play will be critiqued, and your contributions to the team will be evaluated. This is not to deride anyone for the way they play, but to improve the team and to give us a better chance of winning games and competing for a championship.

If you become a detriment to the team, there is a possiblity you could be cut. Not saying this to scare anybody off...but we're looking for smart, skilled, and committed players.

There are playoffs each month for the three divisions (Amateur, Pro, Elite), and the top five players at their preferred positions (six if we can ever find a reliable/consistent goalie) will be selected for the playoff roster based on statistics compiled during that month. Yes, there is sort of an "established" playoff roster from last year, but no one is untouchable or unwilling to step aside if they are outplayed in a given month. The spots are open for the taking. But it's up to each individual to earn them.

***IMPORTANT***
One thing that we strongly recommend is that you do not use the "Be a Pro" or "Action" camera types. While these angles can be exciting for single player modes, they do a poor job of showing you the ice and which teammates may be open (especially players behind you). Since we strive to play strong team hockey and get everyone involved, it makes sense to be able to see the entire zone as you play. The CAG team advises that you use the "Ice", "Classic", or even "Overhead" cameras.

When We Play
We have two official Hockey Nights each week. These fall on Tuesday and Friday, and usually start around 10 PM EST and end in the wee hours of the morning. These hockey nights can be filled with ranked games against other EASHL clubs, team practices to improve on basic skills and fundamentals, or even intrasquad games to compete against each other. There are also other random times throughout the week that we play, but Tuesday and Friday are the definite times you can find the team. If you'd like to play, please feel free to join us! If you'd like your information posted on the team roster, please see the "How to Sign Up" section below. See you on the ice!

Webpage
http://www.easportsw.../22905/overview

Sortable Player Stats
*stats for FO%, OFF, Give and Take may be skewed due to the inclusion of drop-in games toward your total
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011/January 2012

How To Sign Up
Keep in mind, we have official weekly Hockey Nights on Tuesdays and Fridays from 10PM EST - UNTIL (usually 1-2AM EST), and do play other random times as well. The more time you put into the team, the better we'll be and the more you'll get out of it.

If you're interested in taking part in these fun and awesome community gatherings, just find the team in the game (search "BTR" or "Wifebeaterz"), and send a join request. And be sure to post in the thread and include the following information:
Number | CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Skater Name | Preferred Position

Roster
Number | CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Skater Name | Preferred Position | Hockey Card
#2 | Vulcan2422 | Vulcan7905 | Gary Gaga | Right D |
Spoiler

#9 | DestroVega | DestroVega | Don No Soul Simmons | Left Wing/Center |
Spoiler

#10 | KasterDB | KasterDB | Kieran Shaw | Anything, but prefer LD/RD
#21 | moojuice | moojuiced | Domingo Ayala | Left Field (more like left out, m i rite) |
Spoiler

#24 | DarkTower80 | DarkTower80 | Elite Banenr | Right Wing/Right Defenseman |
Spoiler

#37 l Matt Young l X Matt Young X l Matt Young l LD, but I'll try any spot
Spoiler

#39 | n8rockerasu | n8rocker82 | Pron Banner | Center/Left Defenseman/Left Wing |
Spoiler

#71 | jza1218 | statnut28 | Amatuer Banner | LW |
Spoiler

Inactive Roster (players who have not played in the past four weeks)
Spoiler

(It should be noted that we don't assign specific positions to people. Players are encouraged to learn multiple positions to maximize their value to the team and provide us with added flexibility. But stating your preferred position lets everyone know what you feel you're best at, not to mention, enjoy.)

2010-2011 CheapyD All Stars
Spoiler

2009-2010 CheapyD All Stars
Spoiler

2009-2010 Sex Panthers
Spoiler

2009-2010 Crotch Sharks
Spoiler

2008-2009 CAG Hockey Team
Spoiler

Coach Alan's Corner

CAG Hockey Breakdown Videos
Spoiler

Zone D:

and:
Spoiler

Working the puck out of the corner:
Spoiler

Example of a good breakout play:
Spoiler

Getting The Most Out of Your Player
The following guide will show you how to best distribute your points and which boosts you should apply based on the cost of raising each attribute. Setting your player up wisely will give you an edge over the competition!

http://www.operation...81&postcount=10

Custom Soundpack
As you may or may not know, NHL 12 allows people to set their own custom playlists for in game events (team intros, goals, penalties, etc.). The great thing about this is you can stream the music from your computer and have the playlists pre-set. All you have to do is assign them to the specific events in game. You can find the pack here, along with full instructions on how to install it.

NHL 12 Soundpack
http://forum.ea.com/...st/5743466.page

Older Soundpack
http://www.thebreaka...ead.php?t=21508

Edited by CAGLeagueSports, 11 December 2012 - 06:17 AM.

Do you have what it takes to compete?

#2 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:03 AM

Reserved
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#3 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:27 AM

Holy crap, never realized the old thread hit over 2100 posts!
And just got done watching the vid. Awesome stuff!

Edited by moojuice, 05 September 2011 - 08:46 AM.

#4 FishyJoe

FishyJoe

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:31 PM

Feeling good about 12. Imagine how many clips your gonna have for next years video now that there's a competent replay system.

Edited by Ltor, 05 September 2011 - 12:42 PM.

#5 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:18 PM

Nate, for some reason my computer now won't stream to my xbox unless I take off the McAfee firewall. Any idea how to fix that or get the custom music used another way? I never used it before but I probably should be using it.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#6 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:43 PM

Can't wait to get home from work to see the video.

#7 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:17 PM

video is pretty great, that winning song is horrid. (Works great for the video though)

#8 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:26 PM

I have to finish this video later, but the first 7 minutes had me cracking up. I'll be on tonight looking for points 1199 and 1200, who's in?

#9 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:11 PM

^Can't make tonight most likely, wish I had closed out NHL on that one high note game but then I had that next brutal one.

Can't wait for '12. I might trade in the game now, but I don't have anything I really want right now, you can trade games in to a Gamestop and just hold onto the store credit right?

#10 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:34 PM

Bravo Nate. Pure genius!

#11 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:53 PM

^Can't make tonight most likely, wish I had closed out NHL on that one high note game but then I had that next brutal one.

Can't wait for '12. I might trade in the game now, but I don't have anything I really want right now, you can trade games in to a Gamestop and just hold onto the store credit right?

Yes

#12 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:31 PM

That video is pure awesomeness. The winning autotune was awesome I thought. Amazing work Nate! I don't want to be THAT guy but, you forgot the board humping! lol. One more week and we will be rocking our Amatuer cards again and making our way to pro to rule once again. I told you Brandon likes it from behind! :D Gary Gaga out!

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#13 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:32 PM

Sweet. I am tempted to get another game, Skyrim, Batman, Madden? But I know that I'm getting NHL, MW3 and SSX and I know they will dominate my time.

That video is pure awesomeness. The winning autotune was awesome I thought. Amazing work Nate! I don't want to be THAT guy but, you forgot the board humping! lol. One more week and we will be rocking our Amatuer cards again and making our way to pro to rule once again. I told you Brandon likes it from behind! :D Gary Gaga out!

yeah I meant that the song was so terrible it's great. Too bad they didn't add the "winner winner SHEEEEN dinner" line.

#14 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:10 PM

Yeah I thought my "amatuer" clinching board hump would get in there!

#15 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:52 PM

Honestly, I hope this is true and not fake.

http://imageshack.us...56/femalee.jpg/

It's nice to see the addition of females. We have a lot of females playing in our league (almost over 20 of them play in our league). I mean, I don't take the EASHL as the NHL honestly, so it's a nice addition.

Vulcan7905.png

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#16 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:11 AM

Amazing work on the video Nate.

#17 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:14 AM

I don't want to be THAT guy but, you forgot the board humping! lol.

Yeah I thought my "amatuer" clinching board hump would get in there!

Ah, I thought about that picture then forgot to find it on my hard drive. I guess Rob's sweet loving just wasn't memorable enough. ;)

Luckily, I still had the editing program open, so I just added it (and a few others from the "hockey cards" folder) and I'm re-uploading the video now. I figured something like that would happen. It's tough making a perfect first draft.

As for Gary's post about females being in the game, I don't see how they could do that and still stick to their statements about "player types" actually mattering. All of the females would be drastically underpowered. As much as I would enjoy making myself a hot chick, it just doesn't seem practical, haha.

EDIT - All right, video should be fixed. Now with more humping! :)

#18 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:12 AM

I have to finish this video later, but the first 7 minutes had me cracking up. I'll be on tonight looking for points 1199 and 1200, who's in?

I should be on in about 15-20 minutes. Gotta get that top 100 Elite trophy, so I can redo the video again, haha.

#19 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:29 AM

Time to update the highlight reel ;)

Edited by moojuice, 06 September 2011 - 05:09 AM.

#20 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:30 AM

Pretty excited to be with the team from the get go, finally. Also, are we going to have some form of tryouts for the goalie spot, to see how effective people are there? I know I wouldn't mind taking a crack at it.

#21 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:40 AM

I think everyone can have a shot at it, provided you can play better than the AI goalie.

It's be preferable if we could do tryout games in non-ranked games so we dont get hit too hard stats wise if someone is an "unproven" goalie.

#22 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:56 AM

We're Number 87! We're Number 88!

#23 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:35 AM

Yeah...so I didn't expect that top 100 thing to happen this fast. But I guess this is what 17-2-1 will get you. We also took some time looking at the overall stats for our team, and we're actually close to the top in a few areas. And for this month, we've been very dominant with our goals for at 3.20 and our goals against at 1.35. Excellent work, guys!
Spoiler

#24 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:40 PM

why is everyone looking at me? Your crane style is no match for my spider style!

Yeah, I think what he meant was "everybody...who doesn't suck". See, I know I suck at goalie, and serve the team better at other positions. It shouldn't take people long to figure out whether they suck at it or not. And recognizing that you suck is half the battle. :)

Posted Image

#25 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:54 PM

Dang, a lot of my friends over in the Lands got there copy today and I are jealous of them. Weird that Europe got it early instead of us.

Vulcan7905.png

#26 FishyJoe

FishyJoe

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:17 PM

Anyone else gonna get the ea season ticket? I wanna play this weekend. I'm far too impatient to wait.

#27 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:36 PM

Anyone else gonna get the ea season ticket? I wanna play this weekend. I'm far too impatient to wait.

Nope.

#28 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:45 PM

Damn, we're down to 95 in Elite now. Looks like we will need to keep winning if we want that top 100 Elite trophy.

Also, first reviews for NHL 12 are looking good. Here's one from Gametrailers.com. They gave it a 9.2 out of 10.
http://www.gametrail...w-nhl-12/720222

Video confirms that you can create female players. Just don't know how that's going to work. They'll be fast, but they'll get destroyed down low. I just have a feeling that all of the asshole dangle masters we ran into this year will be female players too. We might as well rename our team the "Wifebeaters" right now, lol.

Wow, I LOVE the improvements to Ultimate Team (24/7 mode). Other people can play against your team when you're not on and you can earn pucks from it. Not sure how that will affect contracts (I can't imagine it using games when you're not actually playing), but it's an interesting idea.

Ehh...looks like the goalie is a little weak on wrap arounds (though he handled one on one chances pretty well). And there's a goal at the very end where the d man is in good position and is even bodying his man, but he still can't stop the cross crease pass or shot. I guess it's never going to be perfect, but it we play defense like we have been this month, we can definitely beat most teams.

Edited by n8rockerasu, 07 September 2011 - 12:09 AM.

#29 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:05 AM

Can't wait. I'll be playing non stop till I get my Legend card.

Vulcan7905.png

#30 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:18 AM

Damn, we're down to 95 in Elite now. Looks like we will need to keep winning if we want that top 100 Elite trophy.

Guess I'll have to keep NHL 11 a little longer.