PS3 is $16.93.

http://www.amazon.co...15733852&sr=8-1
607033.png

#2 TealPavelski

TealPavelski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:35 AM

It may be cheap, but your time should be worth more than that. Its easily one of the worst games i've ever played.

Really? I've only played a little of the first LP.
607033.png

#3 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:45 AM

If you have someone to play with this game is great.

I've never played it solo though, so no comment on that.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#4 SaviorSin

SaviorSin

Best In The World

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

Man i hated that game, The co-op did not even keep me wanting to play that one, But it's all a matter of personal opinion. For someone out there, it's a good deal.

#5 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:24 AM

for 10 bucks i bought it.. though from what i hear it is pretty bad. I heard they went almost exclusive co-op and multiplayer and the single player campaign is shit because of it.. hope thats not true because i dont have xbox live >_<

#6 cynicalaa22

cynicalaa22

The Chiseler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:40 AM

AWD has it for $7.
Posted Image

#7 looploop

looploop

Camera-shy Supernova

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:44 PM

This game has a very fun co-op campaign that's well-worth $10.
The boss encounters have a cool very Monster Hunter w/guns vibe to them, and it has some good set-pieces at times.
A couple that I remember well were one
Spoiler

Don't bother if you're only going to play single player though. That way lies boredom and frustration.
It also has possibly the worst story I've seen in a game. Not a single character has a face or a name.

「Im Himmel fehlen alle interessanten Leute.

Posted Image

#8 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:29 PM

It may be cheap, but your time should be worth more than that. Its easily one of the worst games i've ever played.

I was going to post this same thing but in caps lol. This series could be so much better but besides the cool looking akrid this series blows chunks
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#9 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:58 PM

I was going to post this same thing but in caps lol. This series could be so much better but besides the cool looking akrid this series blows chunks

I always see people say that they absolutely despise this game but they never say why, what exactly didn't you like about it? Personally I thought it was pretty good: the weapons, environments, vehicles and scenarios are unique and varied. I probably would've appreciated fighting more akrid and less pirates and I can sorta see the complaints about how single player isn't much more than playing AI in multiplayer maps (although I actually sorta enjoyed it) but I still thought it was a rather fun game.

#10 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:02 PM

Really? I've only played a little of the first LP.

The first was a solid game; the single-player campaign was good and quite fun. The second game, as other CAGers here say, was almost built solely for multi-player and single-player was an afterthought. The second was a huge disappointment for me and I was sad to see such a promising franchise take such a big misstep. I don't think we'll see a LP3 for a long time, if ever.

#11 Murderstorm

Murderstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

Thats about $10 too much

#12 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:51 PM

I played LP2 with a friend and still we couldn't enjoy it.

Of course, I did not like the first one in the series either. The first was endless boring shooting against dull, damage soaking enemies with a few bosses that were alright but nothing special.

LP2 removes what could be cool about all this with their kitchen-sink style nonsense in the sequel. The mook combat is even more dreadful now, largely big, dumb switch hitting arena fights, and the bosses just lack any sort of excitement.

They try to throw a series of big co-op set pieces at you, like the railgun loading boss fight, but these turn out to feel more like gimmicky chores than anything else. The fundamentals are just all wrong. They break or water down everything LP1 did right and exacerbate everything LP1 did wrong.

#13 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:55 PM

I would enjoy this game more if it had an actual offline story mode like the first one.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#14 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:57 PM

I liked this game, really fun with friends, but single player with ai is no fun. Still he boss battles are great.
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#15 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:59 PM

I agree with others, I really enjoyed this game in co-op. The single player AI is worthless, your teammates just stand around doing nothing which makes it tough to complete missions where you need more than one person to help out.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#16 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:01 PM

LP2 co-op is kinda fun. I don't recommend getting this game for single player. The gameplay is a bit flawed, but that was inherited from LP1. I beat the campaign like a while back and I really felt like I was playing Monster Hunter with guns. This game has things that remind me of Monster Hunter (emotes, getting slapped around by giant bosses, giant bosses, etc.)
PS3: Macross 30
PC: Tomb Raider
Vita (Black): Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Vita (White): Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
3DS XL: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nexus 4: Final Fantasy Dimensions

#17 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:40 AM

wait.. does this have NO single player story mode, at all? That sounds pretty bad.

At the very least, does it do system link co-op or is it online only? Maybe i'll get another copy to do system link with friends

#18 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:49 AM

wait.. does this have NO single player story mode, at all? That sounds pretty bad.

No it does, there's cutscenes and all that... it's just that alot of the single player game feels like an afterthought, like you are just playing in multiplayer maps with AI bots. I can overlook it for the most part since the actual gameplay is fun but it would've been nice to have had a unique experience in the single player campaign.

#19 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:53 AM

I haven't heard good things either and I do have better ways to spend my time so thanks everyone for all the comments and for helping me save $10.14.

#20 BJownes

BJownes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:54 AM

Bought this a long time ago from BB for 9.99. With a friend, it's actually a lot of fun, and I imagine with 4 people it'd be awesome. I played through it alone and some over xbl, and I'd say it's worth it for $10. Definitely better than the first one was but not a great game by any means.
[adult swim]

#21 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:06 AM

Amazon also had used copies for $7.49 and eligible for Prime a few days ago. For that price, you can get 2-4 copies for a full co-op experience if you're crazy enough.

#22 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:36 AM

Fantastic game. Haven't played single-player but played through this with 2 friends and we had an absolute blast. One of the best co-op games that has come out in the past few years. The multiplayer battle is also really fun, but you won't find anyone online unless you organize something. Theres lots of mechs and levels that weren't in the campaign and the perks and weapon customization make it great.

Don't understand why this game gets so much hate unless you're expecting Shakespeare to have written the story.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 looploop

looploop

Camera-shy Supernova

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:56 AM

At the very least, does it do system link co-op or is it online only? Maybe i'll get another copy to do system link with friends

It also has split-screen co-op. Unfortunately the screen formatting they chose is horrible and wastes a large percentage of your screen space.

「Im Himmel fehlen alle interessanten Leute.

Posted Image

#24 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:45 PM

I didn't even know there was split-screen co-op. On researching it though, it doesn't sound very fun: you have no other teammates - not that the AI teammates would be worth a damn - and second player is relegated to sidekick duty a la Fable.

Having said that, the game is a steal at this price if you're into online co-op. Get a full team together and it is an absolute blast. I loved playing with the grappling hook and piloting the mechs, and flying around in the space levels was more fun than I expected. Pick up the Amazon Warehouse copy for $7 with free shipping if you're on the fence.

#25 Phokal

Phokal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

This game is really fun with 3 people total (up to 4) humans.

This game is ok with just a pair, but not great.

This game is terrible if you play it by yourself.

Note: All of the above also describes Left 4 Dead. This is basically a Japanese left 4 dead, with mechs and large boss fights and a terrible menu system. It's really fun if you've got a full squad of friends, though.

#26 kit352

kit352

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:14 PM

i dont say this too often but this game is aweful. mp is more than dead and single player is so bad it makes brink look like a diamond. Ive boughten every $10 or less game ive ever found but im staying away from this one. Id be upset if i was given this. just like the original that plagues my collection. Ive actually given it away a few times but i keep getting more in packages i buy.

#27 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:39 PM

Except Left 4 Dead manages to be fun and offer more organic teamplay than the contrived, clunky crap that is LP2
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#28 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:21 AM

Ive boughten every $10 or less game ive ever found but im staying away from this one.

First off, for God's sake please use capitalization and punctuation. I'm sure you're young but you must be done with elementary school by now.

Second, it's bought! The past tense of buy is bought!

Thank you.

Also, yes this game is clunky, but it still has its charms.

#29 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:32 AM

its a great game with four friends
Posted Image

#30 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:33 AM

Was looking up stuff about the coop in LP2 online after seeing this, and thought I'd share with you folks that:

1.)Split-screen coop is limited to OFFLINE ONLY. That means you + friend#1 can't sit on your couch, and play with friends#3&4 (who are sitting on another couch).

2.)When playing Split-screen coop, only player 1 can be logged into their gamertag. Player 2 is forced to use a default character / gear, and all unlocks will NOT BE SAVED for player 2.

If you're playing online with friends, awesome. If not.....this may not be for you.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Netflix

:360: GTAV ; Metal Gear Rising
:pc: Red Faction

:wii: n/a

:ds: Found my DS!