• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:14 PM

http://www.toysrus.c...ductId=11508397

Free store pick up. Although it said my store was unavailable, I was still able to find 3 copies in store and price matched it. Also worked with the B1G1 50% off for 2 copies (that was yesterday, but I think it might be over now).

I got $15 in TRU credits so I wanted it into convert to BB credits. TIV @ BB $12.

#2 TealPavelski

TealPavelski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:38 PM

I heard this game was pretty horrible, but might be good for Achievements. Unfortunately the 360 version is $19.99 however?!
607033.png

#3 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

I heard this game was pretty horrible, but might be good for Achievements. Unfortunately the 360 version is $19.99 however?!

yea, bad scores pretty much everywhere. I just got it to transfer my credits. I will be keeping the box as replacements for future used games :lol:

#4 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:23 PM

I would love to get it but s/h blows.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:37 PM

I'd pick up the DS version for $10, supposed to be pretty decent
Posted Image

#6 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:40 PM

I bought my kid a Dora game for the Wii so I grabbed this as well with that "buy 1 19.99 or less, get 1 40% off" deal. Guess I paid a little more than 9.99 but oh well.

Played for a couple hours last night. Graphics are awful, but the worst thing about it is that it seems to constantly skip frames of animation while you fight. The game is extremely choppy during combat and it can be extremely hard to tell when you get hit, because there doesn't seem to be an animation for it.

#7 TheCro

TheCro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:43 PM

Tempted to just get it despite all I hear about it. Would rather get the Captain America game, though.

#8 Lonedragon87

Lonedragon87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:50 PM

bought it yesterday at walmart for 20 havent had a chance to try it yet glad this was ps3 only or i would of been irritated

#9 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:04 PM

I'll but bout anything for $10, though TRU is too far for me to drive

#10 valo2027

valo2027

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:21 PM

Does anyone know how long this will be on sale? I wanna PM at Best Buy but you know FOOTBALL starts today!
[URL=http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/VaLo2027]Posted Image
[/URL]

#11 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:25 PM

Does anyone know how long this will be on sale? I wanna PM at Best Buy but you know FOOTBALL starts today!

looks to me that $9.98 is a clearance price so it'll stay here until it's out of stock.

#12 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:32 PM

I bought my kid a Dora game for the Wii so I grabbed this as well with that "buy 1 19.99 or less, get 1 40% off" deal. Guess I paid a little more than 9.99 but oh well.

Played for a couple hours last night. Graphics are awful, but the worst thing about it is that it seems to constantly skip frames of animation while you fight. The game is extremely choppy during combat and it can be extremely hard to tell when you get hit, because there doesn't seem to be an animation for it.

I was considering buying this because I wanted to try the 3-D mode but if the graphics are this bad in 2D, I can only imagine how bad it is in 3D. Thanks for the review!

#13 valo2027

valo2027

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:35 PM

looks to me that $9.98 is a clearance price so it'll stay here until it's out of stock.

Thank You! I'm sure I'll get my $10 bucks worth from it then sell it on Craigslist:bouncy:
[URL=http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/VaLo2027]Posted Image
[/URL]

#14 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:40 PM

Quick, PM on Amazon!

#15 TheCro

TheCro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:25 PM

Out of stock nearby, so I guess I won't be getting it.

#16 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:36 PM

I was considering buying this because I wanted to try the 3-D mode but if the graphics are this bad in 2D, I can only imagine how bad it is in 3D. Thanks for the review!

I own a 3D tv as well and tried to play it that way, too. It's nothing special, and as I said the graphics are bad so 3D doesn't do it any favors. It feels like they just tacked the 3d on as a gimmick, because the game doesn't seem to take advantage of the effects. If you want to play something that looks awesome in 3D though, I'd recommend Motorstorm Apocalypse.

#17 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:51 PM

showed up as oos stock in my local TRU, but then i saw it when i bought Deus Ex HR and they priced match it for me no problem, all i said was that i tried to buy the game online using the "store pick up" but it said out of stock, so after getting his supervisor to price match, i got the game for $10

#18 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:04 PM

Out of stock nearby, so I guess I won't be getting it.

showed up as oos stock in my local TRU, but then i saw it when i bought Deus Ex HR and they priced match it for me no problem, all i said was that i tried to buy the game online using the "store pick up" but it said out of stock, so after getting his supervisor to price match, i got the game for $10

Yea, If they have less than 3 copies, it won't show up. It was the same for me.

#19 malethief

malethief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

I heard the game is easy for achievements/trophies but the programming is so bad it can be a headache on the harder difficulties

#20 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:47 PM

I heard the game is easy for achievements/trophies but the programming is so bad it can be a headache on the harder difficulties

Yeah, avoid this game at all costs. I picked it up because (obviously) I'm a Marvel nerd, and I despised it the entire way through. I just got my 1000/1000 this weekend -- while most of the achievements aren't bad, completing the game on Valhallan difficulty (also required for some of the collectibles) is goddamn rough. I spent around 4 hours on the final boss alone.
Posted Image

#21 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:58 PM

I know this game would drop fast, but not that fast!

#22 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:47 PM

yeah, this dropped like a rock. wish it was captain america or green lantern, i heard of the 3 this one is way hard to plat...

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#23 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:58 PM

This is why I don't care for achievements. Why would you spend 4 hours ( just the boss alone;)) doing something you don't enjoy?!?

Imagine the conversation: did you play the new ( insert AAA title) ? Naw man but I did 1000/1000 Thor!!! Umm, good for you, I'm off to play and enjoy my good game.

Yeah, avoid this game at all costs. I picked it up because (obviously) I'm a Marvel nerd, and I despised it the entire way through. I just got my 1000/1000 this weekend -- while most of the achievements aren't bad, completing the game on Valhallan difficulty (also required for some of the collectibles) is goddamn rough. I spent around 4 hours on the final boss alone.

#24 lydon

lydon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:04 AM

Imagine the conversation: did you play the new ( insert AAA title) ? Naw man but I did 1000/1000 Thor!!!

Ahaha, so true. I feel like this is me all the time, just not to get trophies but just playing stupid games.

JoeGazi.png

#25 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:06 AM

Cmon Cap.

#26 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:14 AM

Yea, If they have less than 3 copies, it won't show up. It was the same for me.

i guess that explains it, i think they had exactly three copies left.

#27 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:19 AM

i have that problem. i have resistance 3, madden 12, deus ex(on the way, thanx amazon), nmh, catherine, etc and every other new game imaginable(lol) and yet here i am trying to plat man vs wild/hunted/kung fu panda 2 lol. it's called a problem.
i was hoping once i hit top 500 global in trophies i would stop, but now i just wanna break 400.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#28 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:19 AM

This is why I don't care for achievements. Why would you spend 4 hours ( just the boss alone;)) doing something you don't enjoy?!?

I guess for the same reason I spent all that time searching for missiles and health upgrades in the Metroid Prime series -- I've always been a completionist, even outside of games, it's just now I've got a new set of goals to go for. Why do I keep going when a game is terrible? OCD, I guess. If it's not complete, it's always nagging at the back of my mind.

I do still get to the AAA titles, but achievement whoring is a good way to kill time while waiting for a price drop.
Posted Image

#29 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:21 AM

meh I doubt this is even worth $10

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#30 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:22 AM

I guess for the same reason I spent all that time searching for missiles and health upgrades in the Metroid Prime series -- I've always been a completionist, even outside of games, it's just now I've got a new set of goals to go for. Why do I keep going when a game is terrible? OCD, I guess. If it's not complete, it's always nagging at the back of my mind.

I do still get to the AAA titles, but achievement whoring is a good way to kill time while waiting for a price drop.

Im like that with movies . Even if the movie is painfully bad, I have to finish it.