157 replies to this topic

#1 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:18 PM

$50 Giftcard w/purchase of $300 X360 Kinect Bundle

$40 Giftcard w/purchase of $400 LE Gears of War 3 Bundle
$10 Giftcard w/purchase of $60 Gears of War 3 AND $1 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Pre-order

$20 Giftcard w/purchase of $134 Mario Kart Wii Bundle(White or Black)
$50 12 Month XBL Membership
$40 Turtle Beach X11 headset

Wii
$20 Super Mario Galaxy
$20 Super Paper Mario

DS
$30 Kirby Mass Attack

#2 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:43 PM

Is their a current promo where if you reserve Gears of War 3 for $1 you get a $5 gift card at time of pick up?

I know target does that with some of their games... if so would that stick with next weeks promotion of get a $10 GC with Gears of War 3 AND a $1 MW3 preorder?

#3 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:48 PM

Might try to price match the Mario Kart Wii offer at Sears or Best Buy. Banking I can get at least the price matched with the gift card offer at Sears/Best Buy. Better pick up a Sunday paper this weekend, hopefully the Target ad will be in it. Thanks for posting.

#4 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:55 PM

That's not bad at all on the Wii. 134 plus a 20 gift card? Best Deal I've seen so far. Might jump on that, especially if Amazon matches

#5 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:00 PM

I ordered gears from amazon so nothing for me here. Not bad deals though
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#6 GoreObsessed

GoreObsessed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:15 PM

Any chance I can get Best Buy to Price match that $40 gift card w/ purchase of the LE console deal? Or Best Buy doesent match gift card deals?

Mytrade list.....

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=95766

#7 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:48 PM

Any chance I can get Best Buy to Price match that $40 gift card w/ purchase of the LE console deal? Or Best Buy doesent match gift card deals?

It's YMMV, there are some that will argue they don't price match "free gifts" with a purchase.

#8 victimsofadown

victimsofadown

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:16 PM

It's YMMV, there are some that will argue they don't price match "free gifts" with a purchase.

Yes, it was answered by a BBY rep on their customer service forums that a giftcard was considered to be an overall value for the game (for example: $60 game, $20 GC = $40 value) and that it would be honored at the stores, however I've recently learned that getting BBY to price match is a freaking nightmare. The majority of stores don't want to do it, and will usually come up with an excuse (even if it goes against the company policy) to get out of doing it.

edit: I should add that I've recently heard rumblings that BBY changed their official price-matching policy, and the giftcard being a part of the overall product value may no longer apply. Even when it DID apply, however, there were many Bestbuys that refused to honor it.
Posted Image

#9 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:25 PM

Might try to price match the Mario Kart Wii offer at Sears or Best Buy. Banking I can get at least the price matched with the gift card offer at Sears/Best Buy. Better pick up a Sunday paper this weekend, hopefully the Target ad will be in it. Thanks for posting.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat204400050011

"Does Best Buy price match "free gift with purchase" offers?
No. Best Buy does not price match "free gift with purchase" orders."

Best chance to get this type of pm use this link
http://www.forums.be...ce-view=desktop

Our policy states “The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer”. The combined value of a competitors offer would be calculated by subtracting the amount of any instant gift card they are providing from the price they have the product selling for, and the combined price of the same product at Best Buy® would be calculated the same way.

For example; if a competitor has a game on sale for $50, and they are providing a $10 instant give card, the combined value at the competitor would be $40. We have the same game on sale for $50, without any offer of an instant gift card; the combined value at Best Buy® for this game would be $50. This means we would match the competitors offer in this instance, because the combined value at the competitor is lower than our combined value. Because we aren’t providing an instant gift card in this example we would discount the price of the game itself by $10. If we were providing an instant gift card in this example we would match the competitor’s gift card offer if different from our own.

^^^ they'd deduct the $40 so you'd pay $360 for the 360.

Edited by Enuf, 15 September 2011 - 11:06 PM.

#10 GoreObsessed

GoreObsessed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:37 PM

Lame :-/

Mytrade list.....

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=95766

#11 jernau

jernau

Player of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:35 PM

Sadly, given that this is by far the best release-week deal on the Gears console so far, I wish Best Buy or Amazon would match it, since I'd really rather not get it from Target.

#12 metrostar

metrostar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:40 PM

I just read the Best Buy circular for next week. This time they only print out a 4-days sales (9/18 to 9/21). According the notes, a NEW ad for rest of week (9/22 to 9/24) will be posted on Thursday at Best Buy's website. (This is New York City version of ad, not sure if it's also applied to nationwide)

There is nothing much for games, except Gears of War 3 deal:

Get Gears of War 3 Edition Xbox Live Gold 12-Month Subscription card for $39.99 when purchasing Gears of War 3 at the same time.

(here is how the card looks like: ...)

15% OFF Gears of War 3 Strategy Guide when purchasing Gears of War 3 at the same time.

You will also receive 40% extra trade-in credits when purchasing Gears of War 3 all week long (9/18 to 9/24).

It might be a decent deal when you consider Gears of War 3 as part of that "purchase 5 select games for $100 reward certificates" offer.

Edited by metrostar, 16 September 2011 - 06:17 PM.

#13 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:58 PM

they're not doing any type of gift card for Gears 3? Wow....

#14 kk012

kk012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:03 AM

That's not bad at all on the Wii. 134 plus a 20 gift card? Best Deal I've seen so far. Might jump on that, especially if Amazon matches

+1

I want a black Wii.

#15 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:03 AM

K-Mart ftw on Gears 3 deal

Posted Image
"War? War never changes.."

#16 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:07 AM

Wish i could get in a on a Gear's 3 deal, but I already paid off my console at Gamestop. (And i'd prefer not having to front out 400$+ cash at once <_<)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:52 AM

I thought someone said they saw an ad with $10 gift card for gears and two other games

#18 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:17 AM

What are the other game deals ? Just curious
Currently playing

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:

#19 bzchanboy

bzchanboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:29 AM

IMPORTANT

Bestbuy is starting a new ad for certain regions. It will be a sunday-wednesday/thursday-saturday ad. Seven day ad's will be different from the new ad's in both pricing and deals.

#20 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:30 AM

Wow, absolutely pathetic BB...

Kmart, Amazon, WM all are giving $20...

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#21 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:20 AM

Wow, absolutely pathetic BB...

Kmart, Amazon, WM all are giving $20...

Gears is part of the 5/$100 deal so its smart of them to not offer another gift card on top of it. People thought that the 5/$100 deal would be the greatest because it would combine with other offers but there hasn't been any others besides regular reward points. BB isn't that stupid.

#22 The_Lawlbringer

The_Lawlbringer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:50 AM

This is a pretty decent deal. $20 off Xbox live one year subscription and the trade in bonus for other purchases. Its not a GC straight to your pocket, but there is potentially a lot to be had there. Especially if you just got an Xbox for free from ordering a laptop, lol.

#23 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:50 AM

..Maybe the 7-day ad has a GC deal?

#24 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:52 AM

Gears is part of the 5/$100 deal so its smart of them to not offer another gift card on top of it. People thought that the 5/$100 deal would be the greatest because it would combine with other offers but there hasn't been any others besides regular reward points. BB isn't that stupid.

Wow really bro? I didn't know BB was doing a 5/$100 promo...

It doesn't fuckn matter, I've got like 7 games pre-ordered w/ BB but my money for Gears 3 is going somewhere else... Why the hell would I get gears from them when I could use another title that is only getting $10 from other vendors(Batman AC/etc..) to get my 5/$100

To the casual shopper who doesn't give a shit about pre-ordering multiple games(and in this economy there are probably fewer people than ever ponying up money for games let alone planning on 5 in order to get an incentive), the $20 GC is gonna be a huge attracting point.

Bottom line is this, BB is gonna be below Amazon, WM, GS(even though they don't have a promo) guaranteed and possibly TRU(got a great promo for collectors) and Kmart in Gears 3 sales...

I'll keep my pre-order w/ BB in case they pull a Halo deal like last year where they offered gift cards and 500 RZ points at the last minute.

aznhero913.png

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#25 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:59 AM

Wow really bro? I didn't know BB was doing a 5/$100 promo...

It doesn't fuckn matter, I've got like 7 games pre-ordered w/ BB but my money for Gears 3 is going somewhere else... Why the hell would I get gears from them when I could use another title that is only getting $10 from other vendors(Batman AC/etc..) to get my 5/$100

To the casual shopper who doesn't give a shit about pre-ordering multiple games(and in this economy there are probably fewer people than ever ponying up money for games let alone planning on 5 in order to get an incentive), the $20 GC is gonna be a huge attracting point.

Bottom line is this, BB is gonna be below Amazon, WM, GS(even though they don't have a promo) guaranteed and possibly TRU(got a great promo for collectors) and Kmart in Gears 3 sales...

I'll keep my pre-order w/ BB in case they pull a Halo deal like last year where they offered gift cards and 500 RZ points at the last minute.

this. What If someone doesnt have any intention to preorder 5 games from bestbuy ? That bestbuy preorder deal is useless to them
Currently playing

Games recently beaten

#26 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:07 AM

this. What If someone doesnt have any intention to preorder 5 games from bestbuy ? That bestbuy preorder deal is useless to them

Especially w/ this economy...People are looking at promo and saying hell no b/c they can't imagine the idea of forking over that much cash on games of all things during the tough time.

Besides, Gears is a title that attracts a bunch of casual gamers/shoppers! They are just looking for a single good offer.
For the longest time during undergrad and med. school my gaming purchases were only for CoD, Halo, and Gears titles...

BB is gonna land flat on their face w/ gears 3 sales numbers.

aznhero913.png

#27 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:08 AM

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat204400050011

"Does Best Buy price match "free gift with purchase" offers?
No. Best Buy does not price match "free gift with purchase" orders."

Best chance to get this type of pm use this link
http://www.forums.be...ce-view=desktop

Our policy states “The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer”. The combined value of a competitors offer would be calculated by subtracting the amount of any instant gift card they are providing from the price they have the product selling for, and the combined price of the same product at Best Buy® would be calculated the same way.

For example; if a competitor has a game on sale for $50, and they are providing a $10 instant give card, the combined value at the competitor would be $40. We have the same game on sale for $50, without any offer of an instant gift card; the combined value at Best Buy® for this game would be $50. This means we would match the competitors offer in this instance, because the combined value at the competitor is lower than our combined value. Because we aren’t providing an instant gift card in this example we would discount the price of the game itself by $10. If we were providing an instant gift card in this example we would match the competitor’s gift card offer if different from our own.

^^^ they'd deduct the $40 so you'd pay $360 for the 360.

Enuf I plan to buy gow 3 at BB. Since the pm policy has changed will I be able to pm the mods to get a gc again still?

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall

#28 argyle

argyle

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:13 AM

What if someone doesn't have a K-Mart local to them? What if someone can't order from Amazon for some reason? I never have understood this - pick the deal that works for you. Just because a deal doesn't fit your needs/spending habits/etc. doesn't mean someone else won't find it useful.

I decided to go for the BB deal mainly because you can use trade-in credit, and BB gives really good credit. K-Mart may offer better gift cards overall, but when I'm having to spend cash out of pocket it isn't as good of a deal TO ME.

But like someone else said, I'm getting GoW3 from Amazon because they offer the $20 gift card straight up - my 5 from BB are titles that Amazon isn't offering as much (or anything) on.
Posted Image

#29 metrostar

metrostar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:24 AM

..Maybe the 7-day ad has a GC deal?

It's possible that they start learning from Toys R Us, to have 2 or 3 days bonus sales besides the weekly ad.

#30 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:13 AM

Enuf I plan to buy gow 3 at BB. Since the pm policy has changed will I be able to pm the mods to get a gc again still?

Nah, they'll go by the book unless they screwed something up best chance is if you were already getting them in-store already. My BB told me straight up "you spend alot here we're not changing b/c we don't want to lose your business you spend too much to send it to the next shopping center."