• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:55 AM

Hunted:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=Hunted%3A+The+Demon%27s+Forge&x=0&y=0

Brink:
http://www.amazon.co...brink&x=20&y=14

Edited by CheapyD, 20 September 2011 - 02:38 PM.

#2 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:14 AM

This has been that price for a while now. It was even listed on the front page of this site.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=303004

#3 The Smilkman

The Smilkman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:50 PM

It would have been nice if it was this price when Fist of the North Star was on sale so that I could have picked up both at the same time and got the free shipping.

#4 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:55 PM

This has been that price for a while now. It was even listed on the front page of this site.

Is it bad that this kind of reply to CheapyD of all people, made me laugh?
~ Professionals Be Thou For The People. ~

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#5 devil_blog_dracula

devil_blog_dracula

What Nintendon't.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:05 PM

It would have been nice if it was this price when Fist of the North Star was on sale so that I could have picked up both at the same time and got the free shipping.

My thoughts exactly.

#6 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 20 September 2011 - 02:16 PM

LOL, crushed.

#7 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 20 September 2011 - 02:40 PM

Actually the price went back up, and has now come down again.

#8 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

Brink is as bad as the hype would have you believe.

Hunted is full of poorly realized great ideas. Had the core combat been just a bit more fun it would have been a charming classic genre buster. Instead, it is just a charming forgettable mess. I enjoyed it well enough though but I cant recommend it unreservedly. I did so earlier and I apologize. Was still enamored with the early game

#9 KidSqueek

KidSqueek

Hero of Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:05 PM

It was $16.99 for a good while then went back up to $29.99 for like a week or so. I remember cause I was gonna buy it but then saw that it went back up and I was like "nevermind."

#10 shujikun

shujikun

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:10 PM

Brink is fun on PC, but then again I hear it has had a good deal of patching. Don't expect a good single player experience, however. It's basically like any Unreal Tournament title in that single player is just multiplayer w/bots. If you can find a good server w/ real people, that is where it shines and is quite enjoyable.

Hunted is like an RPG Gears of War style game but it feels all very predetermined (linear) and reminds me of doom2/quake in terms of progressing through areas (find key, open door, find key, open door).

#11 headbanger1186

headbanger1186

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:19 PM

I bought Brink for 9.99 free shipping new from gohastings like a week and a half ago and I feel like I wasted my money and I was being generous and giving it as much of a chance as I could. I felt ripped off at 9.99 and that's bad for me. The game teeters on unplayable in some places..,it's really an awful mess.

#12 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:13 PM

At $10 I'd jump on either, gonna wait it out.

#13 musicjunkie

musicjunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:18 PM

At $10 I'd jump on either, gonna wait it out.

You can go to BBY, pick up an @gamer mag for $5, use the '$20 off Hunted' coupon and the game drops to $10. So out the door its $15 (plus tax) and the 360 version is currently trading in at AMZ for $15.

#14 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

You can go to BBY, pick up an @gamer mag for $5, use the '$20 off Hunted' coupon and the game drops to $10. So out the door its $15 (plus tax) and the 360 version is currently trading in at AMZ for $15.

After tax I might as well just order from Amazon and get it delivered, thus avoiding general best buy douchebaggery

#15 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:16 AM

It's foolish to pay $5 instead of getting the $15 sub/unlocked every month there's people debating the same $hit when there's a good stack. After the second $5 mag their like oh should've got the sub. There was a $10/yr offer months ago people still didn't jump on it now those people have 2 yrs of subs for $10 or $0.50/issue plus they send 2 yr sub deals in email.

#16 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:16 AM

It's foolish to pay $5 instead of getting the $15 sub/unlocked every month there's people debating the same $hit when there's a good stack. After the second $5 mag their like oh should've got the sub. There was a $10/yr offer months ago people still didn't jump on it now those people have 2 yrs of subs for $10 or $0.50/issue plus they send 2 yr sub deals in email.

Add to that, the fact that the coupons inside basically pay for the magazine.