CAGcast #254: Spider-Woman

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:07 AM

CheapyD reveals the secrets of the Japanese onsen and that he is basically a big pussy. Wombat unveils the ultimate next-gen console, and Shipwreck's retirement plans fall through.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

Download - 87 minutes, 53MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Support the CAGcast: FREE AUDIBLE 2 WEEK TRIAL & AUDIOBOOK
http://www.NETxTrack...ADID=476689

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):
Intro/Outro: Spider-Man Michael Buble (Yes, I know I used this before, but it fit so well!)

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Edited by CheapyD, 22 September 2011 - 05:23 AM.

#2 Bluntsly

Bluntsly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:38 AM

Woohoo! Thanks for another cagcast fellas!

#3 Cheshire Wolf

Cheshire Wolf

CAG BALLER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:01 AM

Awesome timing for the CAGcast.
It's 2:00 AM in Tallahassee.
I've got Coffee, Black Ops, My Pipe, and a Paper that's genius.
Thank you CAG for being Kick Ass Gamers.
Can a young Fuck get money anymore? - Kanye West

#4 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:15 AM

Cheapy never visit Australia.Austrilia has some of the most deadliest spiders.

Edited by mrx001, 22 September 2011 - 06:29 AM.

#5 Esoul

Esoul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:19 AM

Cheapy, you need to play some Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon to get even with those giant spiders.

#6 Porksta

Porksta

Sillier Mofo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:08 AM

Load times - the reason I don't play Morrowind on Xbox anymore. Shame, because it is one of my favorite games of all time.
I am famous for getting CheapyD to watch Swollen Tip while he was broadcasting live.

#7 Fuzi0n

Fuzi0n

"What's a Nubian?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:24 AM

w00t!

#8 GOTA

GOTA

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:11 PM

When are you guys going to ditch the games and just made a straight up talk show? Even a special every other month where you speak of everything would be great

#9 iCephalopod

iCephalopod

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:07 PM

It was probably a huntsman spider aka ashidaka gumo. Looks like they're considered by many Japanese people as good bugs because they eat other insects and aren't poisonous. I still dont know if I'd be comfortable sharing a room with it though.

Posted Image

#10 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:33 PM

Wombat was confused about the RE 4 HD controls. If you select TYPE II you can aim with LT and shoot with RT (but you do still have to aim with the left stick.) I hope using TYPE II will help him enjoy the game more.

Posted Image

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#11 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:38 PM

Holy crap that spider story creeped me out. I would've been outta there instantly after the first one. /shudder

#12 PyrosMagus

PyrosMagus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

I can vouch that Audible is awesome. That is all.
When all else Fails...Fresh tactics.

#13 jovherye

jovherye

Ultimate Captain Barbell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:33 PM

LOL! Disappointed Japanese men!?!? :( First time to hear this! Just found it on my Android Pocket Casts!! Stern, MMA, and now CAGcast are all I listen to now! Thumbs up guys!
My Dreamcast still breathes!!!

#14 demonhellcat

demonhellcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

Biggest spider I found on google image search for Japanese spiders. Obviously you should just ride a spider this large.

Posted Image

#15 MattJ1991

MattJ1991

Cheap Ass Matthew

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:04 PM

That spider story gave me the willies Cheapy! Wombat and Ship can make fun all they want, there's a huge difference between looking at google and seeing an ominous shadow of this in person! Especially after it's kin had tasted human flesh! You're definitely a pussy Cheapy, but not because of this. Be strong my friend.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:29 PM

I'm sorry Cheapy, but if being freaked out about that size of a spider makes you a pussy, than that makes me the biggest wettest pussy on this planet. I fucking hate spiders.

#17 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:02 PM

Cheapy what would you have done if the spider got near Tai? If you can man up to save him, then being a spineless wimp the rest of the time is ok I guess.

#18 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:17 PM

It was probably a huntsman spider aka ashidaka gumo. Looks like they're considered by many Japanese people as good bugs because they eat other insects and aren't poisonous. I still dont know if I'd be comfortable sharing a room with it though.

Posted Image

If I saw that spider, I would leave Japan and never return. That is just ridiculous.

I'm not afraid of killing bugs at all. As Cheapy said, I don't know how you'd kill that one. How much of a splat would that make if you hit it with a shoe? I'd maybe carry a 10' spear with me and stab it.

#19 Majin Stan

Majin Stan

You have a little CAG left on your face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:24 PM

Cheapy, i think this is the formula you are looking for: ((Length x Diameter) + Weight over Girth) divided by angle of tip squared

Here is a doctor, to better explain:

Wombat, I got tired of my son getting mad at me because he wanted to watch a certain episode when it wasnt the episode airing, i now have over 20 episodes on dvr.

Edited by 81ols, 22 September 2011 - 08:36 PM.

#20 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:12 PM

Can't wait to listen!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#21 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:27 PM

What the hell was that at the 16:04 mark? The Cheapy freakout? Someone should remix that in a song.

I can always count on a laugh from you guys. Anyone remember the classic shipwreck zinger a few pods back. Are you gonna keep talking or are you going to let me take it away. LOL Keep up the good work.

Edited by gepet0, 23 September 2011 - 03:12 AM.

#22 sliderwave

sliderwave

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:45 PM

Japanese spiders could be that big from all the radiation. I'm just sayin'.

#23 Kosh

Kosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:30 PM

Shipwreck,

I don't think the Netflix CEO was comparing Qwikster to those companies. Here is the exact quote.

For the past five years, my greatest fear at Netflix has been that we wouldn't make the leap from success in DVDs to success in streaming. Most companies that are great at something – like AOL dialup or Borders bookstores – do not become great at new things people want (streaming for us) because they are afraid to hurt their initial business. Eventually these companies realize their error of not focusing enough on the new thing, and then the company fights desperately and hopelessly to recover. Companies rarely die from moving too fast, and they frequently die from moving too slowly.

I think his point was, those two companies were great at something, but they failed to adjust to the market and died. I don't think he did a great job of communicating that however. Just like he's not doing a great job of running his company, the shit Netflix is doing is just stupid.

#24 Archaic

Archaic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:04 PM

Signed up for Audible for you guys. I never do this sort of thing, but after the hours of free entertainment you guys commit to each week, it's the least we can do.

#25 thefordprefect

thefordprefect

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:05 PM

Hey, Wombat, if you're not a huge Grant Morrison fan be ready for a short bout of boredom in Super Gods. Morrison gives a brief autobiography before continuing intothe 90's. Thanks for the free audio book.

#26 snakelda

snakelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:20 PM

The crest is from a really popular soccer team around the whole world. It's Barcelona. lol. Not a stoner crest. I'm referring to Qwiksters new profile pic on twitter btw.

#27 Decepticreep

Decepticreep

Rule of Acquis. 16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:56 PM

I've rarely laughed so hard at anything, let alone a podcast, at the whole spider story. But then, to top it off, Shipwreck makes the Vita comment about how big it is, then suggested Cheapy puts it in his purse... I almost crashed the car. Thank you, the show was one of the best "things" I've ever heard. Keep up the good work.

#28 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:36 AM

Always love the intro to the show.

#29 Manloi

Manloi

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:09 AM

Great Show, Cheapy.

About 3D, SONY is release a new Product. It's a 3D headset. If you google "SONY HMZ-T1", you will see this new product. I believe it will be a more proper way to view 3D since you are wearing the glasses anyway. However, I think it's overprice and 720p.

#30 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:01 AM

Cheapy was this you after you saw that spider?