Photo
- - - - -

Play Uncharted 3 at select AMC theatres (NY, LA, SF, DC, Dallas) and get early copy

• Please log in to reply
598 replies to this topic

#1 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:43 PM

Update: The event is now over, I hope those that attended enjoyed themselves! If you haven't received a confirmation email, send your inquiries to: Premium_Pass@playStation.sony.com

I wasn't sure if this is the right section but it's sort of a cool deal for those in the qualifying area. Naughty Dog has partnered with AMC theatres to have an event from Oct 18th - 20th where you can play Uncharted 3 in select theaters in 3D, and win prizes from Sony, and much more.

The general admission is $25 to participate, BUT if you pay the $60 instead for the Premium pass you'll also have a copy of UC3 mailed to you early (shipped via Fed Ex on Oct. 25th). To Clarify since some below were confused: You don't have to pay $85, the $60 premium entry also includes general admission.

Pretty cool if you were planning to buy the game anyway! Odds are you'll be walking out of there with plenty of free swag 8-)

To Buy tickets online just go through one of the theater links below, OR easier go directly to the UC3 Fandango Page (linked underneath this paragraph), enter your zip and choose the date you want. Some theaters don't have purchase links up yet (like Century City for ex) so you'll either have to wait till they do, or try and get them in person. There's also a $1.50 convenience charge if buying on Fandango, but thankfully no taxes:

Buy Tickets from Fandango HERE (not all theatres go through Fandango some go through movietickets.com so click the theater links below for those)

UPDATE: The thread has now been Wikified, below you'll find a list of all the theares and showtimes. Feel free to post which one you're attending to plan any meetups or whatever. Feel free to re-organize the list structure!

Posted ImageUncharted 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D

On October 18, 19, 20, take part in a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience from PlayStation. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D is happening exclusively at select AMC Theatres. This is your chance to play one of the most highly-anticipated video game releases of the year on the big screen and in 3D before it releases. These unique events include:

• An inside look at the game from the development team at Naughty Dog
  • A multiplayer tournament
  • In-theatre gaming shown on the big screen in 3D
  • PlayStation and Sony prize giveaways all night long
Get the game before it releases with the UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass.*
Tickets are on sale now while supplies last, so get yours today!

• General Admission: $25
  • UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass: $60
Participating Theatres:

* Pass includes (1) game copy and shipping. One (1) copy of UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception will be shipped to customer on 10/25/11 via FedEx. Customer will be required to register at the event and provide a valid residential shipping address. We are unable to ship to P.O. boxes, customer will be required to sign for package upon delivery.

SOURCE

Who's Attending

Feel free to drop your username at the event you're going to. Add any other communication info you want in parentheses

San Francisco
18th:
19th: MunkichioO, Oddeye
20th:

Los Angeles
18th: SecretAgentHam
19th: Metalh123, jantzn
20th:

D.C.
18th: msriflegirl, DeskLaser, phogoodness, youngnoble
19th: ajumbaje, buckythekat
20th:

NYC
18th: Serpentor, Dannya25, Blehza, Quest1962, jiggyteddy
19th: iguss
20th: Dramasetter929, randy_wrecked, pete5883

Dallas
18th: aramsey1986
19th: mkernan
20th: TommyTSquared

Edited by ssjmichael, 22 October 2011 - 05:37 AM.

#2 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:45 PM

Has anyone actually figured out a way to buy the tickets online?
I've checked out the website for the theater, but it doesn't appear there's an actual place to buy a ticket, outside of perhaps having to actually go to the theater.

#3 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:46 PM

Has anyone actually figured out a way to buy the tickets online?
I've checked out the website for the theater, but it doesn't appear there's an actual place to buy a ticket, outside of perhaps having to actually go to the theater.

Just click through on one of the links above, select the date you want and it'll take you to a Fandango page. Here's the general UC3 Fandango page, I'll add it to the OP: http://www.fandango....date=10/18/2011

Speaking of, I wonder if I bought one of those discounted promotional Fandango credits from ebay if I could apply it to this and thus get the event (and the game) for cheaper

#4 hxcmusic

hxcmusic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:56 PM

I still can't find a way to actually buy tickets from your Fandango link. I called AMC Century City and they said they won't have finalized showtimes until Monday, and you should be able to buy tickets then.

#5 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:57 PM

So $85 to play the retail game like 3 days before release. No thanks. Shipped does not mean delivered so if it ships the 25th it probably wouldn't arrive till the 28th But I would pay the $25 for the movie experience at Union Square because I already have the game paid off in full at Gamestop.

#6 knight613

knight613

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:01 PM

So $85 to play the retail game like 3 days before release. No thanks. Shipped does not mean delivered so if it ships the 25th it probably wouldn't arrive till the 28th But I would pay the $25 for the movie experience at Union Square because I already have the game paid off in full at Gamestop.

It's not $85. You can either pay $25 to just go to the event or you can pay $60 to go to the event and get the game.

#7 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:01 PM

I still can't find a way to actually buy tickets from your Fandango link. I called AMC Century City and they said they won't have finalized showtimes until Monday, and you should be able to buy tickets then.

Oh, I only tried the NYC link which definitely works. Century City doesn't have showtimes for anything for Oct 18th-20

#8 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:03 PM

wow, awesome find, I'm going to check on this, I hope my schedule is clear, thanks!

#9 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:05 PM

It's $60 TOTAL to get the game AND participate in the event. Obviously shipped doesn't mean delivered, but odds are you are going to get it before the official release date through Fed Ex. Even by your estimates you would get it 3 days before the general public. And Besides that, if you planned to buy the game anyway, this is essentially like getting to go to a special event for free. And you know there's going to be a lot to do there, and swag given out.

I honestly don't see how anyone would consider this a bad offer. If you're getting the game cheaper through newegg, or with amazon/GS credit that's totally fine, but if you're paying full price and you're in the area it's a no-brainer, Plus as I said, I think if you bought a promo code on ebay you could get it for even less. Like someone right now is selling a $40 Fandango GC for $30. That's a $10 saving right there

edit; Love the 1 star rating btw whoever

Edited by ssjmichael, 24 September 2011 - 10:20 PM.

#10 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:05 PM

I wish there was one near me. For $60 this is an awesome thing to do. Get the game for MSRP and get a few hours of a unique experience, plus get the game a few days early.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#11 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:09 PM

I see this as actually a better deal than buying it in stores, if you can go ...

1. If the $60 isn't taxed (it probably is but who knows) then you get it for less than buying retail on release day. Plus, you get it early, so you could always sell it early locally if you really wanted to make the money back.

2. The event should be solid, I attended the event for Uncharted 2 in SF and the prizes for the tournament were very solid and they also had raffle prizes as well. So you might go away with something like a PS3 or a couple games, all for the cost of the game if you bought it on release.

#12 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:12 PM

I see this as actually a better deal than buying it in stores, if you can go ...

1. If the $60 isn't taxed (it probably is but who knows) then you get it for less than buying retail on release day. Plus, you get it early, so you could always sell it early locally if you really wanted to make the money back.

2. The event should be solid, I attended the event for Uncharted 2 in SF and the prizes for the tournament were very solid and they also had raffle prizes as well. So you might go away with something like a PS3 or a couple games, all for the cost of the game if you bought it on release.

Nope no taxes, but there is a $1.50 convenience charge if you buy it through Fandango. You can likely buy the tickets at the select theaters and just pay the $60 though.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the UC2 event, I too heard it was awesome. I imagine just being able to play the game in 3D on the big screen would be worth it.

#13 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:20 PM

I bumped up the stars, I never been to such events, this is exciting! $61.50 for game and swag, why not?!
oh I believe there's a thread about UC2 promotional event about not getting the free food?

#14 kumagoror

kumagoror

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:41 PM

:applause: Just bought a ticket to the AMC in San Francisco. Its only 60 dollars and called "bundle". They also offer it all 3 days at 5pm, im going on Wednesday. So excited hope to see some fellow cags there.

#15 ajumbaje

ajumbaje

West Coast born East Coast raised

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:43 PM

bought a ticket to the dc one. Prolly can have some meetups for other cagers

Edited by ajumbaje, 24 September 2011 - 10:59 PM.

#16 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:48 PM

It sounds like you actually have to attend the event to get your copy a week early. I'd totally cancel my pre-order and get a $60 ticket if I thought they'd just ship it to me early.
Spoiler

#17 ShadowRayden

ShadowRayden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:19 PM

I'm in. Here's to meeting fellow CAG's in NYC.
Later Days!

My Games
My DVD's

#18 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:36 PM

the event is just propaganda, u never win the raffle, the keychain prizes are worthless junk. the real big deal here is u pay 60 to get the following==

1.get the game U3
2.gain admission into the theater, thereby you can watch 3-4 movie releases that day. each film costs like $11 to watch. profit

u basically get the game and 3-4 films being shown that day in the theater. THATS why its a good deal.

think like a C A G, not a _ _ _ .

So basically the 3 games (Little Big Planet, GT3 and Infamous) that my gf won and gave me didn't exist and the guy who won a PS3 was a plant and the people who won the tournament and got a Fortune Hunters edition were totally bogus too.

Yeah man, it's all just a crazy waste of time and money to go for the actual event ... ..

#19 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:37 PM

I would so do this if this was possible in my city... Fuck these "only in some huge city" promotions.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#20 UltimateIdiot911

UltimateIdiot911

Have a nice tragedy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:58 PM

Ugh can't decide between $25 admission or the $60 admission. I've already preordered the Collector's Edition. =[

Does anyone know what kind of swags are likely to be given out at these promotional events?

#21 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:01 AM

:lol: I'm waiting for the posts after this event takes place complaining about how they 'promised free food and OMG they didn't give us anything'. As if you go to an event like this to hover over the hors d'oeuvre trays and ya know...not to actually PLAY THE GAME.:roll:

Too bad the closest one to me is NYC and I'm about a 2 hour drive from there. If it were closer I'd probably go in a second.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#22 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:03 AM

Ugh can't decide between $25 admission or the $60 admission. I've already preordered the Collector's Edition. =[

Does anyone know what kind of swags are likely to be given out at these promotional events?

Probably not anything worth $25 unless you win something. Last time attendees got a bag and a poster ... and a copy of Uncharted 2 .. but that was a last minute thing that wasn't really supposed to happen. I guarantee they won't do that this time ... so I would just go with the $60 ticket personally. I just did ... if you're going to go, you might as well put that $25 towards something more than the event itself right?

#23 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:07 AM

bought a ticket to the dc one. Prolly can have some meetups for other cagers

If you go the 18th, you can meet-up with me, abhinav, GenDV138, and I. That's when we are all going.

Yes, I am meeting up at the 18th at Tysons Corner in McLean, VA (near DC).
Posted Image

#24 ajumbaje

ajumbaje

West Coast born East Coast raised

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:11 AM

If you go the 18th, you can meet-up with me, abhinav, GenDV138, and I. That's when we are all going.

Yes, I am meeting up at the 18th at Tysons Corner in McLean, VA (near DC).

Im going the 19th :(

#25 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:15 AM

I'm in. Here's to meeting fellow CAG's in NYC.

Ditto. See you there if you're going on the Thursday.

#26 dannya25

dannya25

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:18 AM

got my ny ticket, sweet

#27 dorkyden

dorkyden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:24 AM

for those that went to the previous events, what did you guys do exactly?

my problem is that getting to the LA (century city) one during traffic hours is gonna be bad. I dont mind missing out the tournament and hand ons if I could go later. I just want to register to get my game and hopefully some goodies.

My ideal scenario is go in and get some free food, register for the free game, win some goodies, then hop to a diff screen to catch a movie.

#28 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:24 AM

Probably get the poster by Adam Hughes and maybe a copy of the upcoming comic

#29 Cinderellaman108

Cinderellaman108

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:28 AM

See you guys October 20th in NYC