• Please log in to reply
442 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:42 AM

Battlefield 3 - Release Date 10/25/11

All pre-orders are Limited Edition that inlcudes the Back to Karkand expansion pack for free. The expansion includes four maps from Battlefield 2 re-imagined in the Frostbite 2 engine, as well as Battlefield 2 weapons, vehicles, and unique rewards.

Posted Image Amazon
$20 $10 Credit 360/PS3 Versions + Release Day Delivery
$50.99 PC Download & Boxed Version
Dog Tag Pack containing 10 dog tags for multiplayer.

Posted Image Best Buy
$10 off Battlefield 3 Strategy Guides
Get 40% extra trade-in credit with Battlefield 3 purchase (50% for GC Unlocked members)
PS3 160GB console + Battlefield 3 + Bluetooth Headset + 3-Month PSN Plus Subscription Card $309.96

Above deals good 10/23 - 10/29
SPECACT kit upgrade with 8 multiplayer skins (Code on receipt if checked out properly; emailed if RZ member)

Posted Image GameStop
$10 gift card and double POWERUP reward points (PC download only)
Physical Warfare Pack containing DAO-12 Shotgun, Flash Suppressor. Type 88 LMG, Flachette Ammo (3 timed exclusive weapons, to be free DLC for everyone at a later date - and 1 early unlock)
30% Trade Bonus (50% trade bonus coupon available on www.poweruprewards.com through Sunday Oct. 23)

Posted Image Kmart
B&M: (PS3, 360) Shop Your Way Rewards Members get a $20 Gaming Coupon + Save $20 on X12 Turtle Beach or Save $30 on Sony 7.1 Headset

:360: Microsoft Store
Online: Get $10 off your next purchase when you pre-order Battlefield 3 + free next day shipping
B&M: Place $10 towards your pre-order, receive an additional $5 off. If your store has a midnight launch, you MAY qualify for an extra $25 gift card for attending (call store for more details).

Posted Image Newegg
$47.99 PC boxed version

:pc: Origin
(PC only) Physical Warfare Pack containing DAO-12 Shotgun, Flash Suppressor. Type 88 LMG, Flachette Ammo. Battlefield Play4Free Items: 870 Combat Shotgun, Beret

:pc:Digital Game Sales [Origin] Battlefield 3 SE: $31.99 - Battlefield 3 LE: $41.99

Link for both.

LE still includes Back to Karkand. No pre-order deals included.

Euro and RUS versions activate on Origin with no conflict as well. However, when you're playing the RUS BF3, it will say Battlefield 3 LE Russian instead of just Battlefield 3 LE, or something like that. The Euro release doesn't say anything in particular.

UPC Info
:ps3: non-LE: 014633197280 from buy.com needs physical/visual confirmation
:ps3: LE: 014633195927
:360: non-LE: 014633197372 from buy.com needs physical/visual confirmation
:360: LE: 014633195934

Edited by CheapyD, 25 October 2011 - 02:51 AM.
added newegg

#2 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:46 AM

With nobody offering any real deals Amazon needs to chip in a $GC to get all our dollars.

Make it happen Cheapy, make IT happen.

EDIT: Just checked my email and found a 25% off happy birthday coupon for the Origin site. Not my birthday but I pre-ordered the 360 version for $47.69 shipped. They also give you a PC freebie for some reason: "Battlefield 3™ Pre-order Promotion - Play4Free Beret and Gun." Good enough for me I guess.

Edited by $hady, 27 September 2011 - 08:57 AM.

#3 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:48 AM

Sticking with my promo pre-order from Newegg unless Amazon gives some promotional credit. Kinda lame that Amazon gets some lame dog tags while Gamestop gets guns though, lol

#4 Mogui

Mogui

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:04 AM

With nobody offering any real deals Amazon needs to chip in a $GC to get all our dollars.

Make it happen Cheapy, make IT happen.

EDIT: Just checked my email and found a 25% off happy birthday coupon for the Origin site. Not my birthday but I pre-ordered the 360 version for $47.69 shipped. They also give you a PC freebie for some reason: "Battlefield 3™ Pre-order Promotion - Play4Free Beret and Gun." Good enough for me I guess.

argh, what the heck, i have been waiting to get that birthday coupon as my birthday is thursday, and still nothing!

#5 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:14 AM

I wish EA/Origin didn't suck so bad. Sometimes I get sad that I refuse to buy this game because I'll miss out on some cool multiplayer. At least there are a bajillion other games I can play. Great roundup of info, though. I am so conflicted when it come to this franchise. lol

Edited by HeSaveDave, 27 September 2011 - 09:34 AM.

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#6 GuyManDude

GuyManDude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:47 AM

There will almost certainly be a $20 gaming coupon with the game at Kmart. That's where I'm doing all my video game shopping lately. They don't do pre-orders, but all early copies of the game should be limited editions (similar to Bad Company 2 and Medal of Honor).

So if you have a Kmart nearby, fear not.

#7 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:18 AM

yeah Amazon's pre-order bonus sucks, even Best Buy has a better one. Will get it at Amazon since I have $20 credit from FIFA 12 but will pre-order at GS and BB for the bonuses :D

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#8 Smike

Smike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:27 AM

http://blogs.battlef...-edition.aspx##

Just FYI.. here's some info on what these are, because it might sway some people.

For example, the weapons pack sounds like the best, but it's only a timed exclusive and will be available to everyone for free at a later date.

The SPECACT kits will probably wind up as Dr Pepper DLC again.. so it's just a matter of if you want to go through the trouble of finding the codes for them again.

The only real "exclusive" is the Amazon dog tag pack, although that's really the least useful of the 3.

Curiously, this blog from the official site lists Battlefield 3 Avatar items as a potential preorder bonus, but I haven't seen any stores listing that.

#9 Idx86

Idx86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:39 AM

yeah Amazon's pre-order bonus sucks, even Best Buy has a better one. Will get it at Amazon since I have $20 credit from FIFA 12 but will pre-order at GS and BB for the bonuses :D

Yeah, I have $20 credit from Gears 3 + Amazon points from their CC which i plan to use. I like buying games that give the credit though so I can keep getting AAA titles for $40 instead of $60.
Posted Image

#10 Jaskull

Jaskull

Satellaview!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:48 AM

Any new Battlefield game is a day one purchase for me but I'm finding it extremely curious that we've yet to see any gift card credits anywhere for what has to be one of the biggest releases of the year. The game looks incredible and I'm sure it will stand on its own regardless in terms of sales but I'm just surprised no retailer wants to seize the opportunity. I know that BC2 had a $20 Amazon credit but that seemed to be in the middle of their credit heyday, which has slowed down in recent months.

Hopefully Amazon comes through and sways those on the fence for this amazing game and series. Once you go Battlefield you never go back.

#11 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:56 AM

Any new Battlefield game is a day one purchase for me but I'm finding it extremely curious that we've yet to see any gift card credits anywhere for what has to be one of the biggest releases of the year. The game looks incredible and I'm sure it will stand on its own regardless in terms of sales but I'm just surprised no retailer wants to seize the opportunity. I know that BC2 had a $20 Amazon credit but that seemed to be in the middle of their credit heyday, which has slowed down in recent months.

Hopefully Amazon comes through and sways those on the fence for this amazing game and series. Once you go Battlefield you never go back.

It is part of the Best Buy 5/100 promotion at Best Buy as well as K-Mart will have at least a $20 coupon on it.

#12 Jaskull

Jaskull

Satellaview!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:07 AM

True, although it would be extra nice for the rest of us that don't have a K-Mart very close by to have something from Amazon. K-Mart has really been great with gaming deals over the past year but I simply don't pay much attention to them with their stores so few and far between. If they ever step up and tie in all of their deals online they'd be a very competitive option.

#13 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:45 AM

give me 20 dollar credit now Amazon =/

#14 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:52 AM

Don't forget those with MoH LE the beta starts today.... Everyone else it starts Thursday!

#15 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:11 PM

I want the Gamestop pre-order stuff, but I'd better go ahead and add this to my Best Buy 5. Multiplayer skins ain't bad I suppose.

#16 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:12 PM

Will the "SPECACT kits" BB bonus have achivements like they did last game? This would help me decide if im buying at BB.
Posted Image

#17 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:18 PM

Damn, I thought Cheapy was looking out for us and knows the deals that the major retailers are gonna have and let us know in advance.

#18 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:24 PM

I regret missing out on the Original pre-order deal that gave Dead Space 2 free; hopefully they'll drop another one before release day. Otherwise, if a Kmart coupon applies to PC version, that's my best bet.
Posted Image

#19 egonpax

egonpax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:25 PM

I've never done anything of the sort, just because for me personally it seems to take too much time.

Are you pre-ordering the game from GS/BB then picking it up and getting the bonus item on a card/receipt (or whatever), activate it, then go back to the store to return the un-opened game?

#20 Fonz72

Fonz72

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:47 PM

This game is going to be EPIC! This LINK says POWERUP members also get a digital game guide for free. I just really want to platinum BC2 before this comes out. Damn Et tu, Brute? trophy!
Posted Image

#21 cynicalaa22

cynicalaa22

The Chiseler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:17 PM

Not sure if you guys are willing or want to (I'm not a sales rep or anything), but I just signed up for an Amazon credit card, and it has no annual fees and a decent interest rate. The thing is, though, is that when I signed up, I got a free $30 Amazon gift card, which I'll be using towards B3 when it comes out.
Posted Image

#22 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:36 PM

Don't forget those with MoH LE the beta starts today.... Everyone else it starts Thursday!

Two days early? Whoo?

#23 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:56 PM

Look like GS has the best pre-order bonus with the weapon pack and digital guide also a midnight release at least a my store. Not sure what the Dog Tag Pack is about from Amazon, it might be cool.

Two days is better then nothing, looking forward to it. 360 users should be getting an e-mail for access and for PS3 it should just show up in your downloads in the PS Store I think. Does anybody have any more info on this?

#24 mgorsi

mgorsi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:06 PM

get it from BB, its part of 5 for $100. so $20 GC

#25 Odinsfury

Odinsfury

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:24 PM

I have a feeling that no one is going to beat Newegg's 12 dollar off promotion. It's too bad they only did it for a short time.

#26 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:40 PM

The SPECACT kits will probably wind up as Dr Pepper DLC again.. so it's just a matter of if you want to go through the trouble of finding the codes for them again.

Fuck Dr. Pepper; they did not hold up the end of that promotion except for 360, when it was supposed to be all platforms. Pro-tip: the BB promo code will be emailed to you and all you need to do is put $5 down. . .

#27 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:44 PM

If you pre-order at the Microsoft store (I know it's only in limited areas), you have to put $10 down, but you get an additional $5 off plus a $25 gift card. They also sell Kindle Amazon cards in many stores, so it's an easy flip for Amazon credit.

#28 Tigershard

Tigershard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:51 PM

Can someone tell me why they like the Battlefield games? How realistic is the game compared to other shooters? This is an honest question because I am curious, having never played anything except Bad Company 2 single player. I recently really got in to Brink on the PC, first time I ever really enjoyed a competative multiplayer shooter since Unreal Tournament 2004, but the servers are pretty much dead.

#29 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:53 PM

Can someone tell me why they like the Battlefield games?

Two words: sandbox shooter.

#30 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:04 PM

Heads-up: I just received my BF3 beta code via email.:bouncy: Check your inboxes

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/