Cheap holiday season game tips.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mikelolol

mikelolol

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:08 AM

Various titles released as of late are having a sort of 'trade in X amount of games and receive a bonus £X off the title' deal, especially in Game and Gamestation and other high street retailers. These stores themselves sell some titles for less than a pound (old Football games notoriously cheap), which means with some titles, Rage for example, you can technically save £8 by trading two of these games in against it.

And in case you didn't know, GAME does a student discount scheme. It's 10% off if you show a valid student card. I'm pretty sure anyone can nab a NUS card from the website, and this costs only £10 a year (I think). If not, get your student friends to purchase you games.

#2 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:54 AM

Also shop around for new release games in supermarkets like tesco, asda, sainsburys etc because at least one always always has it cheaper.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#3 Viper139

Viper139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:14 PM

places such as tesco will probaly be offering deals such as "Buy 2100 MS points and get X-game for £25". this is what they did last year.
Posted Image Check out my blogs :D

#4 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:22 PM

Yeah exactly, I got both Halo Reach and Black Ops with that deal.. and most recently Gears 3 (although I got the 3 month sub for my little sister).

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie