Dexter Season 6 Discussion

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

Caught the premier last night. Let's talk about it.

I was very pleased to see Edward James Olmos in the first episode, looks like he will be this season's main antagonist.

protip: If an episode has aired, don't worry about spoilers. If you're discussing previews, leaked information or speculating, use spoiler tags.

Posted Image

#2 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:36 PM

Got rid of Showtime a while back to trim down the cable bill. Sucks, because this is one of the few shows I watch anymore. Going to have to wait for the Blu set. Kinda prefer that anyway, just watching a season over 2-3 nights rather than week-by-week.

#3 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:52 PM

Solid start to the season. Glad to see the show is back because I need something to watch on Sundays now that Curb and True Blood ended (waiting on the HBO Go app on PS3 to watch Boardwalk Empire).

Posted Image

#4 Dezuria

Dezuria

Loading, please wait...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:59 AM

Looks like a great season! I LOVE the idea of a religious theme, I can't wait to see what they do with it.

After watching seasons 1-5 on blu-ray and pretty much declaring it the best show I've ever seen, I subbed to Showtime just to keep watching. Looks like it'll be worth the money too. (Homeland was good too)

#5 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:03 AM

Loved the beginning. The rest of the show was pretty ho hum, but not bad

Formerly known as slickkill77

#6 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:23 AM

This season looks to be pretty good. I for one hope they don't put religion stuff in every episode. I just hope it's better than last season (which shouldn't be hard).

#7 noone13

noone13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:30 AM

I thought this episode was good, it did what it was supposed to and set up the season. The antagonists seem to fit the role and looks to be better than the ones from last season.

As a side note I have to say the show after Dexter, Homeland was very good. I was interested in it but it far exceeded my expectations. Those two shows plus Breaking Bad made for a pretty insane night of tv.

#8 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:30 PM

Thought it was good and the season looks GREAT.

For those hoping there isn't religion in every episode, you're gonna be disappointed. It's clear that religion, belief, and spirituality is going to be the main crux of what Dexter is going to have to go through in dealing with his own self.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#9 draven1089

draven1089

Why So Serious ?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:33 PM

I'll just put this here. I'd say more so agnostic.

Posted Image

Many Fall, Few Rise

#10 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:05 PM

Thought it was good and the season looks GREAT.

For those hoping there isn't religion in every episode, you're gonna be disappointed. It's clear that religion, belief, and spirituality is going to be the main crux of what Dexter is going to have to go through in dealing with his own self.

Yup, I expect it to be the underlying theme this season.

Posted Image

#11 yankeessuck

yankeessuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:44 AM

The Quinn/Deb "romance" is still awful. The fact that it started with the worst scene is the shows history (Cleaning up your murdered sister in laws blood gets you horny I guess) doesnt help.

In general the show needs more Dexter/villains and less everyone else.

#12 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:52 AM

First episode and Dexter already getting some action from lovely Trisha! :D Overall really enjoyed the episode. Gonna be a good season, I'm sure. The whole religious theme and the fact that it's two antagonist (Mentor and student) should possibly pose some problems for Dexter.

Posted Image
"War? War never changes.."

#13 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:50 AM

Not sure if anyone's been watching since the thread hasn't been active since last month. My co-worker blew my mind a little bit:

Spoiler

538822.png

#14 mingleje

mingleje

Orginal cYn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:44 PM

Not sure if anyone's been watching since the thread hasn't been active since last month. My co-worker blew my mind a little bit:

Spoiler

Spoiler

#15 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:40 PM

Spoiler

Well if Gellar lifts up his shirt and he has burn marks on his arm than this will pretty much confirm it

#16 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:54 PM

I was thinking the preview for next week with Dexter & someone else driving in a car looked a bit like Fear & Loathing in LV, but maybe the person he's with will have Dexter crash the car like in FC.

538822.png

#17 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:47 AM

This season has been awful, awful, awful

Formerly known as slickkill77

#18 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

last nights episode was just... off. if you need a filler episode in a story arc with only 12 episodes, then you're doing something wrong. the rest of the season has been pretty good for the most part, but last nights was just a bad diversion.

Posted Image

#19 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

Edward James Olmos is gonna make that dude's sister the whore of babylon. I BET

#20 binici

binici

www.TheTradeBox.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:09 PM

Edward James Olmos is gonna make that dude's sister the whore of babylon. I BET

Sure seems that way and the dude will actually save the day and not Dexter.

Also, I think I understand why they had the filler episode. We need to understand if Dexter has some "light" in him...

#21 yankeessuck

yankeessuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

last nights episode was just... off. if you need a filler episode in a story arc with only 12 episodes, then you're doing something wrong. the rest of the season has been pretty good for the most part, but last nights was just a bad diversion.

I thought it was one of the better episodes so far but thats just me.

#22 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

I completely agree. I get the idea behind it, but it didn't add anything whereas the episode before it was solid. All it did was dull the edge that dexter carries as a character.

#23 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

Yeah, the last episode was definitely off and didn't fit in, but it was at least entertaining. There was a lot of funny stuff.

#24 monash65

monash65

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:23 AM

Dexter getting a quickie in, and shooting while driving was pretty fun to watch.

#25 Rosterking

Rosterking

Look away.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:52 AM

haha, I love dexter. :D
I liked this episode, but was stupid none the less. He should have kept his brother.

#26 Gears24

Gears24

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:59 AM

i love Dexter,bump.

#27 yankeessuck

yankeessuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

Show might have just jumped the shark with this Deb/Dexter plot.

#28 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:55 AM

I can't believe they finally did it. I wasn't expecting that considering how often they have teased it.

#29 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:36 AM

I can't believe they finally did it. I wasn't expecting that considering how often they have teased it.

After a horribly boring finale to a really good season, the final minute made it so much better!

#30 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:37 AM

deb is so hot I would have no problems fucking her if she was my sister
awesome ending finally someone knows, was expecting louis to find out before her tbh