CAGcast #256: RoboCast

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:31 AM

Shipwreck reviews Rage, Wombat pretends to be a robot, and CheapyD becomes a robot.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

Download - 68 minutes, 41MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Support the CAGcast: FREE AUDIBLE 2 WEEK TRIAL & AUDIOBOOK
http://www.netxtrack...ADID=476689

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro: Robocop theme - Outro: Won't You Charleston With Me - The Boyfriend

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Edited by CheapyD, 05 October 2011 - 08:08 AM.

#2 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:03 AM

A tumble weed blows by.

#3 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:25 AM

Every episode should start with Robocop

Edited by Mahoney07, 05 October 2011 - 10:19 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I play Halo 3, Rainbow Six, SSBB, Carcassonne, Worms, others online. PM me to play SSBB, send friend request to play Xbox Live.

#4 FishyJoe

FishyJoe

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:35 AM

Audible is taking too long to download Jim Breuer, your up cagcast! Hope your as bunned about iphone 4s as I am.

#5 TheResistance

TheResistance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:52 AM

Anyone else get that horrible interference? Oh.... they just joked about it.

#6 repete

repete

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:15 AM

finally new show
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 NegativeZero

NegativeZero

CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:16 AM

glad i checked for this early, thanks guys, will make that ride on the N train that much more interesting.

http://zerofigures.wordpress.com

"He should have those magic b!tches all over his jock" - CheapyD, CagCast #168

#8 karubah

karubah

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:56 PM

Copied from Rebel FM Episode 115 (based on Wombat's suggestion):

• http://1.gravatar.co...523536?s=32&r=X eot says:
    September 24, 2011 at 2:04 pm
    I think Diablo 2 had stamina because in the original Diablo there wasn’t even an option to run, so when they introduced it they probably felt like they had to limit it somehow.
  • http://1.gravatar.co...523536?s=32&r=X Blade says:
    September 24, 2011 at 5:24 pm
    Was that the new Batman AC Song at the end?
  • http://0.gravatar.co...523536?s=32&r=X Gert says:
    September 25, 2011 at 2:05 am
    I’m not a big fan of the F-YEAH stuff in Gears Of War 3 but damn that game has amazing visuals.
    The entire world is mangled and beautiful at the same time. It looks like a world instead of a collection of arenas.
    Any chance Gears Of War is ever getting ported to PS3? I mean it’s UE3 so it’s technically possible… right?

• http://1.gravatar.co...523536?s=32&r=X Sulik2 says:
    September 25, 2011 at 8:38 am
    Its a first party Microsoft produced game. There is zero chance it will ever end up on PS3.

• http://0.gravatar.co...523536?s=32&r=X troubled_merc says:
    September 25, 2011 at 7:06 pm
    I’m with you Gert, but Sulik is right. I had a cousin visit me 2 years ago from england and he had Gears of War 2. I already knew the series and was a fan but could not pony-up the money to just buy a new console for 1 game. Long story short I played the hell out of Gears of War 2, even on insane mode with the output only in black and white (I dont know why the xbox was doing that to my tv screen)and enjoyed it. However, with all the talk about Gears of War 3…I might cave and just buy a low end xbox and get the triple pack (includes Gears of War 1, 2 and the DLC) and buy Gears of War 3. I must say Gears of War 3 is the only reason why I would get an xbox360. I’m not talking shit about other xbox’s games or xbox live (I agree it is a better service), but I just simply can’t commit to xbox360.
    PS: I still miss the dick and fart jokes =D Long Live REBEL FM
[/LIST]
PSN: Karubah

Xbox Live: Karubah

#9 eataburger

eataburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:28 PM

Loved your podcast, brest feeding is hard at first especially when you've just give birth but it gets easier and its the best thing in the world when you get the hang of it an wen you've got over the pain. my daughter is 3 an half month old and i will carry on brest feeding untill she has teeth lol im 19 its a shame ev
(Comment from Lacstation podcast)

#10 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:04 PM

Cannot wait to listen!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#11 KrzyHpnKricket

KrzyHpnKricket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:14 PM

Cagcast, on a Wednesday?? What is going on here?!?

Will have to wait until after the Phillies game tonight to listen.

#12 johnQrob

johnQrob

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:32 PM

Quite a few chuckles during this podcast. It's a shame with Rage. I'm sure if it came out before Fallout & Borderlands it would be received better. Maybe we are just spoiled. Based on your review and from this podcast it doesn't sound all that great. Glad I didn't waste the $.

I don't think I'm going to bother with Dark Souls either. I bought Demon Souls, popped it in, played 15 minutes and never touched it again. What a waste of $. Fine line between challenging and frustrating. Challenging to me is when it is so fun you don't mind doing it over and over, especially if it starts you over right where you died. Frustrating is starting over 30 minutes behind and saying "I have to do all that over again!?!" When I want to throw the controller at the tv the game just crossed the border into frustrating.

#13 Porksta

Porksta

Sillier Mofo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:38 PM

Why don't you use the theme songs any more?

Every day I'm cheap as shit...
CAGS on news, stirring up controversy...
I am famous for getting CheapyD to watch Swollen Tip while he was broadcasting live.

#14 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:51 PM

I got a juice box where my heart used to be...... :'(
Spoiler

#15 eberm72492

eberm72492

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:26 PM

I wish they'd add Patrick to the Bombcast full time. Feels like he's missing.

#16 Keegs

Keegs

Owl + Bungee Cord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:42 PM

OH SHIT Cheapy. I was in that play in highschool too and I couldn't dance for shit. I was also one of the leads and they pretty much had to hide me in the back. I remember one scene being a beach scene and I used one of the girl's parasols to hide behind when we were dancing.

What a nightmare!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:42 PM

Forget Subway. Jack in the Box has the Jacks Got Game promotion going on right now where you can win real DLC for Assassin's Creed Revelations, Battlefield 3 and Gears of War 3. I just wish there was a Jack in the Box in my area.

P.S. - If anyone who's won a spare Gears3 Liquid Green Metal weapons skin code and wants to DM it to me, I'd appreciate it from one CAG to another.

Edited by banodyne, 05 October 2011 - 03:46 PM.
Grammar

#18 Ramza394

Ramza394

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

If anyone could get CheapyD doing the Charleston I'd buy that for a dollar!

#19 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

Why don't you use the theme songs any more?

Every day I'm cheap as shit...
CAGS on news, stirring up controversy...

Great show, but bringing back CAGS on news would make it even better.

Shipwreck was right, Gran Turismo is Sony's biggest exclusive seller worldwide sitting at 6.37 million as of December 2010, more than double what Uncharted 2 sold and triple what Forza 3 could manage.

http://www.polyphony...glish/list.html

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#20 Bainmarny

Bainmarny

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:43 PM

Why does Wombat hate his children?

#21 samo101

samo101

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:17 PM

I just wanna reference back to last week's cagcast because cheapy's soda segment has made me give up fizzy drinks. I now drink water with ice and it is super refreshing and I don't get thirsty after drinking

#22 demonhellcat

demonhellcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:44 PM

So, CheapyD, you ready for Forza next week? Congrats on yoru first LCE game. Forza 4 will be my second, Forza 3 was the first. You do much online racing? Need a average to sucky competitor to race with? Hit me up, my gamertag is same as my CAG user name.

Also, no the demo does not support kinect at all, and give the rivals mode a chance, it can be addicting trying to beat your friends times.

P.S., if you want to buy me a fanatec wheel and pedals go for it. I'll appreciate it.

#23 LimpDaddy

LimpDaddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:07 PM

Wombat, I think you might be onto something regarding that X-Men game and contractual obligations. Why else would they ship an unfinished game unless they had a deadline like that.

#24 Azazael13

Azazael13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:37 PM

I always dreaded this time of year when I managed a GS. Now that I don't manage anymore I still dread this time of year because of all the titles that come out. I actually get happy when something gets pushed from this time of year.

#25 alkitron

alkitron

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:38 PM

reguarding the ICO and shadow colossus Best Buy Sale. I trotted down to the local best buy. I saw the game for $24.99 Awesome! remembering the +10dollar coupon deal on the @gamer mag Awesome! I grab the mag cut the coupon out hit the register and didnt read the small writing on the back of the coupon. as it turns out I need to be a 'gamer zone member' to use any coupons on that magazine its simular to the gamestop yearly thing. The magazine was a -$4.99 loss when it could of been avoided.

#26 CaptNink

CaptNink

Building consensus.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

Great show, but you guys didn't talk about the BF3 beta! I need to know what you guys think or my week is shot!
Posted Image]

#27 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:39 PM

I kind of think Wombat was right that Activision did what they did to hold on to the X-Men rights but then you realize they skipped doing the obvious tie-in game with X-Men: First Class. It's kind of strange. Love to hear how Destiny came about.

I didn't get a chance to ask in the CAGbag what you guys think they should do with The Avengers movie game license since THQ let the rights revert back to Marvel. I wrote a blog post about it, What To Do About The Avengers Movie Tie-In Game, given the limted time they have. What do you guys think?

#28 skubish

skubish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:47 PM

Great show as always boys.
My feedback: more poop stories and less iPhone.

#29 dobedobedo

dobedobedo

Australopithecus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:50 PM

glad i checked for this early, thanks guys, will make that ride on the N train that much more interesting.

Stole the words right out of my mouth. Same train too! :)
Posted Image

#30 dobedobedo

dobedobedo

Australopithecus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:58 PM

If you guys want more show feedback all you need to do is say something negative about the PS3 or have another segment of Shipwreck analyzing the upcoming PS3 games again. Instant 20 page thread right there.
Posted Image