Dragon's Crown PS3: 29.99 @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:21 AM

hmm just noticed this when browsing my recommendations. Looks like Amazon has Dragons Crown up for 29.99 right now

http://www.amazon.co...18396660&sr=1-1

Its listed for both the PSP vita and the PS3... and both are 30 bucks. Im thinking they messed up and meant to put the vita version at 29.99 and the ps3 version at 59.99 or whatever the full price was gonna be. I seriously doubt the game is 29.99 msrp at launch for the ps3

#2 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:22 AM

Its been 29.99 for months now.

#3 FlipSide

FlipSide

Made in the Philippines

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:23 AM

Yup this was posted a couple of months ago, had my pre-order from 6/22 @ 29.99.
Posted Image

#4 lutz

lutz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:39 PM

I thought Dragon Crown was suppose to be a february PSN title? Still rather have Guardian Heroes HD for ten bucks, but hopefully this won't be bad.

#5 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:42 PM

yep, like my only amazon preorder for months now... oh and hotd overkill for 30.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#6 Lord Humongous

Lord Humongous

NOI JITAT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:07 PM

Thanks, OP. Missed this somehow and placed me an order.

#7 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:34 PM

I hadn't noticed this before, so thanks for posting it.

#8 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:06 PM

want this for the 360!!!

#9 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:15 PM

want this for the 360!!!

How about you get a PS3 instead

#10 UNDERSTAR

UNDERSTAR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:30 PM

Thanks for the reminder OP. Wish they do a LE/CE for this game though.

#11 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:20 AM

well glad it got to some people to snag it.. really this is the MSRP? a ps3 game for 29.99?? that blows my mind

#12 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

This is the MSRP, its been mentioned by the creators several times.

Correct. I believe one copy for either the Vita or PS3 will also work across both systems. Apparently it's not a huge game, but early indications are that it looks interesting.

#13 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

well glad it got to some people to snag it.. really this is the MSRP? a ps3 game for 29.99?? that blows my mind

Jimmie Johnson's anything with an engine will be $29..99 MSRP i just read in @gamer mag

#14 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:59 PM

$29.99 sounds nice and all, but not when you consider that it probably should have been a PSN game that would at most retail for $14.99. And what a load of shit that you have to buy it twice for PSV and PS3, That's probably why they set it up as a retail disc instead of on PSN where it's possible it could have been compatible with both the PSV and PS3 once you bought it from the store.

Most people don't look at it this way because they see a retail disc for $30 and say "wow what a bargain!" but really it's a bit of a rip-off when you factor in the length, and lack of cross-compatibility without buying two copies of the exact same game.

#15 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:05 PM

It's $30 because they're trying to entice people to buy the Vita version at the same time: $30 + $30 = $60. Dragon's Crown is the title that SONY is really touting as taking advantage of cross-platform play (aka. play on PS3 when @ home, continue on Vita when on the go).

#16 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:06 PM

It's $30 because they're trying to entice people to buy the Vita version at the same time: $30 + $30 = $60.

That makes no sense at all.

#17 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:17 PM

$29.99 sounds nice and all, but not when you consider that it probably should have been a PSN game that would at most retail for $14.99. And what a load of shit that you have to buy it twice for PSV and PS3, That's probably why they set it up as a retail disc instead of on PSN where it's possible it could have been compatible with both the PSV and PS3 once you bought it from the store.

Most people don't look at it this way because they see a retail disc for $30 and say "wow what a bargain!" but really it's a bit of a rip-off when you factor in the length, and lack of cross-compatibility without buying two copies of the exact same game.

Why should this have been a PSN game?

#18 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:24 PM

Why should this have been a PSN game?

It's a pretty short game from what I'm hearing, it's not a graphically demanding game either. It has the same look and feel of other PSN-type games. To me, it seems better suited as a PSN game. And again, I think this was done intentionally so they'd have an excuse to sell both a PS3 disc and a PSV cart. Not to mention if it were on PSN it would have been cheaper.

I suppose you can make the argument that many full retail games are short, or that graphics don't matter, etc.. but that's a double-edged sword since I can argue that if that's the case then something like PixelJunk monsters (a random example) could have been sold on disc for $29.99 too. Monsters is actually another game which should have had compatibility with the PSP from the start, without dealing with Remote Play or having to buy the separate UMD/PSP version. The PSP and PS3 are pretty different graphically so that argument isn't as strong, but now that the Vita is capable of visuals that are close to what the PS3 can do, I think it's a valid argument here

#19 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:38 PM

I love how you're making all these assessments on a game that's not coming out for almost half a year.

#20 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:46 PM

both odin sphere and muramasa cost between 39.99-49.99 at launch on disc, i don't see why this would be 14.99.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#21 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:48 PM

I love how you're making all these assessments on a game that's not coming out for almost half a year.

I love how you make statements like this as if you've never assessed a game that hasn't been released yet. Hypocrite much?

I guarantee you if you blindly asked gamers whether they thought this would be a PSN game or a retail game after seeing the trailer, the majority would assume it was a PSN game.

Makes me wonder if people here would be fine with paying $29.99 just for the HD version of Odin Sphere today.

#22 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:52 PM

Yeah, there's a big difference between "This game doesn't look interesting" or "I'm not interested in this game" (and even that is something I rarely do. If I have no interest in a game, I just keep my mouth shut for the most part. I know every game isn't for everyone. And I don't make ridiculous broad statements like "this game should be priced at $15 out of the gate!") to all these statements you're making about how this game looks like it should be a PSN game and they did this on purpose and how short it is.

The damn game is 4-5 months away. Do you have an advanced build?

One thing that cracks me up about CAG is everyone thinks they're Michael Pachter or something.

Anyway, ordered for $30 a few months ago. I won't make any judgements on whether it's only worth $30 or this is a good deal until... I dunno it's closer to completion and a few videos or maybe a demo comes out. That's just me being silly though since it's much more fun to make prejudgements on games willy nilly.

#23 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:56 PM

both odin sphere and muramasa cost between 39.99-49.99 at launch on disc, i don't see why this would be 14.99.

Odin Sphere isn't a good example since it was on the PS2 where there wasn't a PSN gaming model so they had no choice but to sell it at retail. You can make a similar argument for Muramasa since it was a Wii game and they don't really have a digital gaming market (asside from the VC). I'm willing to bet if it was a PS3/360 game, it would have shown up as a PSN/XBLA title instead.

I've stated what I had to say. People can make the argument for whether $29.99 is a bargain or not. I thought so at first, but not anymore. I'm sure people would have thought any of these would be bargains at $29.99 had we not already known they were PSN titles:

Dead Nation
Costume Quest
Fat Princess
Deathspank
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Scott Pilgrim Vs The World

#24 Trastan

Trastan

Always caffeinated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:02 PM

http://www.siliconer...e-quest-system/

"Altogether, Oda says the game has between 40-50 hours of play time."

Just, you know, FYI and stuff.

#25 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:08 PM

Yeah, there's a big difference between "This game doesn't look interesting" or "I'm not interested in this game" (and even that is something I rarely do. If I have no interest in a game, I just keep my mouth shut for the most part. I know every game isn't for everyone. And I don't make ridiculous broad statements like "this game should be priced at $15 out of the gate!") to all these statements you're making about how this game looks like it should be a PSN game and they did this on purpose and how short it is.

The damn game is 4-5 months away. Do you have an advanced build?

One thing that cracks me up about CAG is everyone thinks they're Michael Pachter or something.

Anyway, ordered for $30 a few months ago. I won't make any judgements on whether it's only worth $30 or this is a good deal until... I dunno it's closer to completion and a few videos or maybe a demo comes out. That's just me being silly though since it's much more fun to make prejudgements on games willy nilly.

Cute. I'm wondering, why would you have a pre-order for months for a title you're not even sure if you'll like since you clearly know very little about it? You were obviously "sold" on whatever you've seen since there's little reason to pre-order something months in advance at full MSRP (i.e. this isn't a deal) when you don't even know if you're even going to want to keep that order or not. Do you often pre-order a bunch of things at full MSRP a year (or nearly) in advance that you're not sure about yet, just to cancel some of them later on?

Anyway, I don't want to clog up this thread with this back and forth. Carry on with this reposted thread guys...

#26 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:11 PM

i get what you're saying, but honestly sometimes we have to set aside the CAG mentality and just buy a game because we want to support it/the devs. so yeah, maybe we pay 29.99 at launch for what looks to be a beautiful and fun game, but in return we get in on numerous other deals that saves us lotsa money ie gamefly deals. it balances out, ya know? that being said, not everyone has internet access ofr their ps3/uses PSN, (especially after the anonymous nonsense) so its unfair to exclude those potential buyers as well.

ps odin sphere sold both at 49.99 and later at 29.99 when it became a greatest hits. people will pay the money for games that they really want.
if you don't like the price, hold off on the game and let others enjoy it. no need to be a negative nancy.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#27 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:11 PM

Buying for Socerer's plot & Amazon's backstory.

#28 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:13 PM

Cute. I'm wondering, why would you have a pre-order for months for a title you're not even sure if you'll like since you clearly know very little about it? You were obviously "sold" on whatever you've seen since there's little reason to pre-order something months in advance at full MSRP (i.e. this isn't a deal) when you don't even know if you're even going to want to keep that order or not. Do you often pre-order a bunch of things at full MSRP a year (or nearly) in advance that you're not sure about yet, just to cancel some of them later on?

Anyway, I don't want to clog up this thread with this back and forth. Carry on with this reposted thread guys...

Because I can cancel? Duh.

#29 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:15 PM

http://www.siliconer...e-quest-system/

"Altogether, Oda says the game has between 40-50 hours of play time."

Just, you know, FYI and stuff.

That's certainly good to hear if it's true. I wonder how that's calculated though? Like is he talking about all the different combinations of ways the game can be played (the different classes, quests, etc..) combine to be about 40-50 hours, or is he saying that on one playthrough it'll take 40-50 hours to complete? I'd say there's a pretty big difference between the two

Maybe I'm giving this game too hard a time. I love Vanillaware's work, don't get me wrong. I just started questioning their motives more after noticing that they priced both the Vita and PS3 versions at the same price. I think it would be safe to assume that if this was a PSN title, there would be a greater likelihood that a single purchase could be made to work with both the Vita and PS3.

#30 Trastan

Trastan

Always caffeinated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:27 PM

That's certainly good to hear if it's true. I wonder how that's calculated though? Like is he talking about all the different combinations of ways the game can be played (the different classes, quests, etc..) combine to be about 40-50 hours, or is he saying that on one playthrough it'll take 40-50 hours to complete? I'd say there's a pretty big difference between the two

That's a completely legitimate concern, especially considering how far out the game is yet. We'll just have to wait and see.

Personally, I'm already on-board with the Vita, and I loved both Odin Sphere and (especially) Muramasa, so Vanillaware has earned enough rep with me to garner a pre-order for both versions. And, as confoosious said, we can always cancel if it doesn't work out.

All of this being said, we ARE bumping an apparent MSRP price. :lol: