Pre-Order Rayman Origins (360/Wii/Ps3) get free Beyond Good and Evil HD

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:34 PM

Not a HUGE deal, but hey $10 free downloadable awesome game with the purchase of Rayman Origins...which looks like and awesome game. What an awesome deal. (360 and PS3 only, no wii...damn it sorry...can't edit thread title)

http://www.gamestop....n-origins/91165

http://www.gamestop....n-origins/91167

(did you see what I did there?!?) :lol:

#2 mcdaking84

mcdaking84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:35 PM

$60 for a platformer that will most likely by short?

no thanks

#3 Master Troll

Master Troll

Whaat is this place?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:42 PM

Where's the pre-order bonus where I pay only $15?

I dont know guys
idiots are a diamond dozen nowadays :)

Posted Image

#4 KrzyHpnKricket

KrzyHpnKricket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

Really living up to your name there huh buddy.

I'm keeping my eye on both this and Sonic Generations hoping they will be good platformers in a sea of FPS. Will wait to see some reviews on both though.

#5 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

It is always funny when people post stuff like this, when games that are typically $15 are real!y only worth that much.

Good platformers are usually worth the price. I guess my question about the deal is that it i relatively worthless for Wii users.
Posted Image

#6 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:27 PM

Oh hell, I thought this was a downloadable title. I'm really stoked to play it, and I love the art, but I'm not dishing out 60 bucks for it.

Thanks for the heads up either way, OP!

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#7 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:30 PM

No online co-op. =\
I love Rayman but wtf

#8 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:37 PM

GameStop only? No thanks.

No online co-op. =\
I love Rayman but wtf

Um... when has a non-Rabbids Rayman game had multiplayer? NOT EVERY GAME HAS TO HAVE ONLINE. :roll:

Edited by VyseArcad1a, 17 October 2011 - 03:48 PM.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#9 Sir Daniel Fortesque

Sir Daniel Fortesque

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:38 PM

no thanks

Amazing logic. Keep it up.

#10 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

The game was originally going to be episodic DLC games. Just putting that out there.

#11 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:55 PM

no thanks

Annnnnd hidden from view!

#12 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:10 PM

GameStop only? No thanks.

Um... when has a non-Rabbids Rayman game had multiplayer? NOT EVERY GAME HAS TO HAVE ONLINE. :roll:

The last non-Rabbids Rayman game came in the middle of the previous generation--years before online gaming took off. Additionally, it didn't have co-op (so online would be pointless).

Features are included in games so that people will pay for them. Your argument reveals its absurdity if we examine what things a game "doesn't have to have" until the game is reduced to literally nothingness. Is that worth $60? No? How about a game with half the features? etc.

But online co-op is a very important feature among a variety of features that a game could indeed exclude (reducing its value, of course). It adds immense replay value. I equate replay value with being willing to pay additional funds in order to play said game.

And, of course, a game does not have to have anything. But, of course, nor does anyone have to purchase it over other games that do offer more features for the same (or lower) price.

#13 velvet396

velvet396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:23 PM

NOT EVERY GAME HAS TO HAVE ONLINE. :roll:

If I'm buying it, it does. Well... 95% of the time. Just a heads-up, this internet thing is pretty cool.
Not everyone has someone that will play local co-op.

#14 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:32 PM

As much as I would like this game, I just feel it will drop in price quickly, plus I already own BG&E HD. That reminds me, I should play that sometime :lol:
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#15 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:34 PM

I would jump on this if I didn't already have the PS2 version of Beyond Good & Evil and if the price of the game was $40 or less.

#16 blackstarre

blackstarre

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:17 AM

Features are included in games so that people will pay for them. Your argument reveals its absurdity if we examine what things a game "doesn't have to have" until the game is reduced to literally nothingness. Is that worth $60? No? How about a game with half the features? etc.

I had to respond to this, not because I particularly care about this title, but because you attack someone for making an "absurd argument" when he in fact just made a perfectly true statement, and then go on to assert an actually absurd straw man. As for his statement- "not every game has to have online"- this is true. Many games do not need it and would not be substantially improved by it. Single player games, for instance. In my experience, online co-op is often not as enjoyable, and sometimes drastically less, then in person co-op. Maybe that's the case here- maybe not.

But your strange slippery slope argument doesn't make sense. Some features are important, some aren't- which is which depends on the game, platform and consumer, all of which are unique to every title and gamer.

Your purchasing decisions are your own, and you don't have to justify them to anybody- but neither does anyone else. If you won't buy any game that doesn't have online co-op (or whatever) that's fine. But don't back that position up with attacks on the opinions of others and bad arguments.

When you do that, you get somebody like me that has to waste time arguing on a message board because of an obsessive hatred of poor logic. And I think we can all agree that's no fun for anybody.

#17 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:29 AM

amazon has a 48 ph hardcover artbook w/preorder. thanks op since i didnt even know this game existed, but im going w/ amz...love me some art books.

http://www.amazon.co...18929902&sr=8-2
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#18 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:07 PM

This game LOOKS AMAZING. But who are we kidding here - it's Ubisoft. The price is gonna hit the floor double-quick, like every other game they put out. Trying to charge $60 for this is pretty ludicrous, even if you count in the pre-order bonuses (the art book looks nice, and the free game don't hurt either).

Bottom line - it should have been $40 at most, and online co-op for this kind of high-speed game could have been ugly and useless. Better off without in mind.

PEANUTS = TRUST

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#19 DukeMagnem

DukeMagnem

Dean of All True Men

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:00 PM

I don't know what to do about this game. I really want it, but like you guys are saying, it's not worth $60. On the other hand, I really want that art book, too. And I want to show these studios that platformers can sell and more of them should be full retail releases on consoles that aren't the Wii. I don't want to send the message that I'm ready to overpay for said platformers though. It's worth $40 on day one. I guess I have a month to ponder it, assuming all the art books aren't committed to pre-orders placed between now and then. But realistically, how many people are going to pre-order this one?

#20 The Questyen

The Questyen

formerly gothamcentral79

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:17 PM

The fact that people have no problem paying $60 for the same military shooter that comes out every few months but balk at paying $60 for a game with some actual soul to it is quite disconcerting.

Now Playing: Bioshock Infinite (replay) (PS3) / Shovel Knight (Wii U) / To the Moon (PC)

Recently Finished: Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4) A / Entwined (PS4) B- / Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4) A- / Kentucky Route Zero Act III (PC) A-

#21 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:26 PM

I have a problem paying $60 for almost any game (JRPGS which last over 60 hours are the exception) - which is why I'm here - but this looks like WiiWare. Its' a great look, but compare it to R&C, which has 4 player online (the beta was seamless in R&C, I didn't even realize my 6 yr. old was playing online) and no way no how I can justify this for $60. I want to play it, and will, but it will be $20 on sale somewhere soon enough. Hell, it doesn't even compare to Kirby.

#22 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:50 PM

I never really got into Rayman. I do agree with most people that this game should be $40 instead of $60...

#23 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:58 PM

I'm a big Rayman fan, but even I would say at $60 it's probably not going to be worth it, unfortunately. I'd wait for a drop.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#24 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:08 PM

Any info on what the physical dimensions of the art book are? 48 pages is not a lot.

Edited by Slermy, 18 October 2011 - 02:28 PM.

#25 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:52 PM

I had to respond to this, not because I particularly care about this title, but because you attack someone for making an "absurd argument" when he in fact just made a perfectly true statement, and then go on to assert an actually absurd straw man. As for his statement- "not every game has to have online"- this is true. Many games do not need it and would not be substantially improved by it. Single player games, for instance. In my experience, online co-op is often not as enjoyable, and sometimes drastically less, then in person co-op. Maybe that's the case here- maybe not.

But your strange slippery slope argument doesn't make sense. Some features are important, some aren't- which is which depends on the game, platform and consumer, all of which are unique to every title and gamer.

Your purchasing decisions are your own, and you don't have to justify them to anybody- but neither does anyone else. If you won't buy any game that doesn't have online co-op (or whatever) that's fine. But don't back that position up with attacks on the opinions of others and bad arguments.

When you do that, you get somebody like me that has to waste time arguing on a message board because of an obsessive hatred of poor logic. And I think we can all agree that's no fun for anybody.

What slippery slope? You really think video games are some magical entitites that can't be broken down into their respective features? And each of those features have a dollar value assigned to it?

The game has co-op. Co-op without online is shitty. It diminishes the value of the game. This makes its value go below $60. I'm not paying $60. Simple.

I don't give a Fuck about what you feel compelled to waste your time on, so that doesn't factor into my behavior on whether or not I post. Thanks for the anecdote, though.

#26 DukeMagnem

DukeMagnem

Dean of All True Men

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:18 PM

The fact that people have no problem paying $60 for the same military shooter that comes out every few months but balk at paying $60 for a game with some actual soul to it is quite disconcerting.

That's not really a fair statement. People are also putting 100 or more hours into those military shooters. There's no way I'm putting 100 hours into Rayman. The gameplay just won't be there to make that happen. They'd have to turn it into a massive collectathon, add some kind of multiplayer component (which I agree doesn't belong here), or make the game so brutally hard that you have to replay it over and over to beat it. None of those are good options. So we're looking at a game that might take 10-12 hours IF you get all the achievements, less if you play it just to play it.

$60 is a lot of money, and if I'm there day one I want to see 60 hours of gameplay and big budget production value. It isn't fair for these guys to charge the same price for a game that costs significantly less to make than say Skyrim, MW3 or Battlefield 3, especially since you'll be playing it a fraction of the time and the game won't need continued support after release.

#27 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

That $60 price tag is a bit steep. Does this come with like, an original HD remake of the previous ones or something?

I guess I'll just wait for the drop. I love me some Rayman.

#28 DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:41 PM

Waiting on the Vita edition of this one, hopefully price point less. Looking from $20 to $30 on this one.

#29 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:37 AM

Co-op without online is shitty.

Just because you have no face-to-face social skills doesn't make it shitty. Spoken from the Call of Duty generation, as expected.

47206.png
Currently Playing:

#30 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:49 AM

Just because you have no face-to-face social skills doesn't make it shitty. Spoken from the Call of Duty generation, as expected.

I don't have many friends that play videogames. And even less that like Rayman (none).

Besides, since when is an added feature ever a bad thing?

Call of Duty generation? Welcome to the future, gramps. Shove your nostalgia somewhere else. I'm not paying $60 for a game bereft of a feature required in 2011.