thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:04 AM

UPDATE: Deal is now live:

:360: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit
:ps3: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

Edited by CheapyD, 31 October 2011 - 12:25 AM.

#2 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:05 AM

I thought you were trolling...youre not right?

And clearly this should be merged with the Amazon Credit deals thread like Kmarts Batman deal was merged with the Kmart stickied thread.

Tried placing an order but no credit shows. Maybe they let the deal slip a little earlier than they meant to or just dont have it set up yet. Or maybe there is no deal.

#3 tears2040

tears2040

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:06 AM

Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

According to Amazon.com this deal does not exist, but if it does I will finally purchase a game from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co...19191540&sr=8-1

#4 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:11 AM

Yeah, if this is true, the deal just isn't updated on Amazon's site. Also checked my email, and I haven't received such an email either.

If this does turn out to be true, I'll gladly cancel my PC pre-order and get it for the PS3 now...and eventually get the PC version when it's cheaper.

#5 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:12 AM

I got excited, and that excitement turned into disappointment...

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#6 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:16 AM

Am I the only one refreshing Amazon's page like a mad man? :lol:

This better not be a troll post... :bomb:

#7 tears2040

tears2040

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:16 AM

Am I the only one refreshing Amazon's page like a mad man? :lol:

This better not be a troll post... :bomb:

Op should be Banned for this........

#8 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:17 AM

I'm not seeing anything either. I suppose they could be matching Kmart but with almost no other retailer offering anything on this I don't see why Amazon would put in a credit deal; especially because they've been so conservative lately.

Hopefully they do though...

has anyone seen next week's TRU deals?

#9 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:18 AM

No joke guys I received this email this morning.

#10 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:18 AM

Op should be Banned for this........

He's been here since 2007...to my knowledge he's never posted false info. I really hope he's not trolling though...

#11 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:19 AM

Got a pic of the email? I get these emails too but havent gotten this one. Can anyone else verify it?

#12 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:20 AM

$Learn more$$

Pre-order "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition"

PlayStation 3 - with $20 Credit Xbox 360 - with $20 Credit PC

#13 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

No joke guys I received this email this morning.

I assume you're east coast then...Amazon could be waiting for Pacific time and then update. Oh man oh man...please let this be true! :pray:

EDIT: So is it just consoles or PC as well?

#14 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Might place my preorder again if it goes live.

#15 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Got a pic of the email? I get these emails too but havent gotten this one. Can anyone else verify it?

Only e-mail I've gotten from Amazon.com so far this morning is in regards to my supposed interest in blu-ray documentaries

#16 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:23 AM

I'm posting from my phone I copied the pics from the email but when I copy here it don't show the pics do you all see them. Also I'm trying to order as well but on the game page I also notice no Mention of it :-o what the heck !!

#17 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:30 AM

I'm posting from my phone I copied the pics from the email but when I copy here it don't show the pics do you all see them. Also I'm trying to order as well but on the game page I also notice no Mention of it :-o what the heck !!

Yeah hopefully they just havent updated it yet and it's not a mistake. I'll probably still go with Kmart because I happen to be looking for the X12s but if this is legit I can always get the game now and just use the credit on the x12s when they have a deal on them..

#18 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:35 AM

Let's assume this is legit...

Does amazon still function where they will only let you get ONE promo credit? Even if you order a 360 copy and a PS3 copy?

I believe that's how it works but can never remember.. I think I've gotten two credits once when I placed a preorder, received the credit and then ordered again while the promo was still active

#19 Isozyme

Isozyme

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:38 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Ill be checking amazon later today before i cancel my new egg pre order

#20 Chemosh013

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:38 AM

Ya, if this works I'm totally pre-ordering

ach.png

#21 UnrealZero

UnrealZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:39 AM

I didn't get such an email. I find it funny consoles are 60 while the pc copy is 50. 10$ more for smaller online mode. :[

#22 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:46 AM

I'm east coast and I didn't get this email nor does the site show this.

#23 WiiShopChannels

WiiShopChannels

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:48 AM

I too never got an email nor do I see this on amazon yet

#24 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:55 AM

Someone else mentioned it but yea, this is one of those games that the console version should be cheaper than the PC. Not only graphics but they scaled down the maps. This game makes me want to throw together a gaming PC.

#25 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:56 AM

Not sure if this helps but I'm on central time

#26 iroute

iroute

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:20 AM

I got a similar email this morning (4:43am), but w/o the $20 offer. I don't doubt Amazon knows who to offer deals to and who not to to maximize profits though. I usually buy the blockbusters from them, so they might not offer me the deal....

"Hi, Customers who have shown an interest in "Battlefield 3" might like to know that all pre-orders come with limited-edition content, including the "Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand" expansion pack as well as the Amazon-exclusive multiplayer Dog Tag pack."

#27 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:24 AM

I didn't get such an email. I find it funny consoles are 60 while the pc copy is 50. 10$ more for smaller online mode. :[

$10 more for console license...

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#28 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:25 AM

no email here & i buy all my games from amazon (except BF3 & AC:R in 2 years).

#29 gera2396

gera2396

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:27 AM

I also got the same email @ 5:00 a.m. central time. I'll preorder this and cancel my newegg order.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive .

#30 Idx86

Idx86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:32 AM

So, I pre-ordered the PC version when it was still showing as $60. Now it's $50. From what I can tell, Amazon does not charge your credit card until the pre-ordered product has been shipped. So I won't have to worry about being refunded the difference since no charge has occurred. At least I couldn't spot a charge on my statement. Is this correct?
Posted Image