427 replies to this topic

#1 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:08 PM

Looks like the wait will be worth it :)

http://www.pinballarcade.com/

-In early 2012 FarSight Studios will bring their critically acclaimed pinball simulation to every major gaming platform. Tables will be coming as DLC "for years to come" from all different pinball manufacturers (Bally, Stern, Williams, Gottlieb).

-2 tables will be released each month as DLC

-Farsight will also be "adding features that will include online tournaments and head-to-head play."

-First group of tables include RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT, THEATRE OF MAGIC, BLACK HOLE, and TALES OF THE ARABIAN NIGHTS (which had been released on some platforms previously in the Hall of Fame Collection).

Edited by phantomfriar2002, 15 April 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#2 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:11 PM

Awesome news, thanks for sharing this! Hopefully they follow through and release and support it unlike their Gottlieb XBLA title.

#3 SpaceInsomniac

SpaceInsomniac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:32 PM

It's going to be really interesting to see how well this competes with Pinball FX 2. Will Pinball Arcade DLC tables be released individually? Will people be able to demo tables before buying them? Will the Pinball Arcade platform itself be free? Will FarSight actually be able to get the licences required to release tables such as The Addam's Family, Twilight Zone, and The Simpsons?

No matter what happens, I think we all can agree that the Pinball FX 2 team has been doing a great job with their product so far, and competition is a wonderful thing.

#4 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:46 PM

Sweet!

the_it_crowd_moss.jpgdefault.png

#5 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:15 PM

Just updated on their Twitter feed --

"We will be releasing two tables as DLC each month and adding new features that will include online tournaments and head-to-head play."

#6 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:21 PM

Very, very excited for this. Like SpaceInsomniac said, Zen Studios has been doing a great job at handling pinball in the downloadable space. I trust Farsight with pinball since they did an excellent job with Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection but I do hope they follow in Zen's footsteps with table demos and such. Judging by their Twitter feed it looks like they've got a good idea on how to do this. Let's just hope they follow through with it.

14610.png

#7 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:23 PM

It's going to be really interesting to see how well this competes with Pinball FX 2. Will Pinball Arcade DLC tables be released individually? Will people be able to demo tables before buying them? Will the Pinball Arcade platform itself be free? Will FarSight actually be able to get the licences required to release tables such as The Addam's Family, Twilight Zone, and The Simpsons?

No matter what happens, I think we all can agree that the Pinball FX 2 team has been doing a great job with their product so far, and competition is a wonderful thing.

I like Pinball FX2 and I've supported most of Zen's DLC tables, but truthfully I do prefer the tables and physics of the Williams HOF game. Farsight seems to be behind this full blast and I can't wait to play more recreations of actual tables. It has been a long wait, but this trumps a mere HD re-creation of the Gottlieb game IMO.

In terms of licensing, I agree, it'll be interesting to see what they are able to come up with. If they're doing Ripley's, clearly there must be some licensing involved there so that's a good sign.

Overall pinball fanatics will have more to choose from so that's a very good thing. I'm sure there's room for both in the marketplace! :)

#8 ZForce

ZForce

Humbling Pumpkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:32 PM

I'm jacked up to see Theatre of Magic on there. I'm really hoping they can do Circus Voltaire as well.
Posted Image
Dreams do come true....

Check out my stuff for sale!
Chase the Chuckwagon! - http://www.chasethec...ites/zforceffc/
CAG Tradelist - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=189109

#9 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:12 PM

I can't wait! Thanks for the info.

#10 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:38 PM

More Pinball? Sure, count me in. I like half the tables mentioned and if they promise to keep supporting the game and even listen to what the fans want i'm sure they will win a lot of people over. They should take polls and let people vote on which tables they'd like to see as there isn't a huge following for pinball arcade right now compared to a game like CoD. The people who do play these games are devoted though. I've supported Zen throughout and have every table on 360. Still looking forward to more..
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:48 AM

That Williams HoF game is easily the best pinball game on the 360 so I'm pretty excited for this. Hopefully they can nail down a good amount of licensed stuff.
Posted Image

#12 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:57 AM

Best news ever. Day 1 for sure.

#13 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:23 PM

Opps. You scooped me on it.. I'm super stoked for this and will probably buy for iOS, 3DS, and 360 and triple dip AGAIN. :)
Posted Image

#14 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:18 PM

A friend of mine pointed out that some really wonky stuff is going on in Black Hole. The ball goes down the lower playfield exit, which is impossible in the real game. I hope they haven't royally screwed things up as bad as that in other games as well.

#15 sp8001

sp8001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:23 PM

Looking forward to this release... Let's see how it stacks up versus FX2.

A little peeved about them including TotAN... we already HAVE that one!

Let's hope they get a few more of the movie and TV licensed tables... T2 anyone? ;) The Shadow would be a great addition as well.

#16 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:43 PM

The ball still looks like it moves in moonball fashion. That worries me a bit. Not that it will stop me from buying it. Maybe this time they'll let us adjust things like playfield angle and get rid of that problem.

#17 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:33 PM

I hope they offer some of the older tables. I know not a lot of people dig them but I do. If this is as good as their previous collections I can't see not buying every table released.

#18 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:44 AM

I loved the T2 table! How about Star Trek TNG while we're at it? Please please keep the great style of the Pinball Hall of Fame instruction tutorials! I get a lot of enjoyment out of FX2 but it the rule sheets are awful. I shouldn't have to scrounge around online just to figure out how to play a table.

#19 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:25 PM

I hope they offer some of the older tables. I know not a lot of people dig them but I do. If this is as good as their previous collections I can't see not buying every table released.

The older tables are lots of fun! Give us more EMs please! :lol:

Looking forward to this release... Let's see how it stacks up versus FX2.

A little peeved about them including TotAN... we already HAVE that one!

Let's hope they get a few more of the movie and TV licensed tables... T2 anyone? ;) The Shadow would be a great addition as well.

Don't hold your breath on the licensed tables... It's a legal headache and great expense from what I've heard.. I'm surprised they were able to pull off Ripleys!
Right on about TotAN and Black hole.. We already saw those in other collections. They can't bitch how they have no money so they're re-using things, because these sold pretty good I understand..

I loved the T2 table! How about Star Trek TNG while we're at it? Please please keep the great style of the Pinball Hall of Fame instruction tutorials! I get a lot of enjoyment out of FX2 but it the rule sheets are awful. I shouldn't have to scrounge around online just to figure out how to play a table.

My first real pinball table will probably be T2, so I'm not worried if that's not included. I'd love to see those tutorials too! Those are friggin' awesome!
Posted Image

#20 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:45 PM

After Pinball FX2 these guys have a lot to match up to. I thought Williams Collection was alright. I just don't have the nostalgia factor. To me they're just games that want your quarters.

#21 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:16 PM

FX2 is excellent from a technical standpoint, but the games themselves are pretty universally poorly designed. Pinball Arcade inherently doesn't have that problem. Yes they need to improve on the features and physics fronts, but I can't wait for it regardless.

#22 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:32 PM

This is great! Arcades may be dead, but games like this and Pinball FX2 are keeping the spirit alive! Personally, I'm pumped to play Ripley's Believe it or Not in my own home!
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#23 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:12 PM

This is great! Arcades may be dead, but games like this and Pinball FX2 are keeping the spirit alive! Personally, I'm pumped to play Ripley's Believe it or Not in my own home!

Not so fast, some arcades are alive and well! Granted I live 2 miles away from it, but Pinballz Arcade in Austin has totally kept me from completing my collection of FX2 machines. Also, nice avatar.

#24 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:07 AM

Not so fast, some arcades are alive and well! Granted I live 2 miles away from it, but Pinballz Arcade in Austin has totally kept me from completing my collection of FX2 machines. Also, nice avatar.

Sweet! I'm making a trip to Austin sometime! The closest thing we have to this out in AZ is Castles and Coasters and tbh, they have a pretty nice selection of arcade games (one of the last ones left). But I don't even think they host pinball leagues like at your location.

Thanks! I'm a big fan of DOOM :)
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#25 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:14 AM

I don't know if people have been watching their Facebook page but a good amount of new info and some great videos up on youtube. I'm REALLY hopping this is out in January.

#26 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:32 AM

For those of us still holding out on Facebook as long as humanly possible would you mind giving the highlights of the new info?

#27 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

I can't wait for this. So excited that we are getting close to release. I wish they'd give us a specific release date. Chomping at the bit!

As far as Facebook, can't you go to this even without an account? Worth a shot:

http://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade

#28 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:21 PM

Several fairly recent videos (ie within the last 7 days) on their Youtube page:

http://www.youtube.c...hePinballArcade

Most of the videos are 2:12 in length. Could be that that is just their template length for the videos, or maybe it means it'll be out in February.
Posted Image

#29 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

From their FB page:

As of today, we are still projecting a launch on iOS and Android later this month and confident that we’ll hit it. We are doing our best to be a launch title for PS Vita in February, and the Mac version will also release then. The 360, PS3, and PC versions will be released at the end of March. We’ll use this extra time to improve the game and address as many of the comments that you’ve given us as we can. Please help spread the word about the game if you like what you’ve seen. For The Pinball Arcade to be successful and continue delivering tables for years to come, we’re going to need a lot of help getting people to notice us. In the meantime, we’ll be looking into limited beta releases soon on mobile devices, so check back on our Facebook page for details!"

#30 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

Good news, if they follow through with a quality product and meet their promises. I was looking to invest into some FX2 tables sometime soon, so I may wait and see how well this is received when it releases.

GS Feedback Sheet/Thread

https://docs.google....NWc&usp=sharing

MattNY.png