Photo
- - - - -

Two Worlds II Royal Edition $18 and Bioshock 2 Special Edition $8 at Gamestop B&M

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 PatelKing

PatelKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:52 AM

Two Worlds II Royal edition and Bioshock 2 Special Edition have both been converted to used. I purchased 1 of each for each system.

Even better if you are a PUR Pro member:
Two Worlds II Royal: $18 - 10% = $16.20
Bioshock 2 Special: $8 - 10% = $7.20

Some awesome prices I thought. I went to 4 stores total and found at least one of each item at each location. Good luck. I can post a receipt scan but it won't help as it will just show it as a used item and no way of doing inventory search.

#2 Madrocsz

Madrocsz

It's a Trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:01 AM

Nice find... now to look all over for Two Worlds II lol

edit : This was for 360 or ps3? or both?

#3 coopx

coopx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:03 AM

nice, ill check my gamestop

#4 PatelKing

PatelKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:14 AM

Nice find... now to look all over for Two Worlds II lol

edit : This was for 360 or ps3? or both?

both systems.

Also, some of these are in the back stock room. I would look around the top shelves of the store first and if I didn't seen any then I would ask them. If they tried searching their computer, I would tell them I know it has been converted to used and would ask them to check the back room.

#5 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:22 AM

Sadly the site only has a search for new ones. Anyone know a workaround for looking them up (ie replacing the sku in the html ala Target)?

#6 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:12 AM

Based on the fact that PUR gets 10% then these are being converted to Used and the extras thrown away. Disgusting I know, but this is GS after all. So there is no SKU to look for besides the used game.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#7 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:17 AM

thanks op, I'll stop by my gamestop look for both.

#8 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:31 AM

Hmm might hit up GS on my way to the BF3 midnight launch.

#9 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:49 AM

These have been pretty tough to come by for a while, especially the Royal Edition TW2. Somebody cleaned out the last Bioshock 2 LE for PS3 in my area a few months ago too. I expect that actually getting your hands on one of these will be rather difficult.

For what it's worth, you can order the Two Worlds 2 RE from Topware directly for about $60.

#10 TheodorusMajorus

TheodorusMajorus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:03 AM

What do you mean by "converted to used"?

Are these actually new copies that are be converted to used sale prices?

#11 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:07 AM

What do you mean by "converted to used"?

Are these actually new copies that are be converted to used sale prices?

Yeah, they do it on occasion with collector's editions that have been sitting around for a long time. I don't necessarily know how likely it is that you can get anything more than the game though... I remember when God of War III went on sale there were widespread reports of Gamestops being told to throw out the extras.

Bioshock 2 was pretty common in the local GS the last time I was there about a month ago, but I haven't seen a TW2 Royal Edition for a long time.

#12 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:23 AM

I will be checking with Gamestop on my way back from work and hopefully score those. Hell of a deal if I can snag either one.

#13 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:27 AM

Yeah, they do it on occasion with collector's editions that have been sitting around for a long time. I don't necessarily know how likely it is that you can get anything more than the game though... I remember when God of War III went on sale there were widespread reports of Gamestops being told to throw out the extras.

Bioshock 2 was pretty common in the local GS the last time I was there about a month ago, but I haven't seen a TW2 Royal Edition for a long time.

Man I hope that's not true otherwise it is just a vanilla copy. I will find out soon enough though that is if they have it in stock at all.

#14 Kablasia

Kablasia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:28 AM

I've been wanting to play two worlds 2 since it's release. Hopefully a gamestop near me has a copy for the 360.

#15 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:11 AM

Nice. Wish there was a in store tracker.
Two Worlds royal edition used to go for a pretty penny on ebay till recently.

#16 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:27 AM

Bioshock 2 CE's disappeared in my area when they hit $30 a long while ago - killer deal if you can find one.

#17 GlassAgate

GlassAgate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:45 AM

Bioshock 2 CE's disappeared in my area when they hit $30 a long while ago - killer deal if you can find one.

Amazon Marketplace sellers have some left...If you are looking for the PC version, Amazon itself has one.

#18 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:51 AM

I got one at $30, just mean $8 would be awesome.

#19 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:58 AM

would this work on the Bioshock 2 SE PC version.. I think that's all that's left at my local gamestops. I could really care less because I already have the PS3 version but I've kept it sealed and would like one to open and play around with.

If you do come across a copy that hasn't been opened to have the extras removed is it typical to have to face a lot of resistance from the employees to purchase it for that price?

#20 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:04 PM

ah i meant to post this last week and totally forgot. WHen i was picking up a few rarer psp games that the guy at the store had shipped to them for me I asked about any special collectors editions they had. He dug around in the back and brought a two worlds II CE out for me brand new. Then when he was ringing it up and it didnt' come up, the manager told him it was converted to used so i got it for that price.

I think it was like 15 or 16 bucks though, not 18. I'll have to check the reciept

awesome price. Didn't know about bioshock 2 though. I havent seen those at any store in a long time

#21 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:30 PM

Here's the item page for the PS3 version of Two Worlds 2 RE. Looks like the 360 version's page has been deleted.

http://www.gamestop....l-edition/89696

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life 24-Hour Marathon Charity!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata

#22 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:45 PM

i think their might be a bioshock around still by me but i know royal editions have longggggggggggg been gone.

#23 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:05 PM

Here's the item page for the PS3 version of Two Worlds 2 RE. Looks like the 360 version's page has been deleted.

http://www.gamestop....l-edition/89696

don't use the stock checker on this as it only has new versions. While these are new, the system will show them as used. So there won't be any in your area even if there are some.

#24 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

don't use the stock checker on this as it only has new versions. While these are new, the system will show them as used. So there won't be any in your area even if there are some.

Good point. I totally missed that part.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life 24-Hour Marathon Charity!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata

#25 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:01 PM

Well no go for me at my 2 local Gamestop's here in NC (Cary and Apex). The guy told me that the SKU's have been deleted out of the system and as such will be hard to come by since they are being cleared out of inventory. Oh well it was worth a shot. Good luck to those who find one.

#26 pjgamer007

pjgamer007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:09 PM

Called several stores around me and no luck. If anyone sees one (Two Worlds II Royal Edition) in a Texas GS, please let me know, thanks!

Edited by pjgamer007, 24 October 2011 - 05:28 PM.

#27 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:11 PM

Well no go for me at my 2 local Gamestop's here in NC (Cary and Apex). The guy told me that the SKU's have been deleted out of the system and as such will be hard to come by since they are being cleared out of inventory. Oh well it was worth a shot. Good luck to those who find one.

That guy doesn't get it either then. They are converted to the used sku, not deleted. The hard part then is that they just go into the inventory as another used copy of the game at every store that has them.

So it's like when Gamestop decided every used Fable was the same used sku and I had to check every store to find a copy that was Fable: The Lost Chapters.

#28 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:40 PM

Found out my local gamestop pennied both of these games out before they moved to a new larger building... He said they had a dozen of the Bioshock 2 LEs and 1 or 2 of the 2w2 velvet.

Where the heck was I?!?

#29 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:09 PM

That guy doesn't get it either then. They are converted to the used sku, not deleted. The hard part then is that they just go into the inventory as another used copy of the game at every store that has them.

So it's like when Gamestop decided every used Fable was the same used sku and I had to check every store to find a copy that was Fable: The Lost Chapters.

Problem was the stores I visited did not have the used copies either. I was trying to explain the guy behind the counter the same thing in that he needed to look up the items under the used ones and it was still a no go. His answer was that "it has been deleted out of our inventory" initially for them to "I don't have any in stock" after that conversation. Sorry I should have been clearer about the whole conversation.

#30 canedaddy

canedaddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:18 PM

I hate deals where you have to explain to the clerk how it's supposed to work or (heaven forbid) get them to look in the back.