Indie Royale - Donut Bundle Flash Sale is on

• Please log in to reply
5523 replies to this topic

#1 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

Indie Royale bundles employ a variable pricing model and last about a week. Most start at $3.99 and the price goes up as people pay the minimum, stays the same as people pay slightly above it, and drops with larger purchases. Games are almost all available on the service Desura, which is the company involved in these bundles, with Steam keys and direct downloads available when possible. A bonus album is also available in each bundle for those who pay above a higher minimum.

http://www.indieroyale.com/

Current Bundle:

The Donut Bundle

• Chronology - for: Win - Steam, Desura, DRM free
  • Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren's Call - for: Win, mac, Linux - Steam only
  • The Book of Legends - for: Win - Steam , Desura, DRM free
  • Guns n Zombies - for: Win, Mac - Steam only . Early Access
  • Quest of Dungeons - for: Win, Mac, Linux - Steam , Desura, DRM free

Pay $6 or more for e:o:nity's Walk the Line album

Rewards

For every five bundles purchased you earn a reward. These are available on your collection page. You need an account. If you've already created one for Desura, Mod DB, or Indie DB you can use that. (Thanks to marsilies for assistance with the list)

• 5 bundles - Chiptopia (best-of album from 8-Bit Weapon and ComputeHer) (MP3 and FLAC)
  • 10 bundles - Super Space Rubbish for PC/Mac/Linux, Desura + OST (MP3 and FLAC)
  • 15 bundles - Fireball for: PC/Mac, Desura
  • 20 bundles - Corril Slayer
  • 25 bundles - Pushcat
  • 30 bundles - Dino Run Marathon of Doom
  • 35 bundles - ???

Daily Deals

Indie Royale has a new deal every day at http://www.dailyroyale.com/.

Previous Bundles:

Spoiler

Edited by louiedog, Today, 04:39 PM.

#2 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

A.R.E.S. looks pretty cool. Bought.

#3 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

Good looks, OP.

MARS

#4 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:23 PM

Interesting concept, not sure how it will work out though. Two of the games looked alright to me (ARES and Sanctum) so I guess I'll give it a shot, was $2.26 when I bought it (up to $2.29 now it looks like)

#5 TheRobReport

TheRobReport

Stoned Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:23 PM

hmmm interesting

bought one for the minimum, not sure i quite understand how it works though lol

#6 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:30 PM

Hopefully Gemini Rue gets a Steam key added since it just launched on Steam today

#7 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:32 PM

According to the twitter feed, they will add Gemini Rue steam keys. Also, just a heads up, some of the keys come up as dupes, but they're working on it. If that happens, contact them through support, they say they'll get to it eventually.

#8 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

I dont really understand the concept. The only motivation to pay more is that other people will get to pay less? Nimbus and sanctum look pretty good, so I think ill jump in on this.

#9 netscorer

netscorer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

it works very simple - buy it at the minimum and raise prices for everyone after you; buy at more then minimum and lower price.
Having said this, these are some very good games and I bought them for $8.00 ($2.00 per game), so enjoy your temporary discounts.

#10 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:36 PM

it works very simple - buy it at the minimum and raise prices for everyone after you; buy at more then minimum and lower price.
Having said this, these are some very good games and I bought them for $8.00 ($2.00 per game), so enjoy your temporary discounts.

right I understand that, but I dont get the point. Why would anyone pay more? Is it some kind of social experiment.

#11 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:38 PM

According to the twitter feed, they will add Gemini Rue steam keys. Also, just a heads up, some of the keys come up as dupes, but they're working on it. If that happens, contact them through support, they say they'll get to it eventually.

Thanks for mentioning this. I just got back from sending their support team an email about this but I'm glad to know they're aware of it.

Interesting promo! I'm jazzed to see what the other three upcoming bundles will contain (see the bottom of the promo's main page):

• The Difficult 2nd Bundle (~14 days until served)
  • The Really Big Bundle (~28 days until served)
  • The Alpha Fund Bundle (~42 days until served)

#12 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:39 PM

ARES seems like it plays like a Megaman X game, and I love the concept of an FPS Tower Defense game ala Sanctum, so I'll be picking this up for sure. Thanks OP!

EDIT: Oh yeah, and try to pay a penny more, people. I'll be doing the same. :]

#13 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:40 PM

right I understand that, but I dont get the point. Why would anyone pay more? Is it some kind of social experiment.

I think it's in the name of supporting indie developers. If they included a charity it would have been a better incentive to pay more than the average. Still, I went ahead and paid more than the average just to throw support at these devs anyway.

#14 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Well, in addition to being a social experiment, the top donators get a place on the front page as a top contributor. It's not unusual for a smaller developer to put their website as their name and get some publicity.

#15 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Not everyone is a CAG. Some people want to support the developers by paying an amount that they think is fair and can afford. If someone thinks these games are worth $20 and they have the money they may pay it.

#16 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:43 PM

Not everyone is a CAG. Some people want to support the developers by paying an amount that they think is fair and can afford. If someone thinks these games are worth $20 and they have the money they may pay it.

If they really wanted to support these developers wouldn't they have already bought the game at full price when it first came out? It's an interesting concept thats a spin on the humble bundles, I wonder how it will work out without the involvement of charity as a motivating factor to pay more.

I'd like to buy a bundle, but paypal is acting weird and I don't want to directly give them my cc.

#17 lilman

lilman

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

In at $2.34. I was interested in Sanctum anyway. Never heard of ARES but it looks cool. Too bad that, unlike humble indie bundles, these games are not Mac friendly.

Thanks op.

-Edit-
Tried to activate ARES on Steam and it said my key had already been activated on another Steam account. Sanctum and Nimbus activated just fine. Sent Indie Royal an email for a new key.

-Edit 2-
Got a new Steam key for ARES, activated fine.

Edited by lilman, 27 October 2011 - 12:52 PM.

#18 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

And here I was just thinking about buying Sanctum so I could get in on the free DLC from the IGN Prime trial. Excellent timing!

Edit:
My one concern is how this will affect the content of future Humble Bundles. If I can get variety from both without too much overlap, I'll probably get in on all of them, but if this starts to take up games that will be in later Humble Bundles (especially as these Royale ones come more frequently), then will that detract from the sales of the Humbles?

On the plus side, this is an interesting experiment in pricing models, and it's clear the success of the Humble Bundle has got people thinking. Seems like something that could really help PC gaming as a whole.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#19 Honeybaked Ham

Honeybaked Ham

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

Wow that is an awesome deal with some good games. Thanks for posting this op!

#20 sonicradiation

sonicradiation

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:52 PM

Paid $5.00 for the bundle.... enjoy!
They think it's all over. Well it is now.

#21 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:56 PM

My Sanctum Steam key doesn't work (says it's a duplicate) yet Nimbus and A.R.E.S. activated just fine.

Hopefully they'll fix this widespread error soon.

MARS

#22 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:57 PM

Exciting! They have three more bundles lined up for future release.

http://www.indieroyale.com/#upcoming

#23 EdgeZephyr

EdgeZephyr

Gear Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

I don't think I will be picking this up as I already have both ARES and Sanctum. (And the other two aren't really calling to me)

HOWEVER - I do recommend this purchase, at this price for anyone remotely interested. Both ARES and Sanctum are pretty solid and fun experiences, and you can't go wrong with em for the current price of less than $3. :D

Personally, I will probably jump at the sound of skeleton hooves and distant screaming for the rest of my life.

I think my wallet made a shrieking sound and scurried off into a dark corner, once I pulled up the Steam page.

Posted Image

#24 p5ych0

p5ych0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

do they give you separate keys for the games? like if i own sanctum could i give that key to a friend?

#25 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:12 PM

do they give you separate keys for the games? like if i own sanctum could i give that key to a friend?

Yes, keys for each game are separate.

#26 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:19 PM

bought in but they are having steam key issues
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#27 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:19 PM

Awesome bundle. Been waiting for a deal on ARES and Sanctum especially. So bought.

#28 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:24 PM

The minimum just went up to $2.56, but I bought a copy anyway. I've been wanting Sanctum for a while, and this is a great price for four games. Thanks OP!

#29 unless

unless

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:26 PM

Yes, keys for each game are separate.

Sold.

#30 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:28 PM

Would have paid 5 for ARES on it's own. Definitely in for this. Steam keys only sweeten the deal.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!