EA Origin Surprise Discount

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#1 SamuraiINC

SamuraiINC

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:54 AM

Just got an email from EA Origin for a promo code. It is part of a "Trick or Treat" themed promotion. You could get 10%, 20%, 30%, or 100% free on your purchase. Just have to use your promo code before the 1st of November.

Looked for a thread on this sorry if this has already been posted feel free to delete this.
Posted Image

#2 Troutyogurt

Troutyogurt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:56 AM

You use the promo code and you get a random discount?

Troutyogurt.png487267.png

#3 Bigjon901

Bigjon901

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:58 AM

just got this email too, seems it will only work once u pay for it, sucks imo.

#4 shibbyshoo

shibbyshoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:59 AM

I think it only works on the games that are linked in the email.

http://store.origin....goryID=57399500

I have a 20% off one if anyone is interested.
Posted Image

#5 KLind

KLind

One of mine knocked Alice down to 17.99

#6 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Hopefully there's more discounts other than just the four listed. Though I'd love it if I got a 100% discount code. Fill the cart to the brim and hope for a miracle. Big bucks, big bucks, no whammies.....and STOP!;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#7 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:00 AM

Yeah, I'm not a fan of unsure bets like this coupon. Thanks for posting this though, OP.

#8 SamuraiINC

SamuraiINC

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:00 AM

Haven't used it still deciding what to get, the exact wording of the email states:

All treats, no tricks.
Get a Surprise Discount at checkout.
10%, 20%, 30%, or 40%? A few lucky shoppers will even get 100% off! Use the promo code below to see how much you can save. (Valid through 11/1)
Posted Image

#9 shibbyshoo

shibbyshoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:01 AM

just got this email too, seems it will only work once u pay for it, sucks imo.

Just add whatever you want to the cart and check the percentage before checking out!
Posted Image

#10 could have won

could have won

Backlog Forever!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:03 AM

I wound up with a 40% off, so I'm going to have to see what's out there that's any good. One thing I did notice was that of course the list of games you can use it on doesn't include Battlefield 3, but who didn't see that coming?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:06 AM

Hopefully there's more discounts other than just the four listed. Though I'd love it if I got a 100% discount code. Fill the cart to the brim and hope for a miracle. Big bucks, big bucks, no whammies.....and STOP!;)

The 100% code only works on one game if you read the fine print. Here's the full fine print in case anyone needs to read it.

110% - 40% off: Offer expires on November 1, 2011. Value of discount will be deducted from product list price at time of purchase. Valid only for new purchases of up to 5 games ("product") from the Origin store at www.origin.com. Excludes pre-orders, games released within 30 days of your purchase, virtual currency and Game Time codes. Cannot be combined with any other offer, gift card, rebate or other discount coupons. Valid only in U.S., Canada. Limit one offer per person. Products subject to availability. Customers are responsible for shipping, handling and applicable sales tax. Offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. Retailers, distributors and employees of Electronic Arts Inc. and their agencies/affiliates are not eligible. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.

2100% off: Offer expires on November 1, 2011. Value of discount will be deducted from product list price at time of purchase. Valid only for new purchases of one game ("product") from the Origin store at www.origin.com. Excludes pre-orders, games released within 30 days of your purchase, virtual currency and Game Time codes. Cannot be combined with any other offer, gift card, rebate or other discount coupons. Valid only in U.S., Canada. Limit one offer per person. Product subject to availability. Customers are responsible for shipping, handling and applicable sales tax. Offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. Retailers, distributors and employees of Electronic Arts Inc. and their agencies/affiliates are not eligible. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.

Please know that at EA, we don't want to send you information you don't want to receive. If you no longer want us to contact you, please click here to unsubscribe from our mailing list. You can also write to: Privacy Policy Administrator, Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065.

©2011 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Legal Notice | Privacy Policy | Piracy | Terms of Service

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#12 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:07 AM

Got a 30%... not bad I guess I'll have to see if anything is worth while in the list. Probably not
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#13 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:08 AM

whats the email title? i am using my spam email which i registered EA accounts with

#14 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:09 AM

whats the email title? i am using my spam email which i registered EA accounts with

Title of the email: A surprise discount inside - how much will you save?

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#15 shibbyshoo

shibbyshoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:10 AM

A surprise discount inside - how much will you save?‏
Posted Image

#16 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:11 AM

I got a 30%....not sure if there is anything I want though. I was excited for Bf3, but alas, does not work

Can you stack this with a Birthday code?

#17 Quicksilvers

Quicksilvers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:14 AM

Just got an email from EA Origin for a promo code. It is part of a "Trick or Treat" themed promotion. You could get 10%, 20%, 30%, or 100% free on your purchase. Just have to use your promo code before the 1st of November.

Looked for a thread on this sorry if this has already been posted feel free to delete this.

Is that Bob in your sig?
"What is locked - can be opened. What is hidden - can be found. What is yours - can be mine." - Garrett

Posted Image

#18 joker______

joker______

Careful...Icarus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:16 AM

is this pc download only or console games as well ?
Posted Image

#19 SamuraiINC

SamuraiINC

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:21 AM

is this pc download only or console games as well ?

Console games as well. Not a big list though. There are few decent games Dante's Inferno and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit to name a few.
Posted Image

#20 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:25 AM

Ahhh crap. I guess that means I gotta go back through my spam I just deleted since I figured it would be titled with something to lemme know it's from EA.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#21 SamuraiINC

SamuraiINC

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:27 AM

I was about to purchase Skate 3 for $11.99 but shipping kills it for me, ended up being $18.99.
Posted Image

#22 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:29 AM

I was about to purchase Skate 3 for $11.99 but shipping kills it for me, ended up being $18.99.

So pretty much $1 off and free shipping, not worth it

#23 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:31 AM

20% -

6rzzh5n4fh8xw

#24 Yankeessuck193

Yankeessuck193

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:35 AM

Has anyone actually received the 100% code? If anyone has a 50% off code and doesn't want it, send it my way! Trying to get Alice for as cheap as I possibly can. Thanks guys!
The chance of getting a Touchpad at my local BB is the chance of Texas legalizing gay marriage with Rick Perry as the governor. :applause:

#25 Yankeessuck193

Yankeessuck193

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:38 AM

Man, $7 shipping completely defeats the purpose =(
The chance of getting a Touchpad at my local BB is the chance of Texas legalizing gay marriage with Rick Perry as the governor. :applause:

#26 joker______

joker______

Careful...Icarus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:39 AM

Console games as well. Not a big list though. There are few decent games Dante's Inferno and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit to name a few.

thanks for the reply,just tried it but shipping kills this badly.
Posted Image

#27 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:48 AM

5b6tphppqyza5

Too lazy to check what % it is. Only game I would've been interested in was Battlefield 3.

it's a 30%

#28 rucky

rucky

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:55 AM

I've been itching to buy BF3 for the weekend. Anybody got a 30%+ code so I can start my killing tonight?

#29 shibbyshoo

shibbyshoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:57 AM

I've been itching to buy BF3 for the weekend. Anybody got a 30%+ code so I can start my killing tonight?

Unfortunately the codes don't work for BF3. :cry:
Posted Image

#30 rucky

rucky

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:59 AM

Unfortunately the codes don't work for BF3. :cry:

I hate the world :cry: