Free Telltale Jurassic Park: The Game with PS+ 1 year subscription

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 BloodiedWraith

BloodiedWraith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:38 PM

Sign up for a 1 year PS+ subscription and get Jurassic Park: The Game for free to keep even after the subscription expires. This is valid for new subscriptions and for people renewing their subscription during 11/1 and 11/8.

Seems like a good deal especially since Jurassic Park will be $29.99 and a subscription is normally $49.99.

http://blog.us.plays...ear-of-ps-plus/

#2 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:41 PM

might be time to stack on another year of Plus to my subscription

#3 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

Damn; sold!!!

I'll renew it knowing I get this game included in. Thanks Op.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#4 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:28 PM

Tempting to extend my sub out another year. I'm already set till 2013 though so I think I'll pass on it. Really good deal though. If I can find a deal on the sub card for $40 again this week I'll probably get in on this anyway. Unless it's only available if you buy through PSN.

#5 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

the thing i dont like about PS+ is when your subscription is expired the free games wont work.

#6 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:44 PM

tempting... never done PS+ before (rarely play my PS3). I already have this pre-ordered on D2D, so i dunno

SteamWidget.PNG

#7 BloodiedWraith

BloodiedWraith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:46 PM

This works no matter where you buy the PS+ 1 year as long as you renew it during the week mentioned.

Also trunks982, this game you keep after your PS+ subscription ends.

#8 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

This works no matter where you buy the PS+ 1 year as long as you renew it during the week mentioned.

Also trunks982, this game you keep after your PS+ subscription ends.

i thought about getting PS+ when they were giving out the free Resident Evil games and Plants VS Zombie.

#9 rollntider

rollntider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:50 PM

I just renewed Saturday.... thanks Sony not extending it

#10 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

the thing i dont like about PS+ is when your subscription is expired the free games wont work.

That is generally true but not in this case. See the OP's link; the PS staff member states that this game is yours even when your + runs out.

Well, my sub was running out in December anyway, so I'm probably going to have to bite on this even though it will put the hurt on my wallet!

#11 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

well hot damn Sony. I wasn't going to renew right away as frankly I can't handle all the free games they've given out (yes you read that right, too many games!) but I was going to buy JP so this seems like a no-brainer

#12 BloodiedWraith

BloodiedWraith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

I just renewed Saturday.... thanks Sony not extending it

I definitely understand that - there's a ton of people on the blog mentioning the same thing. They are however offering a discount for existing members off of the game, although they won't say what the discount is until later today. I'm renewed until sometime in 2013 so I probably won't be taking advantage of this.

#13 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

My sub is up on the 11th, I think I may have to jump on this. Thanks OP

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#14 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:37 PM

nice... will prob get

#15 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:43 PM

I'm in.

#16 kennedykougar

kennedykougar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:52 PM

wonder if we can use the $10 voucher from the buy $60 promo :|

#17 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:59 PM

If I already have $40 on my psn account, can I just buy a $10 or $20 psn card from kmart and pay $49.99 for the ps+ membership through the playstation store?

If so, this would make an awesome filler item at kmart so I can buy uncharted 3 + metal gear collection + psn card to bring my total to over $110 and thus qualify for their $50 gift certificate.

#18 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:07 PM

If I already have $40 on my psn account, can I just buy a $10 or $20 psn card from kmart and pay $49.99 for the ps+ membership through the playstation store?

If so, this would make an awesome filler item at kmart so I can buy uncharted 3 + metal gear collection + psn card to bring my total to over $110 and thus qualify for their $50 gift certificate.

Yes you can

#19 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:26 PM

Was going to renew anyway! Thanks op!

KneeKnee.png

#20 hostyl1

hostyl1

Rejoice commoners!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:35 PM

Yes you can

But you still wont qualify for the Kmart coupon since all $110 must be spent on gaming SOFTWARE (i.e. games). Points/sub cards are *not* included.
Posted Image

#21 Rav

Rav

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

This deal is very tempting, and I'll probably go through with it (been meaning to get PS+ anyway). Quick question though. I have the 360 version of Jurassic Park pre-ordered on Amazon for $40. Is the downloadable PS3 version only going to be $30, or could that be a typo?
Posted Image
Steam/Xfire ->
Spoiler

#22 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

This deal is very tempting, and I'll probably go through with it (been meaning to get PS+ anyway). Quick question though. I have the 360 version of Jurassic Park pre-ordered on Amazon for $40. Is the downloadable PS3 version only going to be $30, or could that be a typo?

It's possible that it could be a typo, I mean they've screwed up their blog in the past so it definitely could happen. I doubt it's a typo though.

#23 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

I think it is supposed to be $39.99. $30 could be the PS+ price since they mentioned a discount.

#24 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

This is my kind of deal.

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco

#25 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

Tempting. It doesn't even need to be purchased through the PS Store. Anyone know of a way to get a cheap PS+ voucher?

#26 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

I think it is supposed to be $39.99. $30 could be the PS+ price since they mentioned a discount.

That's possible, but you would think they'd say it's a $39.99 value to make it look like you're getting a better deal.

EDIT: Nevermind, if it were $40 the PS+ price would be about $32 so that explanation doesn't seem likely. The PS+ discount is 20% off.

#27 Tgebbs

Tgebbs

Black Label

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

definitely jumping on this, super pumped because I was going to re-sub soon anyway.

#28 Todd33

Todd33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

How do you tell how much time is left on your current sub?

#29 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:11 PM

Find a PS+ item you recently downloaded. Press triangle on it, click information, and it should tell you the expiration date at the bottom.

#30 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:12 PM

Account Management>Transactions>Services>PS Plus.

Alternatively some (but not all) of the free games will show the expiration when you highlight them with the triangle button. Do note that some of the expiration dates are off as Sony extended everyone's membership by like 3 months because of the PSN hack.