Photo
- - - - -

Keep eye on mailbox if you're GZ Unlocked: Four pretty good coupons! B2G1, more!

• Please log in to reply
618 replies to this topic

#1 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

Hey all!

First off, super big apologies if this has been posted. The valid dates are 9/12 - 12/31, which makes me think these have been in circulation for a while. I follow the trade-in thread quite a bit, and don't recall hearing about these. Maybe I have selective memory? Did a search but didn't see anything...

Anyway, I signed up for Best Buy's GamerZone Unlocked about a month and a half ago. I still haven't received my first issue of the magazine in the mail, but today I got these coupons:

Posted Image

Pretty good offers; better than normal throw-away trash, that's for sure. So, yeah, keep an eye out!

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#2 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:51 PM

Ha! I just posted this in the BB trade thread but I kind of thought it needed its own so thanks OP!!

#3 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:07 PM

Look at the dates. Would have been nice to have had his when I was doing the 5/$100 deal.

#4 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

Can I use the 50% off on the penny guides?

#5 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

i just signed up a few days ago, maybe I'll use my 100 dollar certificate to do a B2G1 free, maybe the new zelda will be 39.99 one of these days

#6 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

Hmm... damn, seems like I'm going to have to sign up for Unlocked now. Been meaning to do it the past few days but been busy with homework.

@Confoosious: Lol. I laughed.

#7 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

Oh man wish I would have sined up for this...b2g1 would have been awesome on 11/15 releases.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#8 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

B2G1 can come in handy. Thanks op, will be sure to check my mail.

#9 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:25 PM

limiting b2g1 free on 39.99 games for the free one :/ Dang. Wanted to get Skyrim CE + MW HE + Free Batman CE

#10 C00KIEM0NSTER

C00KIEM0NSTER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:25 PM

The B2G1 FRee on New games is only for games up to $39.99, seriously??

#11 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

Look at the dates. Would have been nice to have had his when I was doing the 5/$100 deal.

Oh man wish I would have sined up for this...b2g1 would have been awesome on 11/15 releases.

B2G1 on new are for titles $39.99 and below. So all the big releases for the 5/100 deal would not have qualified anyway. Let's hope for some Dec sales though.

#12 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

It's still a good deal. If the games go on sale, or you manage to price match them, then it can work in your favor. With the holiday season right around the corner....

#13 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:28 PM

Ooh..

NMV then :)

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#14 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:31 PM

The B2G1 FRee on New games is only for games up to $39.99, seriously??

Nothing wrong with that. I'm figuring on working something around Halo Anniversary with this coupon if I receive it in time. Figure there will enough price drops on other items to throw something else in the mix, plus also the possibility of using it on Black Friday makes it very very interesting indeed....
Posted Image

#15 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:32 PM

Great and I've been fighting to get my unlocked for a month now, so I won't get the coupons :(
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#16 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

I wonder if I will receive this in the mail anytime soon...

That B2G1 on $39.99 could come in handy for me:
Ultimate MvC, and I don't know what else.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#17 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

I wonder if I will receive this in the mail anytime soon...

That B2G1 on $39.99 could come in handy for me:
Ultimate MvC, and I don't know what else.

well if the coupon doesn't restrict sales items, there could be some good stuff coming up.

#18 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:55 PM

Yeah, I just read the back and there's surprisingly no exclusions... So it should stack with sales no problem.

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#19 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:57 PM

well if the coupon doesn't restrict sales items, there could be some good stuff coming up.

I'm sory dude, but would you mind expanding on that thought?

The only notable qualifying title for me is Ultimate MvC... and that is because I only have a PS3. I'm sure I'm missing some other good $39.99 and under title right?
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:

#20 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

I'm sory dude, but would you mind expanding on that thought?

The only notable qualifying title for me is Ultimate MvC... and that is because I only have a PS3. I'm sure I'm missing some other good $39.99 and under title right?

I'm certainly not one to try to speak for Confoosious, but I would imagine he's simply referring to the fact that BB puts $59.99 games on sale for $39.99 from time to time and that you could use it on those.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#21 akilshohen

akilshohen

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:29 PM

You could buy Just Dance PS3 in Dec. LOL. There's also DR2OTR

#22 ticktack

ticktack

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

Hopefully this coupon gets to me before the 15th. I'd love to snag Halo Anniversary free when I pick up Assassin's Creed and Saints Row.

fss_overall.png

#23 gossamer

gossamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:33 PM

I could definitely use these coupons with birthdays and christmas coming up.

#24 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:34 PM

Hopefully this coupon gets to me before the 15th. I'd love to snag Halo Anniversary free when I pick up Assassin's Creed and Saints Row.

I wonder if that would work...I was thinking all the games had to be $39.99 but I would see no reason why 2 of the games could be more than that.

#25 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:39 PM

That is right! Off the Record is indeed a qualifier. Forgot about that.
Posted Image

Now playing:

#26 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:40 PM

I'm certainly not one to try to speak for Confoosious, but I would imagine he's simply referring to the fact that BB puts $59.99 games on sale for $39.99 from time to time and that you could use it on those.

yeah that's all i meant. I dont have the coupon yet so I'm not sure if it says "not valid on sale items" or anything. Though mattcube says there's no such language.

#27 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:43 PM

yeah that's all i meant. I dont have the coupon yet so I'm not sure if it says "not valid on sale items" or anything. Though mattcube says there's no such language.

Ok now I understand.

Thanks guys, and lets hope that happens!
Posted Image

Now playing:

#28 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

Great and I've been fighting to get my unlocked for a month now, so I won't get the coupons :(

Let me guess - you were at @Gamer subscriber before this whole Unlocked thing happened, and you used that coupon they sent you with one of your issues for the free Unlocked membership, but it hasn't taken effect yet? Because that's the shit I'm going through, and after speaking with, like, five different departments over the phone, none of which know how to solve my issue or know who, exactly, I need to speak to, and having two of my emails ignored, it seems like nobody is actually able to do anything for me.
Posted Image

#29 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

Here are some games for PS3 that you might be interested in for $39.99:

God of War Origins Collection
ICO and SotC Collection
Splintercell Collection
Dead Rising Off the Record
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

#30 almasy82

almasy82

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:08 PM

Let me guess - you were at @Gamer subscriber before this whole Unlocked thing happened, and you used that coupon they sent you with one of your issues for the free Unlocked membership, but it hasn't taken effect yet? Because that's the shit I'm going through, and after speaking with, like, five different departments over the phone, none of which know how to solve my issue or know who, exactly, I need to speak to, and having two of my emails ignored, it seems like nobody is actually able to do anything for me.

I can tell you exactly what happened and how to fix it. When they originally did your transaction they did it incorrectly. They were suppost to scan a sheet that had the code on it and then use the coupon. The only way to fix is to have the manager bring up your past receipt in the system (you dont' need it) and have then have them ring it through correctly and then scan your coupon (or in your case give you a credit). When the coupon came out most best buys didn't even have the sheet to scan before the coupon. My best buy brought up all the purchases and redid them including mine, but that is a crapshoot. Go in see the manager have it fixed. They can bring up your past reciept. Basically what they did is ring in a coupon with no product for a lot of people including me...lmao
also got my coupons today ... got my gamer mag originally for $9.99 with gears 3 discount and free unlocked yes... go me