CAGcast #260: We're Too Classy To Call This Episode Skyrimjobs

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:09 AM

Shipwreck plays a lot of Skyrim, Wombat stops telling jokes, and CheapyD is in demand.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

Download - 83 minutes, 50MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Support the CAGcast: FREE AUDIBLE 2 WEEK TRIAL & AUDIOBOOK
http://www.netxtrack...ADID=476689

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro: I am Humanoid by Tony Fox NYC - Outro: Skyrim by Harry Partridge

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Edited by CheapyD, 10 November 2011 - 01:02 PM.

#2 wiiheat

wiiheat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:08 PM

I would lookup my old girlfriends, if I knew any of their last names.

Edited by wiiheat, 10 November 2011 - 05:47 PM.

#3 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:17 PM

Oh damn Cheapy. You showed that girl who's the biggest pimp now! No need for sadness.

No worries Wombat. I like you.

Just a quick explanation of the NeoGAF and UC3 aiming situation. Arne is the main PR guy for Naughty Dog and he's a regular on GAF so when he saw the huge thread of complaints, he decided to invite some guys over to do a play test of the game and tell them what's wrong with it. They took feedback from them and will use it to fix any issues that is in the SP mode. The reason why NeoGAF got the invite was because the guys there posted very detailed explanations and videos of the problems they're having. It's cool that they listened.

Edited by LiK, 10 November 2011 - 02:11 PM.

63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#4 Kung Fu ZEPHYR

Kung Fu ZEPHYR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:20 PM

Three is the magic number!! Looking forward to this podcast. . . .

#5 gorgo

gorgo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:26 PM

To all the haters last episode, I am a fan of Wombat. I also think adding Shipwreck really helps the show, but I think the chemistry between the group works.

Wombat has the balls to try a lot of jokes, even though he knows they won't all hit. Frequently enough, they really are funny.

Keep the Wombat!

Also, Shipwreck, how can you now name your Skyrim character Shore Leave?

#6 Guest_VonWolfman_*

Guest_VonWolfman_*

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:34 PM

[quote name='gorgo']To all the haters last episode, I am a fan of Wombat. I also think adding Shipwreck really helps the show, but I think the chemistry between the group works.

Wombat has the balls to try a lot of jokes, even though he knows they won't all hit. Frequently enough, they really are funny.

Keep the Wombat!

Totally agree with these statements, the show is great the way it is, look forward to listening every week.

#7 testudo

testudo

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

Cheapy: no more gloating, it makes you look stupid and pathetic
Wombat: increase the comedy
Ship: decrease the comedy

"I'm saving your future for a rainy day."
Check out the best gaming website in/for the world: sustainablegamers.tumblr.com

#8 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

Downloading the show now. I would like to go on record and say that every show is entertaining. Bad jokes, good jokes, poop stories and excel spreadsheets... I love it all. Keep up the good work fellas.

#9 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:22 PM

Downloaded! Can't wait to listen.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#10 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:37 PM

I don't understand by the big WoW player Wombat talked to would want to buy an Xbox 360 for Skyrim when he probably already has a PC that could play it.

Perhaps Wombat could send him this link and save him $200.

http://store.steampo...d.com/app/72850

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#11 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

I don't understand by the big WoW player Wombat talked to would want to buy an Xbox 360 for Skyrim when he probably already has a PC that could play it.

He has a Mac and he is not very tech savvy.

#12 AriesDog

AriesDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:42 PM

Are you kidding? WoW requirements are pretty low. It's a 7-year old game. The recommended requirements for Skyrim PC are kind of beefy. http://en.wikipedia....rim#Development

#13 AriesDog

AriesDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:45 PM

I see no problem with Shipwreck as a character name in Skyrim. That's a term that would exist in a sword & sorcery world.

#14 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

Oh, well that makes sense then. Honestly, it never occurred to me that a big WoW player would be playing it on a Mac, but there's probably hundreds of thousands of them out there.

That makes me wonder, are you guys going to play Diablo 3 on your Macs or just wait for the rumored console version?

#15 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:07 PM

Wombat - haters gonna hate. Don't listen to them. This is the podcast I look forward to the most each week.

I just got to the Skyrim section and after listening to Shipwreck I really don't know what I'm going to do. I'm about 20% into Batman, Gears 3 is still shrinkwrapped and I don't even play Call of Duty or Battlefield or any of those games. Zelda is coming and Skyrim sounds massive. Ugh.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#16 War Art

War Art

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:15 PM

Been listening for a few years and it sucks the Wombat jokes were gone for most of the episode he adds most of the humor, comedy is subjective but I sure laugh a lot. Cheapy has some great stories, but mostly acts as a host to keep things rolling etc. which is a good thing. Shipwreck adds lots of serious, and much needed information, which after a while you kinda forget he wasn't there to start with. Also excellent reviews. How was this a video game podcast before him ? lol. I think if anyone leaves this show, I would be done with it. I hope to listen until you give it up or run it into the ground. =D By the way, why must we talk about this every month because some idiot didn't like a joke. You are all great in your own ways. Damn it lets move on already, Kazoo!

#17 party151

party151

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

Wombat don't change man hater's gonna hate. Your funny enough for me as are the rest of you that is why I listen every week. also to note it is a video game podcast not a comedy podcast. You guys are great keep up the great podcast. So many good game this season which ones are you most excited for or like the most out of the ones that you have played. Battlefield or modern warfare 3? Skyrim or dark souls? Where should our money go this holiday season? Looking forward to the new starwars MMO any thoughts?

#18 soliddragon

soliddragon

Early Adopter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:34 PM

WOMBAT!!! Auto Club Revolution me man! I'm down for some beta action!
'Give me, One more medicated peaceful moment'
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:ds: :360: :ps3: :3ds: :wii: :pc:

Spoiler

#19 Colgol

Colgol

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:43 PM

Just wanted to say that te CAGcast wouldn't be the same without the wits of wombat. His jokes are no worse thean Cheapy's. Also Wombat is the one on the CAGcast that has the most understanding of the business and marketing in the game industry, and is allways interresting linstening to when comes with his views on the business!

Colgol/anders
"Doh"

colgol.jpg

#20 drkshr

drkshr

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

Wombat is funny.

#21 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:54 PM

I agree, Wombat should never give up his comedy.

On the video logging, CheapyD, defnitely make them about nothing. At least you didn't get the Michael Jackson figma. That is creepy.

Batsugunner.png

#22 Made2Last

Made2Last

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:01 PM

On my Honeymoon in Monterey, won't listen to this episode until I get home, but feel compelled to add feedback. I like your show exactly how it is. If you guys are really bored with it you should consider making changes, but if it's still fun and you were happy with it before the criticism, who cares?

Ultimately you are making something for the people, but if you hate doing it or don't want to change then what's the point? Thanks for your show!

#23 thefordprefect

thefordprefect

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

Just wrap your arms around yourself and squeeze. Honestly, though Wombat is Lou Costello to Cheapy and Ship's Abbott. You have to have a straight man to have someone make that many otherwise bad jokes work and they work well.

#24 SteveDaWonder

SteveDaWonder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

I'd like to point out that I like listening to Wombat, Shipwreck, and CheapyD. They are three of my favorite podcast hosts. Wombat is great. At the end of every comment everyone should post...

WOMBAT IS AWESOME!
Posted Image

#25 GORILMONSTA

GORILMONSTA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

Hey shipwreck how about when your done with your MW3 if you get it on PS3, pass it over to me.

#26 youruglyclone

youruglyclone

Last Man in Userplane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:08 PM

Re: batman arkham city

Technically cheapy and wombat do have the batman beyond skin.
Wombat I sent you a pm about it, there's still a code waiting for you.
Cheapy I dropped it via im.

#27 GORILMONSTA

GORILMONSTA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:14 PM

Wombat can i get a beta key can i play Auto Club revolution on a mac, and I will take a key please.

#28 Filler2001

Filler2001

Literary Mercenary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:39 PM

Wombat is the only one on the show who can even be classified as funny.

If I had to say, I would guess that:
70% of Wombats jokes work
30% of Cheapys
N/A of Shipwrecks

Also, whenever Cheapy has a shitty opinion, Wombat is usually the first to call it out.

#29 Frogurt.man

Frogurt.man

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

Wow calling Shipwreck A-sexual yikes. Fun podcast though.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#30 tigstah

tigstah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:48 PM

shipwreck loves skyrim. i may have to get this game.
there was a discussion about skylanders and how much money it has generated....shipwreck...its not skyrim...lol.