#1 blackcracker

blackcracker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:08 AM

Check out the case skin thread here.

Quicky Review and Tale of the Tape
by CheapyD

Hey, I just got my Logitech PlayGear PSP Case today from EBgames.com and I am very impressed. Not only is the case cool looking, but I actually prefer playing the PSP with it inside the case. If you have larger hands like myself, you would probably feel the same way. EDIT: I now see the trouble with the latch as mentioned in the review from PSPWorld. It can be easily recitfied by opening the case from the side. This may be a design feature to prevent accidental opening.

I measured both the Logitech case and the Value Pack case to illustrate the similarities in size. I have attached below a scan of both cases.

Logitech PlayGear - Width: 7 1/4 inches & Height: 3 3/4 inches
Value Pack Case - Width : 7 3/8 inches & Height: 3 5/8 inches

As you can see, the size differences are negligible, with the Logitech case having the advantage in width but not height. The Logitech case is also heavier and more voluminous, yet remains pocket-sized for me. Your milage may vary (I have big pockets ;)).

For someone who has used the PSP for quite a bit music playback, the Logitech case is a life saver. To prevent accidental presses I no longer need to use rely on the somewhat tricky "Hold" switch or the evil white snake known as the Value Pack Remote. The case does just fine protecting against unwanted button presses, yet allows one to change tracks with the shoulder buttons, even with the case closed. If I do need to access the full controls, its no problem to quickly open the case, make my selections and slide it back into my pocket.

The Logitech PlayGear Case is highly recommended.

GameStop: http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=801992
Use coupon code FREESHIPALL for free shipping

EBgames: http://www.ebgames.c...duct/256290.asp

Additional Review from PSPWorld

#2 Technique

Technique

I AM THE SECRAT INGREDINT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:21 AM

sweet man, nice find. been wanting to check this one out.

#3 Negative

Negative

Leave my wallet alone

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:23 AM

Is this case out already? Didnt see it at any local game shops. Looks like the best bet out there.

#4 Pancake Rabbit

Pancake Rabbit

Have A Cigar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:36 AM

I'm getting this case when it comes out...april 14th I believe.

Posted Image

#5 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:39 AM

Looks nice, and $20 isn't bad.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#6 blackcracker

blackcracker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:41 AM

Is this case out already? Didnt see it at any local game shops. Looks like the best bet out there.

Not till the 14th of this month.

#7 FFMooglestar

FFMooglestar

SoCal Living.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:32 AM

Does that Screen Protector come with the Logitech package?

#8 blackcracker

blackcracker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:44 AM

Does that Screen Protector come with the Logitech package?

What do you mean? Are you refering to the cover of the logitech case? Or like a thin film screen protector like brando or hori? If you are refering to the later the answere is no.

#9 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 11:27 AM

I read the review and it did not give a good answer to this question, do you have to take the case off every time you change a UMD disc?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#10 alongx

alongx

Soy loco por el Cornball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:45 PM

I read the review and it did not give a good answer to this question, do you have to take the case off every time you change a UMD disc?

I think it said that you can't reach the UMD drive, the MagicGate slot, or the battery with the case on. What disappoints me is that the stupid latch apparently is too tight.
My gaming tally:

Posted Image

#11 notoriousxbox

notoriousxbox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:45 PM

This is from the review :

"Your PSP is totally playable while inside the case with the lid up. The above-mentioned openings allow for complete access to all controls and ports except the USB and UMD door."

I would take it that you couldn't change games while in the case or have the usb cord hooked up while in that case.

I have the Aero Case and am quite pleased by it. Would recommend to anyone out there looking for a case.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 simplygriff

simplygriff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 02:45 PM

notoriousxbox: Where did you get your aero? As much as I love the look and idea of the hard case logitech I have a hard time justifying it since it doesn't hold any extra UMD's or allow you to change discs without taking it out. I'm constantly changing discs.
-G

Posted Image

Brawl code: SMPLG 0087-2014-4891 - PM if you Add me!

#13 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 07 April 2005 - 02:55 PM

I've been waiting on this too...can't wait to check it out in-store.

#14 notoriousxbox

notoriousxbox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:49 PM

notoriousxbox: Where did you get your aero? As much as I love the look and idea of the hard case logitech I have a hard time justifying it since it doesn't hold any extra UMD's or allow you to change discs without taking it out. I'm constantly changing discs.
-G

I got my aerocase off of ebay.

Here's some pics of the case. It comes in Blue and Black.

http://www.lik-sang....-airo-case-blue

You can go to ebay and grab one. Lik-sang.com also has them available. I dont know this site but its supposed to be a local as in NA seller of the aero case :

http://www.ncsxshop....html?mv_pc=1275

Now just as a warning the case has 2 slots open to put games, look at this pic the bottom part :

http://www.lik-sang....ase-blue&show=3

You can slide the UMD in there by itself and it fits. I'm not satisified with the protection cause of the open hole on the back of the umd. Any dust or debris gets in the case imo it can be easily transfered to the umd, then transfered into the psp disc drive itself and that worries me. What I put in that flap is the cleaning cloth and my memory stick.

The top half is what i put my games in. I purchased the UMD game cases that snap close. Again there are umd cases that u can slide the umd in and out of but I didnt feel good using those. You can fit 4 games in the cases in the top mesh part.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:15 PM

Sold! I'll be buying this as soon as I can find it.

#16 Krazy88

Krazy88

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:38 AM

nice. will get one when the case hits the store.

#17 Zer0X1999

Zer0X1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:32 PM

Wow, does the case look sweet. I think I can handle that latch problem, so I'll be picking it up.
Posted Image

#18 Wario64

Wario64

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:24 AM

I'll be picking it up too, but I really wish it had a pouch to carry UMD games. Aero Case looks good for that function, but I need a really hard and protective case.

#19 Wario64

Wario64

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:19 AM

Crap, it appears it got delayed next week

#20 sj41

sj41

That's Bitchin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2005 - 05:10 AM

I'll pick this up once it comes out. My PSP needs the protection.

#21 JDMxB

JDMxB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2005 - 04:01 PM

Definately picking this bad boy up--I'll be hounding my EB the day of to see if they got them in.

#22 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 13 April 2005 - 04:31 PM

Crap, it appears it got delayed next week

Lame...I was really hoping to swing by EB on Friday and pick up this case and possibly Spy vs Spy for $15.

GameStop still has it listed for the 14th...dare to dream.
http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=801992

#23 sononkyo

sononkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2005 - 07:03 PM

$20 for a case...haha, no way in hell I'm forking over a jackson. If I was in grade school though, it would be cool to get as protection in my backpack with my sack lunch from my mommy. Or if you like shiny accessories and want to geek it out. Pencil protector gadgets have evolved, I'll give you that.

Point being, I'm old enough not to Fuck it up. $5 screen protectors ok. not $20 turtle shell.

And if you do have $20 to spend on a case, might as well chip in another $10 for a crapusa protection plan. Wouldn't that be more prudent when you drop your PSP?

#24 Wario64

Wario64

Posted 13 April 2005 - 07:38 PM

Lame...I was really hoping to swing by EB on Friday and pick up this case and possibly Spy vs Spy for $15.

GameStop still has it listed for the 14th...dare to dream.
http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=801992

Hmm, I swore ebgames had a release date of 4/20 a couple days ago, and now it says it's coming out this Thursday/Friday. Pretty strange...hopefully this is the right date

#25 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 13 April 2005 - 07:53 PM

Hmm, I swore ebgames had a release date of 4/20 a couple days ago, and now it says it's coming out this Thursday/Friday. Pretty strange...hopefully this is the right date

You are not crazy... I checked EBgames.com yesterday after you posted and indeed, the date was 4/20 and it was originally 4/14.
Now its 4/15.

#26 antHraxz

antHraxz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2005 - 02:06 AM

Gamestop still has it listed as the 14th. Why isn't it listed on the BB or CC websites?

#27 JebusMcLucifer

JebusMcLucifer

I'm your Superbeast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2005 - 02:17 AM

You are not crazy... I checked EBgames.com yesterday after you posted and indeed, the date was 4/20 and it was originally 4/14.
Now its 4/15.

I pre-ordered from ebgames.com First it said it would be released 4/14. A few days ago I got an e-mail saying it would be released 4/20, then today I got an e-mail saying 4/15. So, hopefully the date does'nt change again.
Posted Image
I like my women like I like my coffee... ground up and in the freezer.

#28 masha

masha

Russian Insult Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2005 - 02:20 AM

I ordered this case from EB on 3/25. Expected Ship Date: 04/15/05. It did change from 20 though. WhoHoo. Can't wait.
:arrow: *I Keed I Keed*.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:32 AM

$20 for a case...haha, no way in hell I'm forking over a jackson. If I was in grade school though, it would be cool to get as protection in my backpack with my sack lunch from my mommy. Or if you like shiny accessories and want to geek it out. Pencil protector gadgets have evolved, I'll give you that.

Point being, I'm old enough not to Fuck it up. $5 screen protectors ok. not $20 turtle shell.

And if you do have $20 to spend on a case, might as well chip in another $10 for a crapusa protection plan. Wouldn't that be more prudent when you drop your PSP?

...But it's also a STAND!....

#30 YeahRight13

YeahRight13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2005 - 03:03 PM

thats a pretty tight man yeah the cover that comes with the psp sucks ass