No love for AC:Revelations?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:48 AM

With so many great games that have come out, I haven't thought much about Assassins Creed Revelations until my lady-friend Ivy from Gamestop left a message about midnight launch. Not only did I not really think about the upcoming release, which I had paid off a couple months ago...I forgot about how much I love this series. I'm surprised no one has already started a thread for this game.

Anybody else finding their excitement rekindled with the release of AC:R just a couple days away? Here's a thread at NEOGAF that gives just about every piece of info on the new game and the series you could possibly want (which I had to resort to cuz there was no thread here!):

http://www.neogaf.co...20#post32488420

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#2 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:09 AM

I am glad it is coming out, but I won't be picking it up until next year after it hits the $30 range. I picked up AC:B last year at Black Friday and still haven't opened it. :(

I really dug ACII though and am looking forward to playing the 2nd and 3rd games of Ezio's story.

#3 praxus07

praxus07

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:04 AM

Actually never got into AC before. A friends gave me his copy of the first AC, figured I'd try it out since it is kinda hyped, and I ended up Hating it. Couldn't stand the gameplay, and the story itself wasn't my cuppa tea either. Sooo glad I never actually spent any money on this, though it is sucky that either the game stays in my library, never played, gets tossed in the garbage, or I trade it in to GS for fifty cents.
Praxus_07.png

#4 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:14 AM

Enjoyed the first two, but haven't even cracked open Brotherhood yet. Too many other good IPs out there releasing games less frequently demand my attention. Will play it eventually, probably late 2012 at this rate.

#5 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:20 AM

If you rent this remember ubisoft jumped aboard the EA bandwagon and it needs an online pass for the MP

#6 Nealocus123

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:23 AM

Totally got side tracked with MW3, BF3, Arkham City, etc. but a few days ago when I realized I had to work the midnight release for AC:R I too remembered how much I love this series. In all honestly, other than Uncharted and Half-Life it is by far one of my favorite franchises of all time. I'll be picking it up at midnight and playing it all day Tuesday and Wendsday. I'll let you all know how it is!

#7 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:42 AM

Unless you want the Signature Edition from Gamestop to get the extra content (which is what I'm doing,) only BF sale for the game is $35 at Best Buy. Praxus, I would at least give AC II a shot before you write off the whole series, it's MUCH better than AC 1.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#8 Ashwood

Ashwood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:11 AM

I was excited about this game, but heard some bad things about it from people who got their pre-order copies early.

Too short, very buggy, and the new gameplay elements aren't much fun seem to be common complaints.

I gave in and watched a couple of videos of it on youtube. The only thing that struck me was Constantinople, it didn't look nearly as detailed and lush as Rome and all the locations in AC:2, it looked rushed.

I'm hoping some good reviews tomorrow will get me excited about it again (enough to buy it full price).

#9 razrvamp

razrvamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

I really need to get off my ass and play brotherhood

#10 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:07 PM

Brotherhood was the best in the series and ultimately why I now love to the franchise. Both the single player and multi were great. U gotta play that one for the ending, which will make the story in revelations relevant.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#11 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:31 PM

Already have it paid off at Best Buy, though I don't plan on going to the midnight release. I love the past three games. The first one was really repetitive, but still enjoyable. Hoping the reviews are good if what Ashwood said is true. Really hope it isn't that short. The multiplayer was a surprise in Brotherhood and a very nice one at that.

#12 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

I'll probably get it on BF from BB since I have a $10 GC to burn. Overall I really like the series, but I'm probably one of the few that liked the original more than the rest of the series. I still loved AC2 and Brotherhood, but they have more of an action-y element to them. I really liked the assassination methods of the first one. You'd sneak up on your target in the middle of the crowd, silently stab him with the hidden blade then just walk away and disappear into the crowd. You were gone before the guy even hit the floor. In AC2 and BH the stealth is pretty much gone.

#13 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:39 PM

All I know is I was kind bored playing last year's AC game. I think once a year is too much for that game. As of right now, I really don't have any interest in playing Revelations. That could easily change at any time though. I wouldn't doubt I end up playing the game eventually.

#14 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

I don't know. Something about Brotherhood really got my attention. It didn't at first and felt like just more ac2. But after walking away from it, I picked it and the story took off, the missions were varied and engaging. Even the DaVinci disappearance dlc was darn good. And I paid full price for that dlc!

Chubbyninja1319.png

#15 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:08 PM

Just started Brotherhood yesterday, and I'm loving it. I pretty much like AC1, LOVED AC2. The puzzles to solve was an invredible angle, and the time out of the Animus was much more interesting this time. Kmart has it on their list of B1G1 half off, so I'll be picking it up tomorrow along with Saints Row 3 likely.

#16 Kaoz

Kaoz

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:09 PM

My favorite new IP this gen (unless you count fallout 3 as new, because it is such a departure from the series)

But I am waiting on this one because of that signature edition crap. I will wait until it his 10-15 used because I hate the idea of locking content to a retailer, and this locks a freaking single player mission to a retailer. Going to make sure I buy this one used so they don't get any $ off of the sale.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 Ashwood

Ashwood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:07 PM

Too lazy to link all the reviews I've found. While they vary, everyone seems to hate this tower defence side-quest. Apparently you can't avoid them either.

#18 matto1233

matto1233

frooooom chicagooo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:24 AM

I love the AC series, but with Skyrim and BF3, I most likely won't be getting around to this until Christmas at the earliest.

#19 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:36 AM

As with all ass creed games, I'm waiting for $20 or less. Still trying to find brotherhood around that price actually.

#20 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:44 AM

I'm pretty stoked for it, I'm going to the midnight release at GameStop to pick it up along with Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom tonight.

#21 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:27 AM

I've never played an Assassin's Creed game before, and was thinking about getting revelations, but after seeing it's meh meh reviews on metacritic, I'm thinking otherwise

#22 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:02 AM

Didnt want to up an old thread so I'll just ask here, was any of the preorder content for AC:Brotherhood available as DLC later on? Like the Best Buy,Amazon skins

#23 Gears24

Gears24

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:10 AM

Eh,honestly didn't like AC:Brotherhood MP.

#24 helluvagood

helluvagood

HURRICANE VENUS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:25 AM

just gonna download it for pc, like ive done for the whole series lol, dont care for the multiplayer
Posted Image

#25 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:50 AM

The reviews don't seem too bad. Excited to pick this up tomorrow Sucks the Defense thing is mandatory. It seems EVERY single person is complaining about it. I don't mind paying full price since I can just price match it later on at Best Buy since the price will tank to the $30s post-Black Friday.

#26 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:20 AM

The reviews don't seem too bad. Excited to pick this up tomorrow Sucks the Defense thing is mandatory. It seems EVERY single person is complaining about it. I don't mind paying full price since I can just price match it later on at Best Buy since the price will tank to the $30s post-Black Friday.

I read one review....maybe IGN?, can't remember.....that said the tower defense was a fun diversion. But, that was just one review. At least it's new and different, I suppose. The reviews seemed like the reviews for Gears 3..."more of the same, if that's your thing". Well, it IS my thing, so the scores in the 85ish range are just fine with me. Looking forward to tomorrow. I just need to finish up Batman so I can really dig into this one.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#27 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:03 AM

Didnt want to up an old thread so I'll just ask here, was any of the preorder content for AC:Brotherhood available as DLC later on? Like the Best Buy,Amazon skins

No I'm 95% sure those were never released as DLC. They were mainly MP skins if I remember correctly (Gamestop and BB each had one.)

FYI for those looking to get this at Gamestop to get all the extra content in the signature edition, the redemption code for it has an expiration date of Jan. 15. Given that Ubisoft enforced the expiration date on the bonus content of the Brotherhood CE, it's likely they'll do that again (for Brotherhood they took out the in-game option for redemption and the code isn't a standard XBox/PSN code.)

For Revelations its 1 code but you have to use it twice: soundtrack and epilogue movie (takes place a decade after conclusion of the game but has no spoilers I'm aware of as it's Ezio living his golden years in Florence) have to be redeemed on a PC from the Ubisoft website (zip files, soundtrack- 80MB, movie- 1.9GB) listed on the flier and the in-game stuff is redeemed from the extras option in the main menu.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#28 Nealocus123

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:18 AM

The reviews on Joystiq, IGN and Gametrailers have all been in the high 80s. Just got home from working the midnight release and am gonna play for a few hours. I need to know what happens to
Spoiler
!!

#29 Ashwood

Ashwood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:40 PM

I've never played an Assassin's Creed game before, and was thinking about getting revelations, but after seeing it's meh meh reviews on metacritic, I'm thinking otherwise

You should pick up Assassin's Creed 2 mate, it's a beast. The GOTY edition is only £10 these days, I'm sure it's just as cheap wherever you are.

Pleased to say that I picked Revelations up at midnight; played for a couple of hours and so far I love it!

I made a comment earlier in this thread (based on a youtube video) that it didn't look as detailed. Well, I'm a tit. The game looks gorgeous. There's a great flow in this game, the cutscenes and gameplay mix really well. Much more slick.

It sounds like a small thing, but my favourite thing about the game so far is the new variation of the theme. You know, the one piece of music that will kick in every now and again whilst you're strolling along the rooftops. It was lovely in Florence and Venice, but in the Roma variation of the tune, there was a forboding in it. It sounds beautiful this time round.

Looking forward to getting into it properly today.

#30 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:25 PM

I was just trying to find it the other day, looks like a big ol no. At one point a month or so after release I ended up selling my GS MP jester code for about $50 (forgot I even had it) so there was at least some lingering demand.

MildObstruction.png