Photo
- - - - -

Free digital copy of Saints Row 2 for Saints Row 3 owners (PS3 only, exp Feb 13)

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:45 PM

http://blog.us.plays...-playstation-3/

At long last, THQ and our friends at PlayStation are proud to unveil additional content for Saints Row: The Third owners on PS3. For all players that purchase Saints Row: The Third on PlayStation 3 and redeem their online pass codes within the next 90 days, they will receive a digital copy of Saints Row 2 (a $19.99 value)… absolutely free!

Go back to a simpler time, when the Saints were vying for control of Stilwater, before they were global icons, a household name, and a criminal empire. Before Professor Genki and the Syndicate, there were the Westside Rollers and the Brotherhood. Enjoy classic Saints Row activities like Septic Avenger, where you spray new homes with sewage in order to devalue property. And of course, enjoy a number of DLC packs brought to you by Volition’s favorite Saints Row 2 producer, Tera Patrick.

Saints Row 2 will be available for free starting early next week for all players who redeem their online pass in each new copy of Saints Row: The Third. The offer expires at midnight on February 13, 2012, so be sure to redeem your online pass before then. And for those of you who have already done so, keep an eye out early next week for the content. This offer applies to the United States, Canada, and Mexico only.

We hope you are as excited about this offer as we are!

#2 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:56 PM

Great offer! Never played SR2 so I'm glad I'll be able to now. Wish they were able to add the first to PSN too though :/

#3 tsunami_bomb3r

tsunami_bomb3r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:58 PM

This is really cool, actually.

#4 dallow

dallow

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:59 PM

That is pretty sweet.

#5 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:59 PM

That's awesome, I redeemed my online pass today. I hope having redeemed it via qriocity doesn't affect this promotion though, would suck if I didn't get it due to that.

#6 argyle

argyle

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:00 PM

Awesome! :) I was looking at my online pass last night trying to think of a good reason to actually use it. Now I have one.
Posted Image

#7 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:00 PM

This is probably to make up for the ps3 exclusive content that was supposed to be in there that wasn't. Total win, glad to have this instead, the second one is awesome

#8 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:02 PM

Wow that is really nice. I just bought Saints Row 3 today and I have SR2 on 360, but this is super nice.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#9 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

Jesus, these guys are just trying to make thier game ever more popular......AND SUCCEEDING!

I have been hyped for many games this year and been let down, Saints Row 3 easily was one of the best games i have been hyped for. Its just so damn fun/hilarious, i know its gonna be a sleeper hit even if it doesnt gain popularity
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:09 PM

I've beaten SR2 on both consoles multiple times, but this is fantastic news. Now to just find a cheap copy of SR3...

#11 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:09 PM

Jesus, these guys are just trying to make thier game ever more popular......AND SUCCEEDING!

I have been hyped for many games this year and been let down, Saints Row 3 easily was one of the best games i have been hyped for. Its just so damn fun/hilarious, i know its gonna be a sleeper hit even if it doesnt gain popularity

I won't even get my copy until tomorrow and I already know that I won't be able to play gta after this as it will just be boring.

#12 meta1militia

meta1militia

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:10 PM

its cool and lame at the same time. only lame because i already own saints row 2... but still good news..

#13 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:10 PM

I've beaten SR2 on both consoles multiple times, but this is fantastic news. Now to just find a cheap copy of SR3...

http://www.cheapassg...t=newegg saints

50 bucks with free shipping. This is how i got mine.

#14 junkie88

junkie88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:23 PM

Would of been nice to know before release. I just bought it on 360 I would of bought PS3 if I had known. I already opened it so it can't go back.

#15 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:27 PM

As I said, I doubt this was planned. This is probably because THQ dropped the ball on the ps3 exclusive content so to say sorry (and possibly hold up a contract with sony) they did this.

#16 Todd33

Todd33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

Wow!

#17 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:32 PM

That's awesome, I redeemed my online pass today. I hope having redeemed it via qriocity doesn't affect this promotion though, would suck if I didn't get it due to that.

No difference if you redeem it on PS3 or on Qriocity. The online pass is now in your account. THQ will know it when you play the MP, and Sony can lookup the pass in your transaction history too.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#18 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:46 PM

I do want to say that SR3 is in many ways a huge step back from SR2 and the removing cheats from the game to hold back as DLC (The rumor that they are unlockable in game has not been substantiated) is especially annoying. The evil cars cheat? Not currently in the game. I'd bet my bottom dollar it's pulled out for DLC.

That said, SR3 is still quite good, but the elevation it gets is unjustified. At $30, which it will hit soon, it is hard not to recommend for those who want SR style nonsense, but even as someone who loved SR2 the SR style is patchy enough now that I won't be back for the fourth iteration.

#19 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:11 AM

Glad I opted for the PS3 version. I ALMOST got the 360 version instead when I pre-ordered and would have been pissed if I found out later SR2 was free only with the PS3 version.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#20 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:17 AM

Too bad I already have 2. Gonna get the season pass for the 40 weeks of dlc they have planned. Oh and the cheapy d homie dlc is free....go CAG!!

#21 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:24 AM

Thanks op for the info.

#22 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:25 AM

I own SR2 on PC. I am fine with another free copy for PSN since the SR2 port is shitty.

Also I can't wait for the CheapyD DLC. If he says Big Ass Chains, I am gonna lose it.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#23 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:33 AM

Would of been nice to know before release. I just bought it on 360 I would of bought PS3 if I had known. I already opened it so it can't go back.

Yeah, same here #-o I picked it up during Kmart's Buy one Get one 50% off promotion. I chose the Xbox 360 version due to the earlier titles being technically better on the 360 according to The Digital Foundry. I would have gladly put up with some low FPS and screen tears here and there for a free game :cry:
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#24 thenurseryan

thenurseryan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:45 PM

Copied from ign.com

With Saints Row: The Third out this week, Sony and THQ had a bit of a problem. After all, Sony's Jack Tretton promised an "over the top" exclusive multiplayer game mode and a "signature weapon" that would be only for PlayStation 3 gamers. Yet, the final product had no such mode or weapon.

But today, THQ revealed that the publisher is ready to make it up to PlayStation 3 gamers.

According to THQ's Jon Miller, "For all players that purchase Saints Row: The Third on PlayStation 3 and redeem their online pass codes within the next 90 days, they will receive a digital copy of Saints Row 2 (a $19.99 value)... absolutely free!"

The offer is for the digital version of Saints Row 2 that came to PSN some time ago, and expires on February 13, 2012.

Anyone got an Extra Online Pass Code For Me? if so please pm

#25 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

That's pretty awesome. I own the previous two on Xbox 360, but that's still nice. Thanks OP.

#26 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:57 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=308422

#27 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

Someone posted the idea on the joystiq.com blogpost about this, about just buying the $10 online-pass from the PSN Store...and possibly getting SR2 for basically half off? No way to be certain until THQ starts sending out the vouchers, but it seems...plausible?

IDK.

Unless of course the codes in the retail games have some unique qualifier that flags your account as having actually 'purchased' that game, but it might be worth it for someone to check it out.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Arkham Asylum; Hawken; Whatever Playfire tells me to play.

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#28 thenurseryan

thenurseryan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:09 PM

anyone have an extra online pass they can spare? pm me please.

#29 thenurseryan

thenurseryan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:10 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=308422

im a step behind today.

#30 erwos

erwos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:57 PM

Hmmmmmmmm. Think this might be what pushes me over the edge into doing the K-Mart B1G1/2 for Skyrim and SR3. Neither of those are scheduled for Black Friday sales as is.