Photo
- - - - -

Beyond Good and Evil (PS2) $9.99 at bestbuy.com AND B&M (confirmed)

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 psiufoxx2

psiufoxx2

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:27 PM

I know this was posted a while back... But they seem to have restocked and by the time I find the old post it will be gone :P

GREAT game at a GREAT price.

Beyond Good and Evil $9.99

#2 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:28 PM

So if it's $9.99 in store you could get it for $5!

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#3 David85

David85

Posted 07 April 2005 - 05:55 PM

If no one has it yet there is no excuse not to buy it now.

#4 clockworkvictim

clockworkvictim

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:00 PM

It is 9.99 in store... I was just there.

#5 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:01 PM

So if it's $9.99 in store you could get it for $5!

Which means half the excuses of why people don't own it yet.

#6 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:41 PM

I saw this there yesterday as well. There was 1 left but I already own it.

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#7 daschrier

daschrier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:43 PM

One of the best games I've ever played.

#8 MaxBiaggi2

MaxBiaggi2

Assistant Produce Manager

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:54 PM

One of the best games I've ever played.

You should play a few more games. I'm not saying BG&E is bad (far from it), but Gamepro did include BG&E in their top ten list of "most overrated games" in their 200th anniversary issue last month for a reason. There are plenty of better games out there.

#9 darkwingduck13

darkwingduck13

Cheaply-Caped Crusader

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:17 PM

You should play a few more games. I'm not saying BG&E is bad (far from it), but Gamepro did include BG&E in their top ten list of "most overrated games" in their 200th anniversary issue last month for a reason. There are plenty of better games out there.

I think I stopped paying attention to this post when I saw that you were apparently treating Gamepro as a legitimate source of opinions and/or information. :D

#10 onikage

onikage

鬼の影

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:20 PM

It is a good game, but I passed on this b/c I already have the XBOX version.

#11 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:23 PM

It's POX at EB if anyone cares.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#12 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:27 PM

A game every CAG should own. Cheap and High in quality.

#13 MaxBiaggi2

MaxBiaggi2

Assistant Produce Manager

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:44 PM

I think I stopped paying attention to this post when I saw that you were apparently treating Gamepro as a legitimate source of opinions and/or information. :D

I never said Gamepro was legitimate. :D I just mentioned that this particular print rag felt BG&E was worthy of mention in the 200th anniversary issue. You can decide for yourself whether or not it means anything. (I have faith in you to do this.) :D

#14 David85

David85

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:47 PM

:lol:

So true. I could think of 10 very over-rated games, Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness, FFX, FFX2, Pikmin. This is an under-rated game, one of the more so this gen. I also think it is one of the best games this gen, and probably the best multiplatform games this gen.

#15 nwaugh

nwaugh

thread killa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 08:21 PM

How does the Gamecube version compare to the PS2 one?

#16 Zennousha

Zennousha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 08:36 PM

Man I need to find a GC version. I love this game so much and have the XBox and PS2 versions already. I agree with the statement that everyone should own this. What's up with the cover on Best Buys site, did it get a reprint or do they just have the wrong picture for some reason?

#17 clockworkvictim

clockworkvictim

Posted 07 April 2005 - 08:40 PM

:lol:

So true. I could think of 10 very over-rated games, Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness, FFX, FFX2, Pikmin. This is an under-rated game, one of the more so this gen. I also think it is one of the best games this gen, and probably the best multiplatform games this gen.

I don't think this game was under rated, as it got very good scores... It was just under hyped and not many non gamers know about it. Personally I would take FFX off your overated list because it is one of the better RPGs released for current gen systems. The other ones I agree with or haven't palyed.

#18 xboxbatman

xboxbatman

Posted 07 April 2005 - 08:48 PM

Thanks I missed it before.
Dont Look at me.

#19 d4nn

d4nn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2005 - 11:54 PM

mwuhahaha with this bb coupon... i paid 2 bux

#20 AzianAsspicker

AzianAsspicker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:26 AM

is max payne 2 9.99 at B&M?
My Game Collection
My DVD Collection

#21 David85

David85

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:06 AM

I don't think this game was under rated, as it got very good scores... It was just under hyped and not many non gamers know about it. Personally I would take FFX off your overated list because it is one of the better RPGs released for current gen systems. The other ones I agree with or haven't palyed.

True, but it was more than just that.

There were no ads for it, no one was gonig to spend $50 on a short game that might suck. So even before people hyped it the price was lowwered.

Big mistake, this could be like PoP, what a waste.

#22 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:56 AM

Everyone should own and play this game. There is so much variety and a great intergration of the story into the gameplay Astounded that gamepro called it overated, just one more reason to hate that magazine, I would love to see the rest of the list if anyone has a link.

#23 psiufoxx2

psiufoxx2

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:27 AM

Man I need to find a GC version. I love this game so much and have the XBox and PS2 versions already. I agree with the statement that everyone should own this. What's up with the cover on Best Buys site, did it get a reprint or do they just have the wrong picture for some reason?

Looks like they have an import cover for some reason. I haven't seen the Euro cover elsewhere but this may, in fact, be it.

#24 ArthurDigbySellers

ArthurDigbySellers

Not exactly a lightweight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:59 PM

I haven't actually played BG&E, but my in-laws played it and loved it, until they were stopped at the end by a game-screwing glitch. We tried everything to get past the glitch to no avail. This was the GC version BTW.

I want to play it at some point, but I don't want to go all the way through the game just to have it screw up at the end. BTW, they tried with two different copies of the game - it was something to do with the way the game saved a photograph that they took very early in the game.

Currently Drinking:
Homebrew

#25 argyle

argyle

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:13 PM

I despised this game. A co-worker had raved about it so I picked it up, and made myself play through to the end just so he couldn't say "well, you stopped playing before X happens...". The first level or so was fun, and it went downhill after that. I also consider this game overrated because every message board I go to raves about it.

I always end my rants with this tho - so many people DO like the game, and it's so cheap that if you're interested go and decide for yourself. :-P
Posted Image

#26 soulwish2003

soulwish2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:38 PM

How does the Gamecube version compare to the PS2 one?

I have both... only thing I noticed is that the GameCube version loads -much- faster...

#27 hohndog

hohndog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2005 - 12:49 PM

I own the X-Box version and love the game. I was in TRU yesterday and they had a lone copy of the PS2 version for $4.46. My girls are always getting invited to B-Day parties and this would make an excellent CHEAP gift! :) Check in your local TRU for any remaining copies for under $5.

#28 rcavictor1956

rcavictor1956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2005 - 01:54 PM

Thanks to the original poster....I own the Xbox version but have been looking to buy the GC or PS2 version due to the smaller systems being a plus for me at my weekend job. The Xbox is such a drag to tote around!!! :)

Great game....it is a shame we will most likely never see a sequel due to sales for the game.

#29 clariste

clariste

Holy diver...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:15 PM

how did you only pay $2?

#30 gamefreak117

gamefreak117

the lamefreak711

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by d4nn

how did you only pay $2?

yah, don't you mean ~$5.25^?
Proud owner of Xbox.
There is no I in team but there is m and e.
Posted Image