Photo
- - - - -

OnLive 5 Day Sale - $1 Games, Free To Play Games, & 75% Off

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 jasonpaul

jasonpaul

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:27 PM

OnLive Thanks Fans with FREE Play of Homefront & Red Faction Armageddon, 75% Off Sales & $1 Games

Sale / Promotion runs from Nov 23rd - Nov 28th, 2011 and includes:
- All New OnLive members can purchase their first game for only $1.00 or £1.00
- Various Sales on Games (Up to 75% Off)
- Red Faction: Armageddon Multiplayer is Free to Play
- HomeFront Multiplayer is Free to Play

More information at: http://onlivefans.co...s-1-games/5113/

#2 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

Enticing, doesn't look like the promos are live yet tho, at least not the $1 game

Edit: are you sure it starts today? When I log into onlive an ad for the deal says to check in tomorrow

#3 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

Picked up Deus Ex from the last $1 first purchase deal, played about 5 minutes of it and quit. Noticable input lag, lossy image quality and what I can only assume to be medium/low graphics.

I've got a gaming PC, so this service definitely isn't for me.

#4 jasonpaul

jasonpaul

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

Yeah, read the article in the link posted. It starts at 3:59PM PT today (6:69PM ET).

#5 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:41 PM

Yeah, read the article in the link posted. It starts at 3:59PM PT today (6:69PM ET).

Gotcha thanks. Gonna get me some Arkham City.

#6 stopmakingsense

stopmakingsense

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:42 PM

Picked up Deus Ex from the last $1 first purchase deal, played about 5 minutes of it and quit. Noticable input lag, lossy image quality and what I can only assume to be medium/low graphics.

I've got a gaming PC, so this service definitely isn't for me.

OnLive is the ultimate YMMV service. Works great for me in Los Angeles, but yeah, I recommend people try it out with a trial before putting any money towards it.

And yeah, having a gaming PC sort of removes a lot of its utility, but even then they usually have deals that no other service can match. (I've gotten Deus Ex for 50 cents, Space Marine for $8, Batman Arkham City for 18 bucks, etc.)

#7 JollehRoger

JollehRoger

Feel My Cagceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:57 PM

OnLive is the ultimate YMMV service. Works great for me in Los Angeles, but yeah, I recommend people try it out with a trial before putting any money towards it.

And yeah, having a gaming PC sort of removes a lot of its utility, but even then they usually have deals that no other service can match. (I've gotten Deus Ex for 50 cents, Space Marine for $8, Batman Arkham City for 18 bucks, etc.)

Definitely do this. They have a hubs spread out across America but unless your close enough to one with good internet you might have to deal with lag.

Thanks OP for the heads up.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Add me OnLive: JollehRoger

#8 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:00 PM

Even if you don't get lag, the image/graphic quality is pretty sub-par. You're better off buying the same games for 360/PS3/PC if you can afford them.

#9 IronSerif

IronSerif

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:01 PM

Agreed - people should definitely test it out first (and why not, they have free demo's).

But yeah, I'm playing Batman through OnLive cause I got it cheap. I've yet to experience any serious lag in my area. The fact that I can play these games on any of my old laptops and non gaming machines is great. And if you can get a game for $1...definitely worth a shot IMO.

#10 jasonpaul

jasonpaul

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:09 PM

If you haven't already bought a game on OnLive, there really isn't anything you have to lose. You can get your first game for $1.00 and that includes games like Batman Arkham City and Saints Row The Third. You really have nothing to lose.

#11 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:10 PM

Even if you don't get lag, the image/graphic quality is pretty sub-par. You're better off buying the same games for 360/PS3/PC if you can afford them.

Is it though? Maybe compared to PC but when I play games from the OL unit on my TV it looks just like a console game. I've seen the quality take a hit before during bad connections (blacks look especially grainy) but on a good connection the quality seems on par with consoles to me

#12 KeeperX

KeeperX

Yuppie Mephistopheles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

If you haven't already bought a game on OnLive, there really isn't anything you have to lose. You can get your first game for $1.00 and that includes games like Batman Arkham City and Saints Row The Third. You really have nothing to lose.

I have to agree here. I doubt I'll ever buy another OnLive game again, but for $1, I got Space Marine, and I was pretty happy with it there.

#13 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:14 PM

Is it though? Maybe compared to PC but when I play games from the OL unit on my TV it looks just like a console game. I've seen the quality take a hit before during bad connections (blacks look especially grainy) but on a good connection the quality seems on par with consoles to me

It might look better because you're sitting further away from your TV than you would compared to playing on onlive game on a PC/monitor. I've used onlive on my computer and it looks a lot worse than the 360/PS3 versions of the same game.. and I play my PS3/360 on my computer monitor. I can't imagine how it'd look the same, but I can see how the distance would make the lack of quality harder to notice.

#14 stopmakingsense

stopmakingsense

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

Eh, I've seen the games look better than the console version. They have several tiers of hardware configs, so it can vary. Just Cause 2 looked noticeably better to me.

It might look better because you're sitting further away from your TV than you would compared to playing on onlive game on a PC/monitor. I've used onlive on my computer and it looks a lot worse than the 360/PS3 versions of the same game.. and I play my PS3/360 on my computer monitor. I can't imagine how it'd look the same, but I can see how the distance would make the lack of quality harder to notice.

The micro console does have some amount of hardware post-processing not available in the client, I've found. And yeah, sitting farther away from the screen makes a big difference, and things, if you are getting the highest bitrate, look close to the same.

#15 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:20 PM

The micro console does have some amount of hardware post-processing not available in the client, I've found.

Ah, I didn't know that. Would make sense that it'd make the graphics better then. Looks terrible if you're playing it through their PC client though. I'd get a micro console if I could manage to obtain one for free lol.

#16 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:42 PM

hmm might join up, do they have skyrim?
Posted Image

#17 emnmnme

emnmnme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:57 PM

So this deal starts in 2 hours and there's a limited number of licenses? The tension is thick!

#18 jasonpaul

jasonpaul

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:13 PM

They don't have Skyrim (at least not yet). The deal starts at 7PM ET (4PM PT). As for the number of $1 games they will give away, they haven't said.

#19 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:16 PM

So this deal starts in 2 hours and there's a limited number of licenses? The tension is thick!

I know... and my gf posted this on sd

#20 nny

nny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

Protip: run onlive in either a window or if at fullscreen lower your desktop resolution to 1280x800 or less.

The visuals still look mediocre to me, but they were unplayably bad at 1920x1200

#21 chimpian

chimpian

Now 10% more chimp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:37 PM

color me interested.
if its cheap on onlive ill grab it, service has potential and i can get in running ok on my microconsole.
vivat grendel

Posted Image

#22 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:38 PM

I know... and my gf posted this on sd

Time to break it off

#23 sandman8288

sandman8288

DealMaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:04 AM

Batman Arkham Asylum - $4.99

Looks like that's today's deal.

#24 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:30 AM

Looks like the prices are live now. As in, that whole 'get your first game for $1' is reflected now for me.
Posted Image

#25 GodOfUncharted

GodOfUncharted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:41 AM

Saints Row 3 for $1. Awesome.

#26 junodogs

junodogs

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:29 AM

OnLive has their dollar promotion on again. The difference is this time instead of stopping it right before the new releases came out, it is on with some pretty good games.

Batman: Arkham City and Saints Row are both $1.00, only if you haven't bought something from them before.

Its worth checking out even if you aren't sure about OnLive.

Just log into OnLive (the application, not the website) and all the games should appear as $1.00.

#27 Flunkie

Flunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:32 AM

That'd be awesome if OnLive wasn't shit.

#28 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:33 AM

This would be news if it wasn't already posted six hours ago.

#29 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:33 AM

Thank you, but a repost

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=309092

#30 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:34 AM

5 Star Thread.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!