• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#1 Hoos First

Hoos First

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:57 PM

http://www.amazon.co...22690018&sr=8-1

Edited by Hoos First, 01 December 2011 - 04:26 AM.

#2 kiun

kiun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

got one, I hope they don't ship mine in a bubble mailer
Posted Image

#3 RolandAndTheDesert

RolandAndTheDesert

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

Thanks! I was just logging on to see if the bundle was available anywhere.

I had it for in-store pickup at launch at Best Buy and they didn't save one for me because they didn't get enough copies.

#4 pippin

pippin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Looks like Nintendo pulled a fast one on all the flippers and hoarders.

#5 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

i think its a tad too big for a bubble mailer - mine came in a box, so i think you're safe

#6 tholly

tholly

R.I.P. HD-DVD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:03 PM

Back during the original run, I ordered one. It was taking forever to go to "Shipping Soon" so only launch day I got a copy at Best Buy. My Amazon.com shipped when to shipping soon as soon as I got home from Best Buy, so I kept both. Played the Best Buy copy and figured I could sell or return the Amazon.com copy.

I did end up selling it at cost on Craig'slist, but yes, Amazon.com ships these in Bubble Mailers. My Amazon.com copy looked like it had been through a battle. The bottom of the box was completly open from being crush. Do not expect much from your box. If you do get a nice looking copy from Amazon.com consider yourself lucky.
Excel Collection Spreadsheet
WTB: Magnavox Odyssey 2 The Voice manual / box & Sega 32x Spider-man & Pitfall

#7 snowmint

snowmint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:04 PM

Not rare huh, I take it these are reprints? I keep and play mines then lol

#8 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:06 PM

Amazon has more than 999.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#9 Kitoro

Kitoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:08 PM

Amazon has more than 999.

I don't think that's always accurate. Sometimes it works, but sometimes it'll say they have 999 of even the rarest of things that end up selling out hours later.

#10 NeoStrider

NeoStrider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:10 PM

Looks like Nintendo pulled a fast one on all the flippers and hoarders.

no, it doesn't say Limited Edition anywhere on the box

#11 keine

keine

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

how many are left?

#12 Kitoro

Kitoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:13 PM

how many are left?

As someone already stated, they claim to have over 999 in stock. May or may not be true. If you want one, though, order!

#13 crazed llama

crazed llama

Enchanted Livestock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:14 PM

omfg, i was about to leave work and saw this, awesome

drove around on launch day and none of the 10 stores I went to had any copies. CAG ftw

#14 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:14 PM

I don't think that's always accurate. Sometimes it works, but sometimes it'll say they have 999 of even the rarest of things that end up selling out hours later.

That's not a glitch. Amazon moves inventory really fast. On practically anything in demand.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#15 evisto

evisto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:15 PM

This should last a while... it looks like there is currently a limit of ONE per person...

;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:17 PM

my launch copy came in a box ymmv

#17 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:19 PM

Ordered one, actually making out a Christmas List for my mother, lol...I'm 24 now and I almost feel obligated to ask for *one* game each year for the last 5-6 just because I've always asked for them since I was a kid :lol: this will be the one I want I suppose..I needed a WM+ anyways.
Posted Image

#18 bleron

bleron

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:19 PM

THANK you, OP. :D
i thought amazon wouldnt restock.

#19 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:20 PM

That's not a glitch. Amazon moves inventory really fast. On practically anything in demand.

but i've seen items they definitely DID NOT have 999 stock of and all of a sudden they sell out...so no that 999+ is a way to prevent people from seeing how much they have in stock until it drops down to like 20 or 30 units

Posted Image

[CDs=450] [DVDs=727] [VGs=434] [Books=183]

6% Cash back on BestBuy.com (can use for in-store pick up too!)!
http://www.topcashba...m/ref/cidsaijin

Spoiler

Spoiler

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#20 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:22 PM

but i've seen items they definitely DID NOT have 999 stock of and all of a sudden they sell out...so no that 999+ is a way to prevent people from seeing how much they have in stock until it drops down to like 20 or 30 units

How do you know they don't actually sell out? What does it matter to Amazon if people can see how much stock they have?

---

The one per customer should keep things sane.

Ees7Y.jpg

#21 pippin

pippin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:24 PM

no, it doesn't say Limited Edition anywhere on the box

That didn't stop the resellers from listing them at double MSRP. I guess those people don't remember Super Mario All-Stars Wii.

#22 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

I don't think this restock in any way indicates the bundle won't be somewhat rare or hard to find in the future. The same thing happened last year with Super Mario All-Stars. It sold out during release week, and then a couple weeks later a few retailers restocked and again sold out. It wasn't until they officially announced a reprint in January that the value really dropped. If Nintendo does the same with this Zelda bundle, and they very well might, then I would say this won't have much collector value.

#23 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

That didn't stop the resellers from listing them at double MSRP. I guess those people don't remember Super Mario All-Stars Wii.

I remember the 120+ I made off of them after buying two of them for $50 at Toys R Us last year 8-)
Posted Image

#24 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:42 PM

this will probably be as rare as those Red Steel 2 bundles later, not really limited just a special edition

#25 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:42 PM

http://www.amazon.co...m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

The fact that Amazon has any is a deal, maybe?
www.bighugenerd.com

#26 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:47 PM

More than 999 in stock

#27 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:48 PM

Amazon must have discovered a truck of these or something. How odd!
www.bighugenerd.com

#28 Dozens

Dozens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:51 PM

Probably all the ones they smushed and got returned. lol

#29 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:52 PM

It's tempting but this is wayyyyy more than I usually pay for a game (max of $20). Of course I have no wii motion plus's so this would make one...on the other hand, I have no games that require it.

#30 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:55 PM

this will probably be as rare as those Red Steel 2 bundles later, not really limited just a special edition

there's a slight difference between Red Steel 2 and Zelda. Just a little.

Ees7Y.jpg