Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Naughty Dog's The Last of Us - Left Behind Single Player DLC Out Now!

• Please log in to reply
822 replies to this topic

#1 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:12 AM

8x5swk.jpg

The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven tale about a modern plague decimating mankind. Nature encroaches upon civilization, forcing remaining survivors to kill for food, weapons and whatever they can find. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.

Edited by Gamer4life88, 14 February 2014 - 07:33 AM.

#2 JG5253

JG5253

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:51 AM

The trailer is interesting but what kind of game is it. I can't find anything on this game

#3 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:59 AM

Never heard of it before...seems like it might be interesting though.

#4 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

Yes, it will be amazing. Can't wait.

more info

EightBitArtist.png

#5 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:31 PM

Why does this give me that distinct feeling the movie The Crappening did?

#6 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

Announced at the VGAs? I'm already not interested.

Currently playing:
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#7 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

Announced at the VGAs? I'm already not interested.

So was Skyrim, Arkham City, Resistance 3 and I think Uncharted 3 and Mass Effect 3. A lot of big stuff is announced during it...

#8 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:39 AM

Apparently this game might have some ties to ND's Uncharted universe. Very interesting indeed. Can't wait to hear more about this game :bouncy:

http://ps3.ign.com/a.../1214356p1.html

#9 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:25 AM

The hype for this game certainly has me excited. If rumors are true it's been in development for a good five years. On one hand that could mean that Sony has been quietly developing a AAA title for half a decade and managed to keep it secret the whole time, which is both surprising and cool in this day and age. It could also mean that it's had a troubled development and might be another "I am alive"

I'm definitely curious to see how it plays. If we're hedging bets here, I'm thinking something very Omega Man-ish: fungus turns people into mindless raving enemies, large emphasis on shooting with a small emphasis on survival resources.

So was Skyrim, Arkham City, Resistance 3 and I think Uncharted 3 and Mass Effect 3. A lot of big stuff is announced during it...

Exactly, the VGAs might be incredibly stupid (or so I hear, TBH I've never watched one), but I don't think that's a good reason to discount the game news that comes from it. Since it gets a good amount of viewers it seems to be turning into a prime game announcing venue.

Apparently this game might have some ties to ND's Uncharted universe. Very interesting indeed.

I don't think it's quite that apparent. It could just be a reference. Whatever the case I hope it'll answer my question of "who is the bartender with the scar on his eye in the "Michael" commercial?"

#10 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:21 AM

its either a post massive disaster survival dealy or its got aliens in it. be kinda weird if it was about the total collapse of govt and organized society. my main wish though is its about zombies focused more on survival .

#11 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:27 AM

After thinking it over some it probably was just an Easter Egg. Just to build up some excitement. Pretty cool though.

#12 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:50 AM

:wall:

Just saying what i'm thinking even if it's dumb haha. If it is a zombie game I'm hoping its not just some FP shoot em up though. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

#13 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:18 AM

darkness stop being coy and just say whatever it is you know or dont even bother posting until its revealed.

EightBitArtist.png

#14 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:22 AM

darkness stop being coy and just say whatever it is you know or dont even bother posting until its revealed.

Ah sorry, I don't know anything. Sorry if it came off that way

#15 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

Yo, I heard there was some errr stuff going on with this or something.

#16 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:18 AM

Trailer sort of reminds me of I am Legend. Made by Naughty Dog so I'm guessing it'll be pretty good.

#17 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:30 AM

[quote name='DarkNessBear']So was Skyrim, Arkham City, Resistance 3 and I think Uncharted 3 and Mass Effect 3. A lot of big stuff is announced during it...[/QUOTE]

I'm interested as of seeing the announcement.. I never said I wouldn't be interested later on.

http://ps3.ign.com/a.../1214356p1.html[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Made by Naughty Dog[/QUOTE]

Ok, now I'm interested and it's already a GotY contender for 2012 or whenever it's coming out.:lol:

http://www.lastofus....LOU_image_2.jpg < Looking for the trailer (doesn't look like it's up yet), I just realized that's an actual graphics engine rendered image from the official website... not a photo. Not sure if that's CG or in game graphics but if it is in game... :drool:

Currently playing:
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#18 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:57 AM

They tweeted that the trailer was the actual game engine rendered on a PS3. The textures on the leaves were amazing.

#19 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:00 AM

Omg this game looks amazing and its from ND...wow :D

http://ps3.ign.com/a.../1214496p1.html

#20 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:07 AM

#21 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:13 AM

Going by whats said in the trailer seems like it will take place some time after the initial outbreak. Kinda bummed, I was hoping it would be a new take on zombies.
Posted Image Who cares about these invisible things?

Alright kids the worlds ending, back on the bus.

#22 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:58 AM

Some comparison shots to UC3

http://gamingbolt.co...odel-comparison

#23 btt

btt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:03 AM

Ellen Page makes her PS3 debut!

#24 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:17 AM

Trailer sort of reminds me of I am Legend.

When it first started with the kid, I said aloud: "Oh good, Left 4 Dead: The Wonder Years". Then when it showed the city I thought "I am Nolan North", so I made the same connection ha.

#25 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:49 AM

I have a firm policy of avoiding zombie games but if anyone can break my resistance, it is Naughty Dog. But it depends on how the game works.

I need a new signature.

#26 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:54 AM

"Captured from a PS3" seems like tricky wording to me... kinda avoids the question of "is it in-game or cg?"

It's mostly what I expected, the enemies seem to be pretty intense though.... looks like that fungus doesn't just affect you on the inside. Pretty surprising that it's from Naughty Dog and that they expanded to a second studio.

#27 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:57 AM

It was CG, or at least like how Uncharted 2's cutscenes looked. It looks interesting, and since it's Uncharted 2's director (I.E. someone who's competent) there's a bit of interest there.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#28 j.howlett

j.howlett

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:07 AM

when i saw the girl run by it reminded me how i wanted to play as young nate more in UC3, then i found out it was by Naughty Dog so i guess that feeling makes sense somewhat

#29 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:21 AM

The teaser should've just shown the Naughty Dog logo to begin with.

(()) wOOpwOOp That's the sound of a trade: >>[acronym="Check My List ↓"]CML[/acronym]<< (())

PS3 & 360 games @ Have: DmC, Split/Second (both new), Halo 4 (mint)
10% CAG discount Vs. ebay listings!

#30 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:34 AM

The teaser should've just shown the Naughty Dog logo to begin with.

The general internet reaction before knowing it was Naughty Dog: "Another dumbass zombie/infected game."

And after: "Whelp, there goes $60."
sudo mklove