CAGcast #263: Offensive Magic

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:02 AM

CheapyD cheats at Skyrim, Wombat theorizes on the new Xbox Dashboard, and Shipwreck has no use for clairvoyance.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

Download - 72 minutes, 48MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Support the CAGcast: FREE AUDIBLE 2 WEEK TRIAL & AUDIOBOOK
http://www.netxtrack...ADID=476689

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro: 3-2-1 Contact Theme - Outro: Razor Ramon

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Posted Image

Edited by CheapyD, 09 December 2011 - 06:23 AM.

#2 Decepticreep

Decepticreep

Rule of Acquis. 16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:54 AM

I look forward to downloading it as soon as it hits iTunes!

#3 PacManster17

PacManster17

Nonstop gaming marathons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:16 AM

Alright new cagcast. Can't wait to listen tonight or this weekend!

#4 Manloi

Manloi

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:34 AM

Great to be the third to leave the comment,

Great Show, Love the Skyrim talk. Skyrim did break my game on PC.

I can't finish the Eye of Magnus (Magic School) Quest. Damn the bug.

#5 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:40 AM

I LOVE Superman 2... except for the ending.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I play Halo 3, Rainbow Six, SSBB, Carcassonne, Worms, others online. PM me to play SSBB, send friend request to play Xbox Live.

#6 ceekay90

ceekay90

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:43 AM

Why don't Cheapy, Shipwreck, and Wombat discuss the playstation system updates....seems like your all a bunch of fanboys.

#7 MatrixCodeDesigner

MatrixCodeDesigner

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:38 AM

Cool...Downloading now

#8 mrgstiffler

mrgstiffler

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:14 AM

Good show! I need a good Skylander's deal!
Pay That

#9 Mayday

Mayday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:12 PM

Do you guys like anything? About 90% of the show consists of you bitching, it's ridiculous! For years you've been complaining about the dashboard, about how it's so slow and takes you forever to find anything, microsoft release a better dashboard and it's the end of the world.

The iOS app what CheapyD has been asking for, for years he bitched about it saying Microsoft were idiots for not releasing one, they do it, and surprise, surprise, it's not good enough for you elitist bastard.

And Cheapy, you couldn't sound less enthused to be doing the show, seriously, it kinda made me want to shut it off, but Wombat's passion for the show kept me listening. Wombat, btw, I've never heard so many good ideas in one show, they were brilliant. Snow Elves for Skyrim, Giant Avatars, and Toy Story for that blind kid, great job! (not being sarcastic)

When it comes to advertising, don't ask you not just ask me to sign up just to give you money...It's offensive that you treat the listener like that. Are we just the potential to make money, or do you give two shits about your listeners. I haven't signed up for Audible yet and when I do I'll use a TWIT code preferred to yours.

#10 NegativeZero

NegativeZero

CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:20 PM

thank you , it feels like forever since the last one. havent listened yet but hopefully robo wombat is back, I miss him.

http://zerofigures.wordpress.com

"He should have those magic b!tches all over his jock" - CheapyD, CagCast #168

#11 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:11 PM

3-2-1 Contact intro FTW! Brings me back.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#12 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:38 PM

I've seen Superman 1,3,4 plenty of times, but never got through 2 because they rarely showed it on TV...
I agree, these animated movies are too violent. I can take Superman being punched in the face so much. If these movies are made for children, they might end up too patronizing, and if they're for adults they're too violent. Why can't studios these days find some kind of middle ground, like they did in the 90s?

Batsugunner.png

#13 Porksta

Porksta

Sillier Mofo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:47 PM

Wombat - check out Storage Wars: Texas. I don't like the people on it so much, but hey, I really only watch to see what is in the lockers.
I am famous for getting CheapyD to watch Swollen Tip while he was broadcasting live.

#14 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

Wooo can't wait to listen!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#15 zebwinz

zebwinz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:58 PM

Wombat - check out Storage Wars: Texas. I don't like the people on it so much, but hey, I really only watch to see what is in the lockers.

Auction Hunters is so much better! On Storage Wars, they always say what an item is worth instead of what they actually sell it for.
Posted Image

#16 The Great BM

The Great BM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:16 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about nerdcore.

#17 youruglyclone

youruglyclone

Last Man in Userplane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:43 PM

Fuck yeah on the bacon from luger's also surprisingly good, the tomatoes and onions appetizer.

#18 Darth Sontin

Darth Sontin

Ostrava of Boletaria

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:52 PM

I love the CAGCast and Shipwreck, I know it sucks to be sick, but PLEASE stop coughing into the microphone. I almost had to turn the show off after 20 minutes.
Posted Image

#19 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

The guys should check out Gold Rush, since it's apparently all about finding "glory holes."

Batsugunner.png

#20 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

CML: cheapassgamer.com/topic/321457-

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:28 PM

You should watch Auction Hunters if you like Storage Wars.

American Pickers will donate occasionally ($5,000 of a a $10,000 circus banner to the original owner and a rare dinosaur bone) and it's not their job to tell them what their value is; they drive hundreds of miles to these places too.

21 Aug 2014 Looking for Dirt 2. Paying $30 for a MINT copy.
:hot: pDSfxwU.png :hot:

vTIvNK1.gifhlCUS8Z.gif

#21 Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

A 300x250 ad? You mean the blank square next to my "since you've been gone?"

I use Firefox with the standard add-ons . . .
Posted Image

#22 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:23 PM

Downloaded the show off of Zune for the first time ever.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#23 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:36 PM

You guys rag on American Pickers because they drive hundreds of miles all over and try to buy stuff cheap enough to resell, they do keep and collect some of it for themselves. A lot of times they have to dig through trash piles for 6 hours just to find 1 or 2 items per stop. But then you praise Pawn Stars? Pawn Stars are scum. You know they are ripping off everyone who comes in to sell their stuff for a quick buck, and some of it is staged. The show I flipped pass, a guy was trying to sell his $2,500 cival war guns and the Pawn Shop offered him $25.

Disclaimer: I dislike all these shows

Great show, you guys talked about a lot of stuff that didn't have anything to do with games but it was interesting.

P.S. More Skyrim, add 30 minutes to the podcast if you have to

#24 skadave

skadave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:07 PM

If wombat really knew steaks he would know that the Porterhouse cut contains a filet mignon.

#25 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

If wombat really knew steaks he would know that the Porterhouse cut contains a filet mignon.

Of course I know that, it also has the strip. It also contains a bone providing a ton of flavor. Those two added elements make it a Man's steak.

Filet alone lacks the flavor of a porterhouse filet. You should know the difference.

#26 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:35 PM

Of course I know that, it also has the strip. It also contains a bone providing a ton of flavor. Those two added elements make it a Man's steak.

Filet alone lacks the flavor of a porterhouse filet. You should know the difference.

I love Filet Mignon, always heard it was wussy steak but I don't care. I will wear my dress and keep eating it because Its the best flavor I can find in a steak and I hate dealing with bones in steaks
122445.png

#27 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

Totally agree. Storage Wars rocks. Family is hooked on it. Pawn Stars is pretty good. And American Pickers is meh.

#28 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:03 PM

"HOw much of the same game (MK7) can you play over and over again?" Cheapie says as he goes back to playing NHL 20, Forza 4 in between Elder Scrolls 5 and and Saints Row 3. :D

Edited by trip1eX, 09 December 2011 - 11:15 PM.

#29 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:22 PM

3DS is being discounted heavily. Definitely could be a sign they aren't moving them as much as they would like.

But at the same time look at the 360 and its massive discounting during BF weekend when the Holiday Bundle or Kinect Bundles were $100 off at every major retailer. 250gb HOliday Bundles were $199.

Are they struggling to move 360s? If not then why the deep discounts?

So it could just be Nintendo being extra aggressive in jumpstarting the momentum for this thing. And maybe because in 90 days we will see the 3DS Lite as Wombat said.

IF you are NIntendo might as well go balls to the wall now in getting the 3DS off the ground. The time is now when 2 of your biggest franchises for the system have been released and when you have games completed and stockpiled for release early next year.

Get the platform out of the earth's orbit this holiday.

If that doesn't work then ...they know they have a problem. And can cut their losses sooner rather than later.

#30 DragoonKnight

DragoonKnight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:32 PM

How does Wombat feel about Bone-In Filets? Do you have to wear half a dress while eating them?

Also, I went to Peter Luger on my trip to New York last year and had the porterhouse so I guess I am a man. However, I have to say that I think Peter Luger is slightly overrated. Seemed a little too touristy for my taste.