• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4618 replies to this topic

#1 ryanflucas

ryanflucas

Game Boy Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:32 AM

Code drops/requests can be found. here
If you want to post in thread, please limit it to one mention and ask that people PM you for more information. :)

This is a continuation of the previous thread which was close to reaching the 5,000 post mark.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions.

Here are some helpful resources as well as a short FAQ file:

Game Review & Deal Sites

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

148 Apps
App Shopper iOS / App Shopper Mac
Free App Alert
Touch Arcade
Free App A Day

App & Game Review Sites

IGN Wireless
MacLife iPad
MacLife iPod/iPhone
Slide to Play
Touch Arcade
Touch Gen
TUAW Games

Free App offers from Developers
• Get a free copy of the Number Fill app for iOS by sending an email to LogiCL.Games@gmail.com with subject "iOSApp:" (while supplies last).

YouTube Video Reviews

iPad Game Reviews
iPhone\iPod Touch Game Reviews

Apple Game Center

Apple Game Center allows you to keep a friends list, track your in game achievements, and compare with your friends. Many games are starting to support this. Currently this only runs on iPod & iPhone, but an update will be coming soon that enables this for iPad users.

Make sure to checkout the official CAG Game Center Exchange Thread. You can post your game center name and see the names of your favorite CAG'rs. You can also exchange OpenFeint & Plus+ names there.

General iOS FAQ

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iOS devices. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.

2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.

3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.

4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.

5. Apps can be re-downloaded from your iOS device. To do this open the App Store and look for a tab called "Purchased". From here you can re-download any previously purchased apps.

6. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.

7. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE or check the iTunes Store support page. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

8. If you somehow break your iOS device, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try using one of the repair guides on iFixit to repair it yourself. Apple Stores have been known to give discounts if you bring in a iOS device that they will not fix since it's not in warranty. This discount however is very small.

9. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Griffin Technologies and Zagg are also very good.

10. Universal Apps have a small plus sign in the upper left corner next to their price. They can be played natively on both the iPad and iPod/iPhone. iPhone games that are not universal can still be played on the iPad with a lower resolution. Non universal iPad games cannot be played on the iPhone.

Recommended Games by Genre

50 Essential Apps Article at Macworld 12/26/11

Feel free to add games, genres or move titles as needed. This list is to give CAGs a chance to catch up on missed high-quality games and to get new users started on "can't miss" titles to download for their new idevice. Underlined titles are universal (ipad and iphone/ipod touch). Italic are iPad only.

Casual - Tiny Wings, Angry Birds, Doodle Jump, Fruit Ninja, Cut the Rope. World of Goo, Osmos, Bird Strike - GOLD EDITION, Parachute Ninja, Pilot Winds, Depict, Flight Control, Time Geeks: Find All!, Bird Zapper!, Tapper World Tour, Amazing Breaker
Shooter - Tilt to Live, Galaxy on Fire 2, Espgaluda II, Dodonpachi Resurrection, Space Miner: Space Ore Bust, Radiant, Warblade, MetalStorm: Online, Minotron 2112
F/TPS/Action - Shadowgun, N.O.V.A., N.O.V.A. 2, Infinity Blade, Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus, Dead Space, Shadow Guardian
Dual-Stick Shooter - Age of Zombies, Minigore, Solomon's Keep, Solomon's Boneyard
Action/Arcade - Jet Ball, Super Mega Worm, Zombie Highway, Pac-Man Championship Edition, Plunderland
Adventure - Super Brothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, Broken Sword: Director's Cut, Broken Sword - The Smoking Mirror Remastered, The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition, Sam & Max Episode 1, Scarlett and the Spark of Life, Back to the Future Ep 1 HD, Back to the Future Ep 2 HD
Platformer - League of Evil, Mirror's Edge, Kami Retro, Pix'n Love Rush, Soosiz, Fastar!, Frogatto, Rolando, Rolando 2, Creepy Caverns, :Shift:, Robot Wants Kitty, Perfect Cell, Beyond Ynth, Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor, Hoggy, Edge
Endless Runner - Hook Champ, Super QuickHook, Hook Worlds, Monster Dash, Solipskier, Robot Unicorn Attack, Inspector Gadget's MAD Dash, Run Like Hell! Deluxe
Tower Defense - Plants vs. Zombies, Holy Moly Dragons, Defender Chronicles, iBomber Defense, The Creeps!, Geodefense, Geodefense Swarm, Epic War TD, Sentinel Mars Defense, Sentinel Earth Defense, Sentinel Homeworld, Guns'n'Glory, TowerMadness
RPG - Ash II: Shadows, Zenonia, Zenonia 2, Zenonia 3, Battleheart, Dungeon Hunter I & II, Across Age, Chaos Rings, Sacred Odyssey, Eternal Legacy, Secret of Mana (yes, that Secret of Mana :D), 100 Rogues, Avadon
Puzzle - Azkend, Sparkle, Bejeweled 2, Dungeon Raid, Drop7, Puzzle Agent, Trainyard, Puzzle Quest 2, Crosslogic, bitFLIP, Love Battle Princess, Heroes of Kalevala, Antrim Escape 1/2
Card/Dice - Sword & Poker 1 & 2, World Series of Poker Hold'em Legend
Sim - Game Dev Story, Hot Springs Story, Mega Mall Story, Sims: Ambitions, Yoot Tower,
Strategy - Battle for Wesnoth, Starbase Orion, Majesty, Civilization Revolution, Trenches, Crystal War, Legendary Wars, Slay, Battle Fleet, The Settlers HD
Sports - NBA Jam, Backbreaker Football, Backbreaker 2, Flick Kick Field Goal, Super Stickman Golf
Fighting - Street Fighter IV, King of Fighters-i002
Racing - Asphalt 6, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Need for Speed: Shift, Real Racing 2, Reckless Racing, Disc Drivin', Jet Car Stunts, Death Rally, Tires of Fury
Time Management - My Kingdom for the Princess 1 & 2, Hotel Mogul, Airport Mania, Roads of Rome HD
Board Games -Small World, Carcassonne, Catan, Words With Friends, Reiner Knizia's Samurai, Neuroshima Hex, Puerto Rico, Ticket To Ride
Trivia - MovieCat, You Don't Know Jack
Hidden Object - Little Things, Pictureka
Non-Game Essentials - Appshopper, Atomic Web Browser, Stanza, CloudReaders, Flipbook, TuneIn Radio Pro, Dropbox, Air Video+, Evernote, Video Stream, Air Video, VPN Express, mBox Mail, Genius Scan, Urban Spoon, Documents To Go Premium
Posted Image

#2 rvdrock

rvdrock

Master Of The Ellipsis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:42 AM

First!

#3 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:50 AM

Nice!

#4 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:50 AM

Close third

#5 Liveforlaughs76

Liveforlaughs76

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:52 AM

Nice! New thread!

#6 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:59 AM

Tag

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen

#7 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:20 AM

Minty fresh iPod smell! Thanks, OP!

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#8 ARS2x

ARS2x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:30 AM

For anyone that hasnt tried Zen Pinball I highly recommend it. I can't stop playing. The first table "Sorcerers Lair" is completely free and is amazing. Great feel and works perfectly on the device.

#9 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:41 AM

Just a heads up - we're about to hit the App Store freeze that Apple does around the holidays where apps won't change in price. Usually about two weeks long starting just around Christmas.

#10 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:49 AM

It's like the anti-Steam sale ;)

#11 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:51 AM

just got a 4S a couple weeks ago, been watching these threads picking up some new stuff

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#12 zeb06

zeb06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:14 AM

Just a heads up - we're about to hit the App Store freeze that Apple does around the holidays where apps won't change in price. Usually about two weeks long starting just around Christmas.

Not quite sure where this comes from as people said the same thing last year but there were sales like crazy all around Christmas last year...I even checked the thread to make sure. EA had nearly all their games for 99 cents the week of Christmas.

Veign06.jpg       76561198006310375.png

Free iTunes and Amazon credit -- http://m.freemyapps....re/url/c1b61416

#13 blk00civicsi

blk00civicsi

Pillsbury Island

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:18 AM

Tagged.

#14 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:21 AM

First post wondering when we'll actually see FFT for iPad.

#15 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:25 AM

Looks nice in here :)
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#16 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:29 AM

Thanks for the new thread, subscribing now

#17 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:34 AM

I was wondering why the thread didn't have a billion pages...

#18 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:37 AM

I can't remember if CAG voted for the best iOS game last year but it would be great to see one this year. Or actually a top 10 because these games are so cheap and plentiful in the first place.

#19 derby70

derby70

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:38 AM

Cool cool.

#20 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:59 AM

I'm in the mood for tower defense. Any recs?

TIA

#21 Shadowiii

Shadowiii

Do the Mario!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:05 AM

You should throw Chrono Trigger up on that RPG list.

Edit: Oh durr, it's a wiki post. :P
Luigi is almost as sexy as me!
Posted Image

Want something really cheap? Try Paradise Seekers, my $1 eBook on Amazon!

Also, check out my blog, where I'm trying to review every game I've ever played!

#22 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:06 AM

Ruberth's Kick n' Fly is the Donut Game's free game of the week.
http://appshopper.co...lphs-kick-n-fly

#23 morphineseason

morphineseason

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:27 AM

Looks like EA is doing some daily deals now. The website to check what the deals are is: http://www.eamobile.com/dailydeals

Some notable mentions right now:
-Flight Control and Mirror's Edge are currently FREE for iPhone and iPad
-Scrabble is 99 cents for iPhone (iPad version is 50% off at $4.99, but I've seen that go for much cheaper)

#24 LuisRM

LuisRM

Midcore Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:55 AM

I'm in the mood for tower defense. Any recs?

TIA

While it hasn't been updated for a bit, the first post has a list of great CAG recommendations. Here they are, hope there's a few you haven't tried yet! :D

Tower Defense - Plants vs. Zombies, Holy Moly Dragons, Defender Chronicles, iBomber Defense, The Creeps!, Geodefense, Geodefense Swarm, Epic War TD, Sentinel Mars Defense, Sentinel Earth Defense, Sentinel Homeworld, Guns'n'Glory, TowerMadness

#25 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:56 AM

I was looking for free ;)

Saw that list and was tempted by holy moly dragons.

#26 ArmorForVictor

ArmorForVictor

| (• ◡•) | (ʋ❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:13 AM

finally a new thread it's looking much better i found this gem of a game Aniphon that resembles pokemon, but where you are in the real world determines what animals you find it's pretty neat and it's free
Posted Image
:3ds: 3DS Friend Code - 2466-1424-5777 (PM me yours if you add me :wave:)

#27 Dimsdale

Dimsdale

OpenFeint: Dimms

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:24 AM

The highly-enjoyable Mad Skills Motocross is the main FAAD game at the moment.
"Turning a fan-favorite genre on its head, the hyper-addictive Mad Skills Motocross plays and feels like no other side-scrolling racing game. The unparalleled physics engine and unexpected power-ups give you a level of control that you have to play to believe. Launch off an enormous jump, land on your rear wheel, hit the throttle, and leave your opponent in a spray of dirt—then brag about it on Facebook and Twitter! Mad Skills Motocross is fun for novices but deep enough for nearly endless competitive high-level play. You’ll need to master wheelies, stoppies, nitro, rocket boots, backflips, front flips, and much more to truly be the best."

Drake's Tower Ultimate Adventure is the OpenFeint FGotD.
"GET OFF MY LAWN! Help crazy old Drake defend his tower on Golden Island from brain-washed zombies, hostile alien life and unimaginable dangers. Get ‘em in your cross hairs and greet them with flaming arrows, sub machine guns, and other deadly inventions!
Protect Drake's Tower from countless waves of enemies with his ingenius inventions! Charge them with elements of Fire, Stone, or Electricity and create devastating combos! Battle through 50 unique levels in Adventure Mode or withstand unending enemy fire in the battle for a "Survivor Master" title. Whatever it takes to show ‘em who’s boss!"

#28 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:25 AM

Shantae released a full version sans DLC for $5. I feel doubly gypped

#29 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:26 AM

Shantae released a full version sans DLC for $5. I feel doubly gypped

F%$^&!! I just had to pull the trigger on the IAP version when it went on sale. I feel your pain.

#30 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:29 AM

downloaded Drake's Tower, then I realized it was a freemium game. I hate those. I'd rather just pay the $3.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade