Photo
- - - - -

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector's Edition Guide - $20.99 (Amazon)

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 NocturneManiac

NocturneManiac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:58 AM

Posted Image

http://www.amazon.co...23913699&sr=1-2

Sorry if this is posted already, did a quick search and didn't find it...

I just looked at this yesterday on Amazon and it was the same price as everywhere else ($34.99). Just happened to check now and I saw that it was now $10 less @ $24.25 *now $20.99*, which seems to be the price of the standard edition. May not fully be worth it, but I bought the one for XIII, so might as well grab this at this price too. And since it's just under $25, you will need to add something cheap or have Prime to get FS, but hopefully shouldn't be too hard. Here are the details for the guide from GS:

• Exclusive coffee table book printed on highest-quality paper and bound in a padded hard cover.
  • Limited print run, includes two ribbon bookmarks.
  • Includes a 16-page bonus section exclusive to this edition.
  • Every secret, every unlockable, every side-quest, every mini-game, every Achievement and every Trophy revealed and explained in a dedicated Extras chapter. We've also added a story recap and an artwork gallery.
  • The dedicated Walkthrough charts the critical path through the main narrative. It also provides regular prompts and tips to direct players to side quests and other optional features within the game world.
  • The Tour Guide chapter includes one section per game location in each time period. This complements the Walkthrough by examining all optional activities offered in the game (side quests, mini-games, puzzles and power-leveling spots).
  • The Completion Timeline chapter offers a visual and streamlined guide to 100% completion.
  • The Strategy & Analysis section gives an advanced analysis of the game's key systems and features. This also covers the most complex topics such as character development in a thorough, yet user-friendly way.
  • All-encompassing Inventory and Bestiary chapters feature exhaustive lists and tables covering all enemies, weapons, accessories, items and shops.
  • The 100% complete guide to Final Fantasy XIII-2.
  • Carefully designed to avoid unnecessary story spoilers.

Edited by NocturneManiac, 25 December 2011 - 02:29 PM.
price change(s)

#2 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:59 AM

Nice. In for two copies. Thanks OP :D

Been waiting for this to finally be listed and all.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#3 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:11 AM

hopefully it'll appear in my gold box

#4 media_wonder

media_wonder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:12 AM

pre ordered one, thanks OP
Posted Image

#5 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:13 AM

hopefully it'll appear in my gold box

What exactly do people mean by this? I get the gold box deals in my email.. but I got the feeling this is something different?

#6 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:14 AM

What exactly do people mean by this? I get the gold box deals in my email.. but I got the feeling this is something different?

If you click the gold box icon at the top it'll bring you to a page where towards the bottom/middle area it'll say something like "such and such (your name's) Quick Picks" these are items suggested to you based on your search pattern, purchases, etc.. and given a 5% discount. There are ways to manipulate the picks too

you can read a guide put together by fellow member Jodou here: http://www.cheapassg....php?t=235975#1

#7 RussellC

RussellC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:21 AM

Good one, Amazon. Just under $25, so it doesn't qualify for free shipping. The only thing I hate about Amazon.

#8 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:24 AM

Just noticed, the guide is $21.40 at B&N. Which is almost a 100% certainty that it'll be that price at Amazon shortly, to quicken that, feel free to suggest the lower price to them:

http://www.barnesand...l fantasy guide

#9 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:36 AM

If you click the gold box icon at the top it'll bring you to a page where towards the bottom/middle area it'll say something like "such and such (your name's) Quick Picks" these are items suggested to you based on your search pattern, purchases, etc.. and given a 5% discount. There are ways to manipulate the picks too

you can read a guide put together by fellow member Jodou here: http://www.cheapassg....php?t=235975#1

thx for the info! I didn't know about this

#10 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:38 AM

Sweet, preordered

#11 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:40 AM

Just noticed, the guide is $21.40 at B&N. Which is almost a 100% certainty that it'll be that price at Amazon shortly, to quicken that, feel free to suggest the lower price to them:

This will in turn (hopefully) mean I can get it for $20.33 in my Quick Picks, which would be awesome. :applause:

Edited by Vigilante, 15 December 2011 - 03:07 AM.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#12 NocturneManiac

NocturneManiac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:42 AM

Thanks, just send a pm request to Amazon for it. Luckily with the price guarantee, should be able to keep everything in tact when they do lower it to compete with B&N (pretty confident that they would adjust it, too). 8-)

#13 Antipodes

Antipodes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:02 AM

Nice, thanks. I just found some B&N giftcards I need to use up and most of their other stuff is overpriced.

#14 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:04 AM

In for two! AMZ will most likely PM B&N over and over again until it releases.

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#15 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:08 AM

I forgot to say that I'll definitely be preordering this, but I'm waiting for it to show up in my Quick Picks first.

...However, the ME3 CE guide still hasn't surfaced in my Quick Picks yet (and I bought the Skyrim CE guide), so I'm very slightly concerned.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#16 pacino408

pacino408

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:40 AM

In for one, thanks for the update on this.

#17 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:51 AM

I hope Amazon matches... B&N's shipping is terrible. I ordered the Skyward Sword CE guide form them and they stuck it in a box too big and the corners/edges got dented up.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#18 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:11 AM

seriously people, please submit the B&N price to amazon, lets get em to match it.

ostzsk.jpg

#19 wolverine81

wolverine81

Mmm Mmm Bitch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:17 AM

seriously people, please submit the B&N price to amazon, lets get em to match it.

Submitted!!

#20 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:20 AM

I did. Hopefully they match

#21 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:26 AM

Not buying, but posted the price match to Amazon for you buyers.

#22 hatback

hatback

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:27 AM

Will this guide likely be hard to find in stores later on and worth more than it's MSRP like the Skyrim CE guide? Or no?

#23 monstericreated

monstericreated

merkin' snitches

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:41 AM

Woot, in for one. Thanks! Also sent PM to Amazon.
Posted Image

Grateful for female avatar codes to beef up my wardrobe! :bouncy:

#24 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:42 AM

Will this guide likely be hard to find in stores later on and worth more than it's MSRP like the Skyrim CE guide? Or no?

The guide for the 1st game is still at the same price it was when it came out. So I guess that's about what this one will do

#25 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:42 AM

It is always hard to say with guides. Generally RPG guides are pretty safe to assume that with over all other genres but FFXIII's CE guide really hasn't spiked that much.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#26 Animekatt

Animekatt

Black Catgirl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:59 AM

Mine.

Animekatt.png 4bc3aaafe5e7610a18092ffc8d198a69_ba22853

#27 Vector

Vector

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:46 PM

I hope Amazon matches... B&N's shipping is terrible. I ordered the Skyward Sword CE guide form them and they stuck it in a box too big and the corners/edges got dented up.

At least you received yours. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. :cry:

#28 ken9

ken9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:36 PM

the bn price is up to $24.49. just fyi, so its $.50 more than amazon x_x

#29 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:56 PM