38 replies to this topic

#1 Cjrosa6

Cjrosa6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:44 AM

I don't think this is a double post.

Link

Please buy them so they can go out of stock so I don't have to spend anymore. Lol

Btw the first one is included so its essentially $14 a game, and the first one is still around $30.

#2 TommyT53

TommyT53

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:52 AM

Awesome! Thanks OP!

#3 Hinoshiko

Hinoshiko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:58 AM

Nice find.

#4 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:04 AM

Please buy them so they can go out of stock so I don't have to spend anymore. Lol

Please wait until tomorrow to do this, after I grab one lol

#5 HikariYuki

HikariYuki

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:34 PM

Thanks got this for something to do over winter break!

#6 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:45 PM

First one was fun, it's like a free MMORPG on the PS3. Great deal.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#7 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:52 PM

This one includes the first one right? I've heard a lot of bad stuff about these games. Are they actually good? How long are they? I've got quite a backlog and wonder if it's best to wait another year or two to buy this. I'm sure it will be $5-$10 by then since the Xbox 3 and PS4 will be coming out.

#8 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:54 PM

This one includes the first one right? I've heard a lot of bad stuff about these games. Are they actually good? How long are they? I've got quite a backlog and wonder if it's best to wait another year or two to buy this. I'm sure it will be $5-$10 by then since the Xbox 3 and PS4 will be coming out.

First one is included on disc. The Story seems cliche, Rescue the Princess, but stick with it, it evolves into far more than that.

The gameplay is similar to FF12, great customization, you create an avatar at the beginning of the game, that once you're about an hour into the story you can take them Online at any save point and level them up. As for length, I had about 400 hours into part one. Make some friends online, or join a guild and you have hundreds of hours of content.

It's really great fun for less than 30, the online may be dead by the time you wait another year, it's worth it for two games worth of story IMO, but the bonuses and free online play solidify it.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#9 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:56 PM

First one is included on disc. The Story seems cliche, Rescue the Princess, but stick with it, it evolves into far more than that.

The gameplay is similar to FF12, great customization, you create an avatar at the beginning of the game, that once you're about an hour into the story you can take them Online at any save point and level them up.

It's really great fun for less than 30, the online may be dead by the time you wait another year, it's worth it for two games worth of story IMO, but the bonuses and free online play solidify it.

The point about waiting a year or two was because of my backlog. Even if I bought it now I wouldn't get to it right away so there is no guarantee that there will be an active online community anyway. So are you saying that without an active online community that this game (as a single player only game) is no good?

#10 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:02 PM

The point about waiting a year or two was because of my backlog. Even if I bought it now I wouldn't get to it right away so there is no guarantee that there will be an active online community anyway. So are you saying that without an active online community that this game (as a single player only game) is no good?

I would recommend pushing this up your backlog to play with a larger online community.

As a single player game, 30 is still worth it. I enjoyed the story of part one, which gets better as it progresses, with customization of your characters and Avatar, it's especially good.

They upped the graphics of part 1 too, to match Part 2, so I'd say it's a solid purchase either way. Fun factor will be more the sooner you play.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#11 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:11 PM

I would recommend pushing this up your backlog to play with a larger online community.

As a single player game, 30 is still worth it. I enjoyed the story of part one, which gets better as it progresses, with customization of your characters and Avatar, it's especially good.

They upped the graphics of part 1 too, to match Part 2, so I'd say it's a solid purchase either way. Fun factor will be more the sooner you play.

Well I appreciate the recommendation but I'll get it when either it is $5-$10 or my backlog dies down (if it's reasonably priced at the time). I have to keep things in perspective. I bought the gears of war tripple pack for $8, this will be there at some point too. I get that you are an enthusiast but the fans of a particular game are not those that one should solely listen to. I remember hearing that final fantasy tactics was the best thing since sliced bread. I like jrpg's but hated that thing. Then I tell people this and am told 'that's too bad, you really missed out on a great game'. This is why you can't solely listen to the enthusiasts, they just don't get where you are coming from, I didn't miss out on anything - I didnt like the game. At least you aren't saying 'I spent $60 for this game and it was worth every dollar! For this price it's a steal!'. As soon as I read that I stop reading a post.

#12 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:15 PM

Well I appreciate the recommendation but I'll get it when either it is $5-$10 or my backlog does down (if it's reasonably priced at the time). I have to keep things in perspective. I bought the gears of war tripple pack for $8, this will be there at some point too. I get that you are an enthusiast but the fans of a particular game are not those that one should solely listen to. I remember hearing that final fantasy tactics was the best thing since sliced bread. I like jrpg's but hated that thing. Then I tell people this and am told 'that's too bad, you really missed out on a great game'. This is why you can't solely listen to the enthusiasts, they just don't get where you are coming from. At least you aren't saying 'I spent $60 for this game and it was worth every dollar! For this price it's a steal!'. As soon as I read that I stop reading a post.

haha, it's all good man. If you can't commit the time to the online sooner, then yeah, just pick it up next year cheap. It'll still be worth it for the story, there should be a little online left, I doubt it'll be totally dead, and yeah it's much different than FFT, this is more open world real time combat.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#13 Kniq

Kniq

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:20 PM

I hated what they did to FFT on Gameboy...

#14 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:21 PM

haha, it's all good man. If you can't commit the time to the online sooner, then yeah, just pick it up next year cheap. It'll still be worth it for the story, there should be a little online left, I doubt it'll be totally dead, and yeah it's much different than FFT, this is more open world real time combat.

So do you only play with people in the US or folks in Japan as well? I'm sure people there will play it longer. When you say it's like an MMO, are there 40 man raids where you grind for hours to get one piece of gear if you are lucky?

#15 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

So do you only play with people in the US or folks in Japan as well? I'm sure people there will play it longer. When you say it's like an MMO, are there 40 man raids where you grind for hours to get one piece of gear if you are lucky?

Part 1 you could play with Japan. I think part 2 is just connected with Europe.

No, online consists of towns you join with up to 12 people present, and you can embark on quests with up to 6 person parties. After beating the bosses, yes, you have percentages of under 10% usually of getting super rare items.

and yes, FFT on the GBA was horrible.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#16 wynams

wynams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:14 PM

Please everyone:

1. Click here: http://www.amazon.co...3/dp/B004WL4LOY
2. Scroll down to where it says TELL US ABOUT A LOWER PRICE
3. Type in $27.99 and $0.00 shipping and link to product page is http://www.newegg.co...sher-_-79274029

THANKS!

#17 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:15 PM

waiting for under $20. Even so I heard this game isn't very good.

#18 bdb2m

bdb2m

No Backseat Mods!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:28 PM

I ordered it. Really liked the first one, especially the online part. I wanted to buy this at release but have too many games to play through to pay full price.

#19 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:31 PM

Please everyone:

1. Click here: http://www.amazon.co...3/dp/B004WL4LOY
2. Scroll down to where it says TELL US ABOUT A LOWER PRICE
3. Type in $27.99 and $0.00 shipping and link to product page is http://www.newegg.co...sher-_-79274029

THANKS!

Why don't you just buy it on NewEgg? It's $28, no tax and free 2-day shipping.

#20 bdb2m

bdb2m

No Backseat Mods!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:34 PM

Why don't you just buy it on NewEgg? It's $28, no tax and free 2-day shipping.

Maybe he has a credit? Also New Egg does charge tax in some places, my home state being one of them. Also, I didn't see anything for two day shipping unless you used Shoprunner, did I miss something?

#21 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:36 PM

Also, I didn't see anything for two day shipping unless you used Shoprunner, did I miss something?

It depends on where you live probably, but Newegg's standard shipping almost always gets to me in two days. They're pretty quick.

33126.png

#22 bdb2m

bdb2m

No Backseat Mods!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:40 PM

Yeah I live near the processing center(thus I am charged tax) so I guess it's not a big deal. The few things I have ordered from them got here fast, just thought I missed a promo or something.

#23 wynams

wynams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:45 PM

Maybe he has a credit? Also New Egg does charge tax in some places, my home state being one of them. Also, I didn't see anything for two day shipping unless you used Shoprunner, did I miss something?

Yup ... just sitting on Amazon credit. I got in on the dominos shoprunner 'deal', so 2 copies for $45.xx from Newegg (using NEWCUSTOMER10) is my backup plan.

I doubt Amazon PMs this as WKCII is on their current b1g140%off promo, but its worth a shot.

#24 coopx

coopx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:46 PM

Newegg charge me tax cuz they are just 3 blocks away from my place. I went at amazon site and submit a lower price.

#25 Lt Dan

Lt Dan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

Debating buying this. SWTOR has taken over my life so much that My brand new PS3 bundle, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2 and God Of War 3 have all gone totally untouched since purchase.

Not to mention I still haven't finished a play through of ME2 with all the DLC.

I could pick up these games for $20 though, and fat wallet will give the extra 1% back (which is a meseasly 28 cents)

Are there any promo codes that stack with this offer?
Currently Playing -
:pc: Marvel Avengers Alliance
:360: Halo 4/Assassins Creed 3/Skylanders Giants/ZOE HD
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles 2
:psp: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
:ds: Pokemon White 2
Vita: AC3 Liberation

#26 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

tax kills newegg deals for me. in for frys instore price match.
lol i'll probably change my mind on the way to frys but even so, good deal op
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#27 wynams

wynams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:28 PM

Are there any promo codes that stack with this offer?

The only one I know of is $10 off $50 for new customers: NEWCUSTOMER10
single use per email address so get as creative as your conscience allows if you are not indeed new to the egg :)

2 copies = $56 less coupon -10 = $46

Assuming you can find someone local to split, and you aren't taxed = $23/copy

#28 heavenscloud

heavenscloud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:00 PM

The 1st one is included with WKC2, but I think I read somewhere that you can't unlock trophies playing WKC1 this way? Not a big deal, but just curious if it that's the case.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: - Dark Souls 2
:psp: - nothing
:vita: - nothing

:wiiu: - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
:3ds: XL - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

#29 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

Does newegg always have free shipping or is it over after the new year?

#30 uthoria

uthoria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:13 PM

Rented this game last week and fell in love with it....picked up a copy even though I was charged tax :(

Thanks OP