Photo
- - - - -

Newegg - Wii and DS - de Blob 2, Lost in Shadow $8, EA Sports Active 2 $15, others

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:56 PM

Spotted some decent prices on some Wii and DS games at Newegg. They appear to have free shipping as well. CA residents and possibly some other states pay sales tax.

Wii:
de Blob 2 - $7.99
Lost in Shadow - $7.99
Ghostbusters - $9.99
Conduit 2 - $14.99
EA Sports Active 2 Bundle - $14.99
EA Sports Active NFL Training Camp Bundle - $14.99

DS:
de Blob 2 - $7.99
Rhythm Heaven - $9.99
Ivy the Kiwi - $14.99
Sonic Rush - $14.99

#2 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:08 PM

Grabbed a copy of Lost In Shadow as a gift. (man if people only knew how many sub-$10 games I'm gifting out this year)
sudo mklove

#3 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:38 PM

In for 1. Thanks, OP.

EDIT: OH, err, Lost In Shadow, I mean, lol.

#4 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:43 PM

Thanks picked up Lost in Shadow.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#5 Spacepest

Spacepest

Your Tax Dollars At Work

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:00 PM

Grabbed a copy of Lost In Shadow as a gift. (man if people only knew how many sub-$10 games I'm gifting out this year)

Ain't nothing wrong with that. In this economy, people are lucky I'm giving out video games at all!
"Videogames...why waste good technology (and $$$ ) on science and medicine?"

#6 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:02 PM

tempted to pick up Lost in Shadow - anyone like it?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#7 Muthafodder

Muthafodder

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:08 PM

How does that training camp bundle compare to EA active 2?
I assume it was only for the Wii.

Looks like it's $10 at Walmart

Looks like a ton of other Walmart Rollbacks...I'll let someone else bother with a new thread though.

Meanwhile, I'll be perusing.

Edited by Muthafodder, 15 December 2011 - 08:22 PM.

#8 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:33 PM

http://www.metacriti.../lost-in-shadow

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#9 DefeatUForever

DefeatUForever

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:35 PM

Damn it, I just ordered Lost in Shadow from amazon for 11.44. Gonna send that back and order it from newegg, thanks op.

#10 vherub

vherub

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:36 PM

I found it enjoyable, not too difficult, interesting story and puzzle mechanics. Would have been done better as a downloadable title, and probably gotten better reviews as well.

#11 Ryuu555

Ryuu555

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

Liked it a lot. Something about it resonated with me.
Posted Image

#12 Madrocsz

Madrocsz

It's a Trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:29 PM

oh COME on I just ordered lost in shadow last night from amazon for 11.99!

MadrocSZ.png

#13 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:47 PM

Thanks OP, I just put an order in for lost in shadow. I saw this post earlier and was being a tightwad but decided can't go wrong at this price even if it don't get the best reviews. This game just calls me for some reason and wants put in my huge backlog.

#14 DefeatUForever

DefeatUForever

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:59 PM

oh COME on I just ordered lost in shadow last night from amazon for 11.99!

Just go to your order history and select returns and follow the directions. I have a ups drop box right around the corner from me so i send games back all the time when i find better deals.

#15 DonWii

DonWii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:51 PM

Had Lost in Shadow, so picked up Conduit 2

#16 E_Man

E_Man

Classically Trained!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

I would pick up Conduit 2 but I never played or owned the 1st game yet.

#17 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:21 PM

Damn it, I just ordered Lost in Shadow from amazon for 11.44. Gonna send that back and order it from newegg, thanks op.

Unless you're going to lie and say there was something defective with it, isn't the cost of return shipping to Amazon going to negate the amount you save from Newegg?

#18 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:51 PM

When I saw De Blob 2 for $8 I was worried it would also be fore PS3 or Xbox 360....my head was about to explode. I can't keep buying these things. Luckily it's for the Wii...I only buy console exclusives for that since everything on it looks like shit.

#19 DefeatUForever

DefeatUForever

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:07 AM

Unless you're going to lie and say there was something defective with it, isn't the cost of return shipping to Amazon going to negate the amount you save from Newegg?

Ive never had them take out the shipping, i always just select the item wasnt shipped right, whatever that one is. No big deal on lying about that cause they just take it back and sell it again. Ive saved a couple hundred dollars doing this. I always try to pricematch first though and amazon refused to pricematch newegg for me on this so eff em.

#20 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:14 AM

Ive never had them take out the shipping, i always just select the item wasnt shipped right, whatever that one is. No big deal on lying about that cause they just take it back and sell it again. Ive saved a couple hundred dollars doing this. I always try to pricematch first though and amazon refused to pricematch newegg for me on this so eff em.

Insert obligatory scornful comment here
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#21 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:27 AM

Yea no big deal on lying about it until you get lifetime banned from amazon you freaking tool

#22 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:53 AM

Ivy the Kiwi seems interesting. Besides graphics and portability, what is the difference between the Wii version and the DS version?

#23 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:27 AM

Yea no big deal on lying about it until you get lifetime banned from amazon you freaking tool

hah. that's exactly why I support Amazon banning people.

---

Thanks for the comments on Lost in Shadow. I still have too many games in my backlog to buy this. But I will probably cave before the night is through.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#24 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:55 AM

Ivy the Kiwi seems interesting. Besides graphics and portability, what is the difference between the Wii version and the DS version?

I believe the main difference is that the Wii version has some kind of multiplayer and maybe co-op. DS uses one of the screens as a map so its in front of you at all times. Otherwise I believe the levels are identical.

#25 lockey

lockey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:16 AM

Damn Lost in Shadow out of stock.

#26 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:34 AM

I missed out on Lost in Shadow also... I gave them my email to contact me. Do these ever come back in stock? For the same price?

(I got an extra deBlob 2 if anyone wants to trade Lost in Shadow for it... just PM me.)

#27 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:40 AM

They do come back in stock, but often not at the same price. For some of these games you have to wait Newegg out until they have a sale again.

#28 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:07 AM

Man, really wanted Lost in Shadow. Oh well.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.