Brutal Legend (X360/PS3) $5.99 with Free shipping at Newegg

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 PJV9126

PJV9126

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:15 AM

Part of a Christmas sale they are doing. For Xbox 360 and PS3 with free shipping

X360: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874186008

PS3: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879258017

Heard its a good game, but very short, so at this price it should only be ~$1 an hour ;)

#2 redmangoose

redmangoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:20 AM

Saw this a while ago.
Are these games on sale, or just that price by default?
Cause I saw Yakuza 3,4, Valkyria Chronicles, and Arkham Asylum for low prices but they aren't listed as discounted..
..so I'm wondering if they're going to be like that from now on or just until Christmas ends.

#3 PJV9126

PJV9126

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:22 AM

Here is the sale flyer: http://promotions.ne...282/696x288.jpg

At the bottom it says "Offers expire 12/24/2011 at 11:59PM PST" So looks like it is temporary. And Yakuza 3/4 and Valkyria Chronicles are both part of it.

#4 redmangoose

redmangoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:28 AM

I wonder why Batman and Splinter Cell HD aren't listed.
Might cop Yakuza 3 and 4 before it ends. The prices aren't THAT good but it's a franchise that needs supporting and I doubt I'll find it used anywhere for that much cheaper. Still need to finish 1 and 2 though, heh.

#5 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:19 AM

Just started playing this today after sitting on my shelf for a month or two. Waiting for my guitar to be shipped and rocksmith to come. Seemed the perfect time to play it.

Obviously if you like heavy metal you will like the game that much more. Dont know many of the artists but its fun to listen to.

As most people will tell you the real time strategy part sours the game a bit. But you get demo wings making it faster and more fun to get around the battle feild.

Not an amazing game but it got a good sence if humor and is a nice change if pace.

#6 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:30 AM

In for 1. Thanks OP.

#7 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:48 AM

Thanks, I will give the game another shot.

#8 vice1611

vice1611

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:54 AM

I thought I read somewhere that the PS3 version is badly glitched so you cant finish the game and EA wouldn't release another patch for it.

#9 PJV9126

PJV9126

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:59 AM

I don't think its a universal problem, but you're right. Apparently sometimes once the save game gets to >80% the save file becomes corrupted. And I also read that Tim Schafer made a patch to fix it but EA wouldn't put up the funds to release it.

http://www.gamefaqs....legend/58595989

#10 Eggplant_Wizard

Eggplant_Wizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:02 AM

The 360 doesn't have this?

#11 JCAll

JCAll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:03 AM

I don't think its a universal problem, but you're right. Apparently sometimes once the save game gets to >80% the save file becomes corrupted. And I also read that Tim Schafer made a patch to fix it but EA wouldn't put up the funds to release it.

http://www.gamefaqs....legend/58595989

Mine didn't die or anything, just started taking longer to load at the beginning. Annoying, but not devastating. Maybe I got lucky.

But stay classy EA. Don't ever spend 5 minutes to put up a link to fix one of your games. And try to see if you can shoot down any sequel plans if you get the chance.

#12 Earthbound_X

Earthbound_X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:24 AM

Hmm, might pick up Yakuza 3 and 4, but I'm gonna wait and see if they are any cheaper in that Gamefly sale that is supposed to start on the 21st.

#13 Logg

Logg

Every Time I Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:42 PM

Just picked up this and Star Ocean 21 shipped why not.

#14 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:50 PM

Got this when Best Buy had it for $2.99 + tax and free shipping, a few weeks ago. Still haven't opened it.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#15 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:46 PM

I bought this a short while back, got to the first tower defense part and shortly stopped playing. I might go back to it at some point, but I don't know. Probably not. Just play the demo and be done with it. LOL. :)

Crunchewy.png

#16 Reiaze

Reiaze

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:59 PM

I finally broke down and snagged one for the 360. Thanks OP!

#17 MaxBiaggi3

MaxBiaggi3

Designated Bad Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:02 PM

I thought I read somewhere that the PS3 version is badly glitched so you cant finish the game and EA wouldn't release another patch for it.

Actually, the glitch is caused by a patch. If you play the campaign through without downloading the existing patches, you'll make it through just fine.

Unfortunately, you need the patches for online multiplayer, so once you download these, your campaign mode will glitch and not let you complete it.

#18 zuke76

zuke76

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:04 PM

This game has been scraping the bottom of the barrel with its prices for over a year now. Its a decent game, but they should just give it away free.

#19 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:49 PM

I bought this a short while back, got to the first tower defense part and shortly stopped playing. I might go back to it at some point, but I don't know. Probably not. Just play the demo and be done with it. LOL. :)

Same with me, enjoyed it until it switched game styles. Step child loved it, picked up a copy for a late arrival christmas present.

#20 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

Its a good game. Its a bit rough around the edges but very enjoyable.

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#21 shaneatlh

shaneatlh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:26 AM

Good deal and post
I got more Bank than Hillary Banks and Tyra Banks at a bank on Gulfbank.:)