Photo
- - - - -

L.A. Noire Rockstar pass on Sale for 480 points!

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:27 AM

Hey Guys. Just wanted to give the heads up on this. Glad I didnt buy this last night like I planned. It was 900 the other night.

http://marketplace.x...bb-d5f5917c3a93
check out my tradelist :
http://www.cheapassg...mar-and-wwe-13/

#2 jooanyenna

jooanyenna

Top 5 Cheapest Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:35 AM

so that's like $6 right?

Or I can have a vanilla copy of this game for $10 after BB coupon...

decisions decisions
Posted Image

#3 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:38 AM

so that's like $6 right?

Or I can have a vanilla copy of this game for $10 after BB coupon...

decisions decisions

Decisions? This is for all the extra content that is in the complete edition. Getting the complete edition for around 16 is a steal. I personally hate this game. Only game I ever stopped playing due to the intense repetitiveness.

#4 The_cheapest_Daddy

The_cheapest_Daddy

(>••)>†

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:40 AM

I hope it happen to the PS3 on tomorrow update.

#5 jamehze

jamehze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:42 AM

Hmm shame this hasn't been discounted on the PSN. Anyone know how they set prices? It's by the publishers right so what stops them from doing so?

#6 reallynotnick

reallynotnick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:43 AM

If you enjoy the main game this is a must have expansion and a great deal for only $6. I spent $10 on the expansion and I was pleased with my purchase and I usually never pay for DLC. But then again this is probably one of my top 5 games this year so milage will vary.

#7 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:45 AM

Hope I like the game. I couldnt pass up all the extras for the price of one though.
check out my tradelist :
http://www.cheapassg...mar-and-wwe-13/

#8 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:45 AM

Cool deal but I think I will wait until I can get the pc version for the same price since I already beat this on ps3.

#9 DFogz

DFogz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:23 AM

Hmm shame this hasn't been discounted on the PSN. Anyone know how they set prices? It's by the publishers right so what stops them from doing so?

The PS Store usually only updates on Tuesdays unlike the Xbox Marketplace which seems to have updates every other day.
If it's a publisher thing and not a Microsoft thing I'd expect it to hit PSN in tomorrows update.

Personally I hope it hits PSN tomorrow, if it does I'm running down to BestBuy to snag one of those $10 Vanilla copies

#10 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:27 AM

Yea, I just saw this on Xbox while looking around the dash in the game section. Great deal imo
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#11 DirtySeeSaw

DirtySeeSaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:39 AM

Come on PSN, just got this on the PS3 at BB and would complete the deal if I could grab this.

#12 Gimgak

Gimgak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:45 AM

Hoping for PSN too, I bought it used on PS3 and got lucky with 2 dlc codes coming with the purchase but I'd still pay $6 for the rest of them, who knows might play the game again some day.
Posted Image

#13 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:30 AM

They all add up to a pretty sizable addition of content and a couple are really great cases. If you like the game, definitely a steal at 6 bucks.

#14 neworleans7

neworleans7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:33 AM

Kinda glad I passed on the complete edition and got the vanilla copy for $10. Thanks OP.

#15 ddog510

ddog510

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:35 AM

Good thing I got in on that last 4000 msp ebay/buy.com deal. My MSP balance is draining!
Posted Image

#16 BR1CK

BR1CK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:45 AM

thanks for pointing this out. i just got the vanilla LAN cheap and this makes it even better

#17 jamehze

jamehze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:03 AM

The PS Store usually only updates on Tuesdays unlike the Xbox Marketplace which seems to have updates every other day.
If it's a publisher thing and not a Microsoft thing I'd expect it to hit PSN in tomorrows update.

Personally I hope it hits PSN tomorrow, if it does I'm running down to BestBuy to snag one of those $10 Vanilla copies

I thought Live Marketplace updates on Wednesdays? Are sales really just up to them to decide at any time?

#18 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:05 AM

I thought Live Marketplace updates on Wednesdays? Are sales really just up to them to decide at any time?

XBLA pushes content/price changes whenever they want. Usually new games come out on Wednesday, but their marketplace isn't nearly as structured as PSN's "push everything on Tuesday" model.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#19 grrouchie

grrouchie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:13 AM

picked up the game just recently for 11.xx at Target on CLX.

also, looking at xbox.com it looks like I have 840 points that I didn't even know I had just chilling - so I'm thinking about doing this.
2013 Spending Tab

2013 Completed Games Tab

Follow me on twitter

Read my blog
That I update too often.

#20 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

I also got the vanilla copy at Target on clearance but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. It's a little off-putting the the download size for this is only 108 KB, so all of this content must already be on the disc. So then does that mean that the "Complete Edition" is the same exact thing but not locked like the vanilla one? Interesting...

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#21 wigglesizking

wigglesizking

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:37 AM

Wait, will I get free DLC if I get this Season Pass?

#22 Dragon164z

Dragon164z

D r a g o n 1 6 4 z

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:53 AM

Wait, will I get free DLC if I get this Season Pass?

The L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass includes all the following:

- The Broderick Detective Suit
- The Sharpshooter Detective Suit
- The Badge Pursuit Challenge & Button Man Suit
- "The Naked City" Vice Case
- "A Slip Of The Tongue" Traffic Case
- "Nicholson Electroplating" Arson Case
- "Reefer Madness" Vice Case."

So then does that mean that the "Complete Edition" is the same exact thing but not locked like the vanilla one? Interesting...

More like infuriating...

I don't care about the suits (the Broderick was included when I paid $60 for the original release), so are those 4 cases worth $6? I started playing the game again today after leaving it for a while (I just started the 2nd disc), and although I don't completely love the game I do like it. I want to play these missions (which could and should have been included with the original release), but I don't want to feel any more ripped off than I already do.

Posted Image

#23 midnightexpress

midnightexpress

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:27 AM

Already finished the game once, but was watching Mad Men on Blu, which really made me wanted to play this game again (a lot of Mad Men actors make cameos in the film, apart from the lead character of course). The DLCs are nice and add value to the game, so I'd recommend it if you're a fan.

#24 wigglesizking

wigglesizking

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:36 AM

The L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass includes all the following:

- The Broderick Detective Suit
- The Sharpshooter Detective Suit
- The Badge Pursuit Challenge & Button Man Suit
- "The Naked City" Vice Case
- "A Slip Of The Tongue" Traffic Case
- "Nicholson Electroplating" Arson Case
- "Reefer Madness" Vice Case."

Yup, basically most of the DLC that's in the Complete Edition I might just get this instead of forking out $40 buying the complete edition. I still don't understand Season Passes at all for games...Now if Gamefly adds LA Noire to it's Year end sale I will bite the bullet on the game

#25 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:36 AM

Was waiting for this to go on sale again, thanks OP!

#26 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:22 AM

Why would a sale for Xbox live be available for PSN?

#27 Sdawg

Sdawg

Lord of the Squirrels

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:19 AM

So then does that mean that the "Complete Edition" is the same exact thing but not locked like the vanilla one? Interesting...

The 108kb file is just the rockstar pass, which unlocks all the dlc via the ingame menu for you to download. The actual dlc cases are around 250mb each, so don't worry the dlc cases are not on the vanilla disc
Posted Image

#28 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:26 AM

Thanks OP, just bought the DLC. I bought LA Noire today at Best Buy for $10 so this is really good timing. Now I'm glad I opted for the 3 disc xbox version.

Open spoiler at your own risk.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#29 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

Why would a sale for Xbox live be available for PSN?

I think he meant it would be nice if it also went on sale on PSN.

And I agree I hope it goes on sale for the same price (or cheaper) on PSN. It will go along nice with the $12 copy I snagged from GF last week.

#30 DFogz

DFogz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:41 PM

I still don't understand Season Passes at all for games...

Essentially you buy the Season Pass, then you get all of the DLC they release for free. (Usually a pretty nice discount compared to buying them individually)