57 replies to this topic

#1 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:19 AM

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879261376
http://www.amazon.co...3/dp/B006JKARN0

Just a heads up encase anyone is thinking of getting Gran Turismo 5, to hold off.

Releasing on 1/17/11

Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition Contents

• Original Gran Turismo 5 game, featuring more than 1,000 cars, 20+ locations with 70+ track layouts, diverse racing styles including rally, track, karting, NASCAR, and more, deep online community features and online racing, plus Gran Turismo TV, Course Maker and more.
  • All of the new and improved features and functionality from all free downloadable game updates up through Spec 2.0 included on the disc.
  • Voucher good for over $20 worth of DLC Content, including the Racing Car Pack, Car Pack 2, Course Pack, Racing Gear Pack, and Paint Pack.
Posted Image

Edited by htz, 06 January 2012 - 06:39 PM.

#2 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:23 AM

What's included in this?

#3 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:25 AM

I bet its the regular edition with the new Spec 2.0 DLC.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Mikocouch

Mikocouch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:27 AM

I bet its the regular edition with the new Spec 2.0 DLC.

So, it's the same game with a couple more skylines. Sweet!

#5 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:30 AM

If its the same thing as the one being released in Japan then its GT5 with the Spec 2.0 DLC and the latest update already on the disc

#6 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:31 AM

I was wondering why every store seemed to be going OOS on GT5. I was seconds away from buying it from amazon the other day at $30, now glad it went OOS before I could complete it. Got Deux Ex Augmented instead (needed to reach $100 for the promo).

I guess this also means we might see the original GT5 clearanced at Target for ~$12-25 soon. It's been on sale for $29 a few times in the past few weeks.

#7 vic_x51

vic_x51

World Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 03:49 PM

i'm hoping it contains all the dlc including the recent car pack that came out last week.

#8 husyk

husyk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:15 PM

http://www.gtplanet....refreshed-disc/

#9 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:31 PM

Getting this from House Party this month :)

#10 aardarf

aardarf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:27 PM

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879261376

Just a heads up encase anyone is thinking of getting Gran Turismo 5, to hold off.

Thanks much OP, didn't know this was incoming. I've been waiting for the regular to drop to $25... now I'll hold off until whatever this is drops to $30 or so.

#11 b1rdman

b1rdman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:04 PM

Regular edition is barely worth $15

I got it a little while after it came out, traded some old games in and that's close to how much it cost me out of pocket.

I was so bored with the game I can't even explain it in words. Let's put it this way: 90% of the time you're watching load screens or going through menus trying to determine if you have the right car for an event. 10% of the time then you "race", and by that I mean drive around a track with other drivers and hope that your car is better than the opponents. You either lose by 10 seconds or win by 10 seconds.

#12 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:54 PM

It sounds like you're terrible at racing games and expected them to play for you.

You were probably looking for Forza. GT5 is a sim, not an arcade racer like that other "sim".

Are you seriously calling forza a arcade racer??

#13 b1rdman

b1rdman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:04 PM

It sounds like you're terrible at racing games and expected them to play for you.

You were probably looking for Forza. GT5 is a sim, not an arcade racer like that other "sim".

lol excuse me for disliking the game. I know it's a "sim", and I was not terrible at it. In fact, prior to getting it I had gt5 prologue and got gold in every race but one.

The game is just disappointing in numerous ways, and not all that fun to me.

#14 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:09 PM

Yay fanbois bingo :applause:

#15 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:12 PM

I'm getting this for free. Now I can check out the features.

#16 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:12 PM

If Forza is an arcade racer, what do you call NFS and the rest? Arcade X2?

#17 Mongoose07

Mongoose07

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

Gran Turismo 5 wasn't much fun to me, either. It was a huge grind. I'm not going to go for those licenses. I don't want to race in my souped up little Honda because I can't afford to switch to a better car and so much was already pumped into it. I even had the Logitech Wheel, which helped some, but even that couldn't stave off how boring it was. So many loading screens for hundreds of cars I don't care about (how many GT-R's do we need, while having ZERO Firebirds? GTO's? Nice to see American cars matter, Polyphony). Forza 3 and 4 are both much better GAMES, and not much worse as a sim.

I'm still passing this up :/ Maybe rebuy it at <$20

#18 vic_x51

vic_x51

World Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:55 PM

I agree gt5 is a great sim. If you love the chance to experience real driving, tuning every little detail of a car to take off milliseconds off a lap record thus is it. Basically if you are a hardcore car lover, gear head and car tuner this is for you. If you are not a gear head and just want to get into a watever super car and take it 200 mph and bump all over the place this isn't for you.

#19 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:02 PM

Gran Turismo 5 wasn't much fun to me, either. It was a huge grind. I'm not going to go for those licenses. I don't want to race in my souped up little Honda because I can't afford to switch to a better car and so much was already pumped into it. I even had the Logitech Wheel, which helped some, but even that couldn't stave off how boring it was. So many loading screens for hundreds of cars I don't care about (how many GT-R's do we need, while having ZERO Firebirds? GTO's? Nice to see American cars matter, Polyphony). Forza 3 and 4 are both much better GAMES, and not much worse as a sim.

I'm still passing this up :/ Maybe rebuy it at <$20

Totally agree. GT5 is such a grind, it's not even funny. Cash is so tight it feels like we are in a recession. Even though we are, I don't like to feel like that in my games. The menu system is so busy and slow, it just makes me wanna pull my hair out. I have Foza 1-4 and none of them have these flaws. GT5 might be slightly more sim at the limit but the whole package just isn't fun. If memory serves me right, I remember GT1,2,3 were much more fun and less grind.

I will rebuy it only when it hits <$10

#20 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:14 AM

Forza 4 > GT5. There I said it.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#21 xcefkevin

xcefkevin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:17 AM

I'm getting this for free. Now I can check out the features.

Yep. I was curious what kind of game I would be getting from House Party so now its good to have any idea. Along with a price in case I decide to sell it.

#22 pRINCESS-iSABELA

pRINCESS-iSABELA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:22 AM

That's hilarious.
You're questioning his skill and then blatantly put yourself into questionable position by calling Forza an arcade game.
Default options are set to make you cruise easily through the tracks but turn off bunch of assists and you're dealing with a real sim here, some would say "the sim".
Dig deeper next time.
GT5 feels a bit too stuck in the past the way it handles everything (not the actual driving, it's quite realistic).
Love both games though.

#23 husyk

husyk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:40 AM

If you get vanilla GT5, expect ~2GB patch.

#24 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:33 AM

Yep. I was curious what kind of game I would be getting from House Party so now its good to have any idea. Along with a price in case I decide to sell it.

I probably won't sell it. I'll give it a try, I just don't knew when. I think next week is the last week for points though.

#25 nervousxtian

nervousxtian

proofisindeepudding

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:32 AM

Don't care to comment on OP, but Forza 4 is a better overall game than GT5. The racing is pretty equal, but everything else is swayed Forza's way.

#26 Mongoose07

Mongoose07

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:00 AM

I agree gt5 is a great sim. If you love the chance to experience real driving, tuning every little detail of a car to take off milliseconds off a lap record thus is it. Basically if you are a hardcore car lover, gear head and car tuner this is for you. If you are not a gear head and just want to get into a watever super car and take it 200 mph and bump all over the place this isn't for you.

Dude, I am a hardcore car lover. I literally dump most of my paycheck that doesn't go to games into cars (it's nice being dependent on parents while I'm in college). GT5 had such unrealistic tuning that it was a joke. When you put out $6,000 on a Turbo that pumps out 25 HP gains, let me know. It was so heavily skewed towards Japanese cars (Not necessarily bad, but Forza 4 covers a much wider, less focused basis), and heavily bogged down in menus and installs.

I'm glad you still enjoyed it, power to you, but Gran Turismo 5 is a shadow of what that series used to be and represents nearly all the flaws in current Japanese game development.

#27 Hoss360

Hoss360

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:44 AM

still not understanding why everytime either forza or gt5 are mentioned, it turns into a fanboy war...

if your a car guy and have both systems, chances are you'd get both games... i'm even a mod on the forza site, but i still have respect for the gt series, it's what got me into the racing genre. but people tend to argue every time one of these games is mentioned

#28 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:59 AM

still not understanding why everytime either forza or gt5 are mentioned, it turns into a fanboy war...

if your a car guy and have both systems, chances are you'd get both games... i'm even a mod on the forza site, but i still have respect for the gt series, it's what got me into the racing genre. but people tend to argue every time one of these games is mentioned

I have both and each has their pros and cons but you gotta love watching Fanbois Tennis. :applause:

#29 jagdeep820

jagdeep820

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:45 AM

Totally agree. GT5 is such a grind, it's not even funny. Cash is so tight it feels like we are in a recession. Even though we are, I don't like to feel like that in my games. The menu system is so busy and slow, it just makes me wanna pull my hair out. I have Foza 1-4 and none of them have these flaws. GT5 might be slightly more sim at the limit but the whole package just isn't fun. If memory serves me right, I remember GT1,2,3 were much more fun and less grind.

I will rebuy it only when it hits <$10

You should try some of the online events they literally give out millions per win and I think they have a consecutive log-in bonus now to ... probably because the grind seemed to be a pretty universal complaint.

As far as forza vs. gran turismo goes ... as someone who sold an xbox for a ps3, I have to go with Forza. Mostly because while I do enjoy realistic driving sims I am not a hardcore racing fan. For me the menu system in gran turismo was atrocious, especially in a game where you will be spending a lot of time in the menu. Also as far as 1000 cars goes some of them look like complete crap while others are beautiful.

That by no means makes GT5 a bad game its just really annoying considering that with some simple fixes the game could have really been something legendary (bad car models aside). However the game is updated regularly and new content is always coming ... so who knows!!

#30 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:01 AM

Only reason I still own GT5 is because everybody should have at least 1 racing game..
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse